Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by SM19 View Post
    Don't worry about it. But yeah, I think it's incorrect to say that this pick doesn't address a need. We have a desperate need for decent kick coverage guys. Let's not forget that last year we were forced to play Champ Bailey on the kickoff unit. Additionally, we may not have Nique and Paymah on the roster for much longer, and in today's NFL, the nickel corner is nearly a starting position in terms of its importance.
    You are further improving my desire to give you a CP man. You took the words right from my mouth.

Immediate need filled? ST and depth

Future? Possible Nickel when either A) Bly and Bailey age (both are over 30) or B) when Foxy/Paymah or BOTH are gone next season, now we don't need to overpay for them as long as williams begins to develop.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

You can never have too many corners. We are one injury away right now from needing serious depth. What if foxy or paymah goes down? Not to mention this kid can FLY and he can tackle. Thats immediate special teams help on a unit that is just flat out BAD. Plus we know its likely Foxworth isn't here next year.

NFL.COM
    Pick Analysis: This guy can fly - he has great speed. He ran a 4.32 at his Pro Day and also had very impressive numbers in the cone drill and vertical jump. He's got good size for a corner. Given his athleticism, he could be underrated as a prospect and is a great value at this point in the draft.

Honestly, I think it says one of the two won't be retained, and my money's on Foxworth.

Of course, that may not be the case at all and they're just taking a guy who was high on their board and who represented good value at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco View Post
    Honestly, I think it says one of the two won't be retained, and my money's on Foxworth.

Of course, that may not be the case at all and they're just taking a guy who was high on their board and who represented good value at that point.
    I think Foxy is gone. I am hoping we keep Paymah though as he seemingly finally started to turn it on. Foxworth though has a perceived value higher than what I think it really is.

I think he will be a decent number 2, not great not good. Decent. I like him, I really do and he is a great guy in the locker room. But I don't think he will be worth the money he will demand.
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Quote Originally Posted by WABronco View Post

GREAT value according to NFL.COM.... but yeah. I think you are right on the ball there.

Quote Originally Posted by JoRo View Post
    I think Foxy is gone. I am hoping we keep Paymah though as he seemingly finally started to turn it on. Foxworth though has a perceived value higher than what I think it really is.

I think he will be a decent number 2, not great not good. Decent. I like him, I really do and he is a great guy in the locker room. But I don't think he will be worth the money he will demand.
    At the same time, he may find his value isn't that high, and we are able to sign him after he's able to test the market. Does he go UFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    At the same time, he may find his value isn't that high, and we are able to sign him after he's able to test the market. Does he go UFA?
    Yeah but this way we have the insurance in case he does leave.

I know what you are saying though Rav.
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Quote Originally Posted by JoRo View Post

I was going to say this. Foxworth believes he can start in the NFL and he's probably right. He'll get much more money next year as a FA for somebody and get the chance to be a #1 CB. He's earned it.

As for Paymah, I don't see where he could expect the same. He's been buried on the depth chart for 4 years and now he's only up to #3 at best. I'd say he re-signs and is glad to have a job.

If he goes elsewhere he might get a look, but he might end up like Ashlie Lelie who thought HE was a #1 too! Remember Lelie? He had the #2 job with Denver nailed down and had 46 catches, went to the AFC title game and started 16 games, but he was too stupid, insisted he could do better.

Well he left town for Atlanta. He caught 28 balls, and started 10 games. After the season, they cut him. He signed with the 49ers where he was buried at #3 on the depth chart of a 5-11 team. He had 10 catches last year, and the 49ers are still looking for a WR. When they find one, he'll be out of a job and probably out of the NFL. You only have so many chances in this league.

Paymah would do better to just be glad he has a job somewhere.
    http://www.fbpages.me/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/159174168050152087_zRr4orMC_c.jpg