Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    I i remember correctly, last years draft it was pretty much the consensus that JeMarcus Russel had the strongest arm coming out of the draft since John Elway. That is what the draftniks were hearing from GM's around the league. Although I cannot give you the exact quote. But you have to go Elway, Farve, Marino, Cunningham, and Jeff George. Recently JeMarcus, Cutler, Palmer, Vick, Manning.

Reply to OP:

How can you even consider Tom Brady a top five ALL TIME strong armed QB? He's not even in the top 5 now! He's not even in the top 10 now!

Good god that guy NEVER hits his receivers in stride more than 15 yards down the field, to say that he has a strong arm is to prove that you know nothing about quarterbacks.

Im not going back and bringing up who had the strongest arm of the past....That list is huge and we can debate it for hours on end Imo..I will look at the Current nfl players though..32 teams...

Arm Strength means nothing without some accuracy...

I think the four that lead that list are...

Carson Palmer.
    Payton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Jay Cutler.

Quote Originally Posted by CobyElway7 View Post
    I've have tried to google and find out what people feel on which QBs had the strongest arms in the NFL! So I figured I would ask my new found friends here in Broncos Country. I will list my top five and then I would love to see you guys mix it up and list yours.
    1. Elway- we all remember the stories of the cross WRs would get on there chest from the tip of the ball. Plus he threw it over 70yrds from his knees.
    2. Brett Farve- The modern day gun slinger not sure how far he could throw but I do know he could throw it very hard.
    3. Jeff George- even though he wasn't a great QB we all new he could huck the ball.
    4. Tom Brady- probably reaching here but another guy that doesn't throw far but throws it very hard.
    5. Terry Bradshaw- whenever I googled strongest arm I kept getting a story that he threw the ball 100yrds in the air. He was before my time as a football fan so Im not sure but I'll throw him out there.

Honorable mention- Dan Marino, Randall Cunningham, Jemarcus Russell, Peyton Manning.
    Jay Cutler-ok I forgot but now he is on.
    I could be way off on this but lets see what you got.
    1. Elway- the "Elway Cross", 47 career 4th Qrt. comebacks, nuff said!

2. Favre- clutch gunslinger

3. Cutler- best arm in the league right now,very accurate (65 yard bomb against AZ)!

4. Warner- in his prime he had a gun, very accurate!

5. Cunningham- Strong arm, very underrated.

PS. Russell- couldn't hit a bull on the @ss with a tennis racket!
    Last edited by Buckin' Bronco; 05-07-2008 at 07:19 AM.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481226

BRONCOS!

HOKIES

GO STL CARDINALS!!!
    11 TIME CHAMPS!!!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3: 16 (KJV)

Classic Line....

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post

PS. Russell- couldn't hit a bull on the @ss with a tennis racket!
    Never heard that one before, it cracked me up. Disturbingly funny visual......

Andre Ware split a WRs hand in half

Current NFL players,

1. Russell
    2. Cutler
    3. Palmer
    4. Manning

All Time

1. Elway
    2. Farve
    3. Moon
    4. George

Rag Arms

1. Pennington
    2. Brees
    3. Vince Young (mechanics are just awful, lots of bad throws)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Geandily View Post
    Good god that guy NEVER hits his receivers in stride more than 15 yards down the field, to say that he has a strong arm is to prove that you know nothing about quarterbacks.
    This is just silly, Brady has hit a lot of receivers down field right on the mark. I'm not saying he has a top gun, but his deep ball is about as good as anyone playing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by humpbobby View Post
    Im not going back and bringing up who had the strongest arm of the past....That list is huge and we can debate it for hours on end Imo..I will look at the Current nfl players though..32 teams...

Arm Strength means nothing without some accuracy...

I think the four that lead that list are...

Carson Palmer.
    Payton Manning
    Tom Brady
    Jay Cutler.
    replace Brady with McNabb

Quote Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
    Never heard that one before, it cracked me up. Disturbingly funny visual......
    Glad you thought it was funny. Here's a CP!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481226

BRONCOS!

HOKIES

GO STL CARDINALS!!!
    11 TIME CHAMPS!!!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3: 16 (KJV)

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin' Bronco View Post
    Glad you thought it was funny. Here's a CP!

Buckin' Bronco....hmmm, that name sounds familiar

Quote Originally Posted by CobyElway7 View Post
    I've have tried to google and find out what people feel on which QBs had the strongest arms in the NFL! So I figured I would ask my new found friends here in Broncos Country. I will list my top five and then I would love to see you guys mix it up and list yours.
    1. Elway- we all remember the stories of the cross WRs would get on there chest from the tip of the ball. Plus he threw it over 70yrds from his knees.
    2. Brett Farve- The modern day gun slinger not sure how far he could throw but I do know he could throw it very hard.
    3. Jeff George- even though he wasn't a great QB we all new he could huck the ball.
    4. Tom Brady- probably reaching here but another guy that doesn't throw far but throws it very hard.
    5. Terry Bradshaw- whenever I googled strongest arm I kept getting a story that he threw the ball 100yrds in the air. He was before my time as a football fan so Im not sure but I'll throw him out there.

Honorable mention- Dan Marino, Randall Cunningham, Jemarcus Russell, Peyton Manning.
    Jay Cutler-ok I forgot but now he is on.
    I could be way off on this but lets see what you got.
    No way in hell Brady is on there and Marino wasnt exactly known for his strong arm

Sig by Blondie79

Quote Originally Posted by blue diamond View Post
    Current NFL players,

1. Russell
    2. Cutler
    3. Palmer
    4. Manning

All Time

1. Elway
    2. Farve
    3. Moon
    4. George

Rag Arms

1. Pennington
    2. Brees
    3. Vince Young (mechanics are just awful, lots of bad throws)
    I would agree w/ this.

Warren Moon had an absolute cannon when he was in his prime.

Hard to judge many of the times but I was pretty impressed with the way Jacksonville's backup QB threw the ball. He had some serious zip but his accuracy wasn't all that. Anyone know his name?

Quote Originally Posted by bucking bronco View Post
    Buckin' Bronco....hmmm, that name sounds familiar
    Yeah, it's a cool one too huh.

BRONCOS!

HOKIES

GO STL CARDINALS!!!
    11 TIME CHAMPS!!!

The Strongest Arm Award has to go to John Brzenk the Michael Jordan of armwrestling

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSGRemX9i3U[/url] [B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Orangemane[/COLOR][/B] is Bout it Bout it
    [IMG]http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3505/trainingcamphustlesy4.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4679/refugeeag8.png[/IMG]