Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by elevation INC View Post
    but at least we finally are on the right track, we may not like how we go here, but regardless of getting a franchise back we needed some serious o-line help. we went that route and whil he is a rookie and he may end up bad the fact is we finally realized that for our run game to at least start heading in the right direction we had to fix our o-line like i said harris hand problem and pears is a FA next year getting the tackles e did will prove to be a good move in the end. we have to start somewhere and we picked the o-line.

For the cynics out there we are finally trying to remedy the problems that have plagued us. while most of us are being homers about the playoffs, you cant deny we have no idea about these prospects clady could be the next joe thomas or george foster, but i see nothing wrong with having optimism as a fan because for the first time, i am not worried about us just rolling with the punches. in fact next year we actually will show up to games to play!
    But kazuki is one of those guys that just sees everything as negative. Nothing is positive, everything is negative..... and Clady was "was a reach" to draft for us.

Funny about those years with Portis... we WON when he wasn't in the lineup, yet lost when the starting QB was out and he was in. So was Portis REALLY the key to this offense? No.

Some fans just want to gripe and moan about everything. They aren't happy about anything... and don't get what it takes to have the kind of success that they are dreaming of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco_Beerslug View Post
    Are you kidding? Let's see, who of us haven't had nine kids with nine different mothers and had to be taken to court because we claimed we were broke and couldn't take care of them (after it was disclosed we had just spent hundreds of thousands on cars and shiny objects).

As long as this POS is still on this team you won't find me cheering very loud or hard for them.
    Same mentality as I saw from you on the Mane.

You're either a fan or you aren't. Make up your mind.

-----

Talking Upon what do you propose to sleep?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    haha, oh yeah, I forgot about that part.

In all seriousness, I'd rather be known for having 9 illegitimate children than having it be known publicly that I peed myself in the back of a cop car.

Well... I'd have to sleep on it at least.
    The nine illegitimate children or the urine?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

How can anyone say Clady was a reach at 12?
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    I don't know, but thats kazuki's favorite quote. He thinks that we should have taken Albert because Clady was a reach. Obviously he thinks we should have taken a RB, but if we were choosing between 'tackles', it should have been Albert. Although, Albert has only played 2 games at Tackle, he's certain Albert would have been better.

i was allfor grabbing a rb in the 1st or 2nd round but now that ive seen tape on torain and heard about what a great kid he is ,im fairly confident shanny's found another diamond in the rough!henry will serve his purpose until ryan is ready to "bust out"
    i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

No matter whom the Broncos would have selected, he would have been a reach to some people. *shrugs*

-----

What a time to start bashing Henry over his past, I feel like there is a school of goldfish out there and they only remember what happened 5 minutes ago.

If you read the article, you would learn that Shanny does take chances on some of the "fallen out" players there. If you have watched the team for more than a week you would know this. Past observations show it appears he does reach to these guys and keeps the ship from totally sinking. Last year might have been a little too much, so there was a change in the draft, start managing the game and not the players so much.

Anyhow, does anybody remember how long Henry waited in Shanny's driveway when this was about to blow up? To personaly assure/face the man who backed him. Demonstraits to me he wants to get over his past and play in the best game ever on a team that traditionaly could plug anybody into the running system for a 1K season.

Unfortunatly the short yards and strong running (with 8 in the box at least) he worked for over the years before injury and the game winning performance against the Cowboys is in the past and forgotten, throw him on the side and replace him with something different.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    No matter whom the Broncos would have selected, he would have been a reach to some people. *shrugs*

-----
    I dunno, Top...

That statement's a bit over the top.

Seems like a reach to me.

Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I don't know, but thats kazuki's favorite quote. He thinks that we should have taken Albert because Clady was a reach. Obviously he thinks we should have taken a RB.
    Oh say no more. That sentence alone told me all I need to know.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

I guess I just don't see Henry to be a bad guy. I don't think Shanahan sees him to be a bad guy either. That being said, I'm willing to give him a chance. I honestly don't think giving a guy a SECOND year is asking too much to give a guy a chance. He's been here ONE year, and some want to just toss him out already? Why?

I don't know. I think I'm looking forward to seeing the results of him being on the roster with Cutler having now had his first full year as our QB, a healthy WR corp again, and some healthy OL back in the line-up.

Oh say no more. That sentence alone told me all I need to know.
    Heh. Well, I personally don't have a problem with anyone (kazuki) feeling as though we should have taken another position, or another player, instead of the one we did pick. The only thing I get 'feisty' about is the word ... reach. It's completely wrong to say, when we got the highest rated OT after the #1 overall pick, it was a "reach." Thats a contradiction to the term.

Ironically, taking Albert (the one he would have liked us to take over Clady) ahead of Clady... WOULD have been a 'reach.'

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Heh. Well, I personally don't have a problem with anyone (kazuki) feeling as though we should have taken another position, or another player, instead of the one we did pick. The only thing I get 'feisty' about is the word ... reach. It's completely wrong to say, when we got the highest rated OT after the #1 overall pick, it was a "reach." Thats a contradiction to the term.

Ironically, taking Albert (the one he would have liked us to take over Clady) ahead of Clady... WOULD have been a 'reach.'
    Yup.

Clady was definitely not a reach, he is the best pure LT in the draft, he has the best feet and the longest arms of any OT, he is the best puller of any OT. These are invaluable things for a Broncos LT, he will be a monster on the stretch play, just wait and see when Selvin Young bounces one to the left, Clady will get his hands on a linebacker or safety and he will take him down.

A reach is so hard to define, Was it a reach for the Patriots to draft Jerod Mayo with the 10th pick? I don't think any other team in the top 15 would have taken him, but the Patriots thought someone might, so they took him. We will never know if he would have been drafted by another team.

Clady was my favourite pick if we couldn't get Ellis, he is a true body guard and he fits the system so perfectly. He has excellent size and if he adds a little more power he will be dominant for years and years.

Quote Originally Posted by speardog View Post
    I kind of disagree with that. I think Henry should have a chance to redeem himself besides I always try to look at people who are good guys and make bad decisions in a different light than guys that are just *******s. I think Henry is a good guy he just has a lot of issues and is immature. I think he'll stay clean this year and give 110%, and he should have a chance. Besides what has Dominic Rhodes ever done? One year in Indi, that's it. Just by Shaun Alexander being in Denver would be a bigger distraction than Henry. Alexander is 31 has a lot of miles on his wheels and is done being an elite runner in the NFL.

Give Henry a shot with Young, Torrian, Hall backing him up. I think that is a pretty good backfield.
    Unfortuntately 99% of us don't know Travis Henry and his actions speak louder then his words.
    You don't have to be boy scout to play in the NFL or on the broncos cause no one's perfect but 9 kids from 9 different women,come on these are not two or three lives that are affected but 9 lives. Very irresponsible and the drugs showed how imature he was so it takes longer for the fan base to accept that he has changed.

I think if would have not gotten hurt and played a full season with good numbers we would not bet alking about Henry in this light.

Denver is trying to get away with the bad character guys and he might be one of them.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

Henry will get injured and lay out half the season anyway. He should know by now that he's really not wanted in Denver. He's a loser in life.
    The NFL being played overseas is a terrible idea.