Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    I believe its possible for fans to know players on a personal level. And I like Lynch's presence and leadership on the field as our FS, but in the game of football the best player wins the starting position. So it remains to be seen whether McCree takes Lynch's starting role, but it's going to take alot to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Where the h*** did this come from????

Not sure! Seems that there was more "Que" than Wit on that one.
    Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith
    http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/G/...riffithand.jpg

http://www.dewmocracy.com/assets/poster_SuperNova.jpg

Attack me all you guys want, sorry for being realistic. The homerism on this board is astounding.

"he'll bust his butt to come back!" Every NFL player "busts their butt"... Lynch is what, 37? He was great 10 years ago.

Blame the coaching staff for players not lining up correctly, not because Lynch wasn't on the field. Even when he was on the field we couldn't stop the run or the pass.

But hey i'm just being negative right? BRONCOS 16-0!!! BEST TEAM EVER!!! <--- thats more like it!!! Be a team player!

We haven't made the playoffs in two years. You'd think we were the team to beat in the AFC West reading these threads.
    [IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6769/burnedlr1.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by TD Machine View Post
    Attack me all you guys want, sorry for being realistic. The homerism on this board is astounding.

"he'll bust his butt to come back!" Every NFL player "busts their butt"... Lynch is what, 37? He was great 10 years ago.

Blame the coaching staff for players not lining up correctly, not because Lynch wasn't on the field. Even when he was on the field we couldn't stop the run or the pass.

But hey i'm just being negative right? BRONCOS 16-0!!! BEST TEAM EVER!!! <--- thats more like it!!! Be a team player!

We haven't made the playoffs in two years. You'd think we were the team to beat in the AFC West reading these threads.
    We ARE the team to beat in the AFC west

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    We ARE the team to beat in the AFC west
    HELL YEAH BROTHER!!!

I'm excited for this season. We have some really good young talent, hopefully we stay healthy and FINALLY BEAT THE CHARGERS!!!!!!!
    [IMG]http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/6769/burnedlr1.png[/IMG]

Question Thanks. That clears up ...

Quote Originally Posted by SimonSteele View Post
    Coyer explained it as, "Oh, our Free Safety is reversed from everyone else's and is actually our Strong Safety." Fact is Lynch is our free safety but our free safety plays how the other teams play their strong safeties, while our strong safety takes on the role of the free safety.
    ... some of the terminology confusion I was experiencing. Each D has names for different positions; i.e. : whip, stud, fox, comet, lash, rip, evil, wolf, slayer, etc. If your D has two safeties they must be differentiated for lineup, call, coverage, special purposes.

I had always heard Lynch referred to as a Free Safety, but knew he played in the box. Most teams put their Strong Safety in the box. So now you tell me that for the Broncos, the Free Safety is actually the Strong Safety and it's OK for Lynch, a Free Safety, to be in the box because he's actually a Strong Safety and that's the Safety who SHOULD be in the box because he's Strong not Free? That clears up everything.

So, what is the title of this thread? McCree is going to SS which is actually FS? Does that mean Lynch and McCree both start? Does that mean that Woodyard might have a shot at FS which is actually SS which is his other position besides WLB? Does that also mean that Barrett has a shot at SS which is actually FS?

I can see why Shanahan wants Lynch, Nalen, Ekuban, etc. around this season. It's a team in transition. Lots of young players who need some veteran leadership.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    ... some of the terminology confusion I was experiencing. Each D has names for different positions; i.e. : whip, stud, fox, comet, lash, rip, evil, wolf, slayer, etc. If your D has two safeties they must be differentiated for lineup, call, coverage, special purposes.

I had always heard Lynch referred to as a Free Safety, but knew he played in the box. Most teams put their Strong Safety in the box. So now you tell me that for the Broncos, the Free Safety is actually the Strong Safety and it's OK for Lynch, a Free Safety, to be in the box because he's actually a Strong Safety and that's the Safety who SHOULD be in the box because he's Strong not Free? That clears up everything.

So, what is the title of this thread? McCree is going to SS which is actually FS? Does that mean Lynch and McCree both start? Does that mean that Woodyard might have a shot at FS which is actually SS which is his other position besides WLB? Does that also mean that Barrett has a shot at SS which is actually FS?

I can see why Shanahan wants Lynch, Nalen, Ekuban, etc. around this season. It's a team in transition. Lots of young players who need some veteran leadership.
    Well....that's clear as mud!
    Haze gray and underway!

Hey it sounds overly complicated to me too. Lynch is really our strong safety but he plays behind Bly, not Bailey. Anyway I am confused too--if Mcree and Lynch were the safeties out there then great but if it's one or the other I'm gonna be a little confused.

I am in no way a fan of McCree but did you all know his 40 yd time at the combine years ago was 4.62......I suspect his speed is even slower now. If Lynch and McCree start at the Safety positions, the Broncos will not only have great experience on the field but possibly the two slowest starting safeties in the league.

And a great bunch of guys we have, too. Who is on first, Watt's on second, IDon'tknow's on third.....
    You Tell 'em Justice is coming. You tell 'em I'M coming!

Lynch is WAY past his prime Lynch a great guy but I can't see why he's still on the team watch the game how many times did he blitz last year and how many sacks ZERO.

plus he's a nonfactor in the passing game time to move on.
    GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by broncosforlife View Post
    Lynch is WAY past his prime Lynch a great guy but I can't see why he's still on the team watch the game how many times did he blitz last year and how many sacks ZERO.

plus he's a nonfactor in the passing game time to move on.
    Probably because that guy who is WAY past his prime went to the Pro Bowl AGAIN last season . . .

-----

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Probably because that guy who is WAY past his prime went to the Pro Bowl AGAIN last season . . .

-----
    To be fair Probowl's are just mainly popularity contests.......

But I love Lynch met his wife and got an autographed picture. But that was a good 5-6 years ago.

I hope Lynch plays well this year his leadership alone should help the team
    Last edited by ChrisSimpy; 05-12-2008 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSimpy View Post
    To be fair Probowl's are just mainly popularity contests.......

:

this is so true, thats why dumervil and marshall werent even considered alternates last year.

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    -----
    There is no doubt he's past his prime and an injury waiting to happen now. Pro Bowls don't mean too much these days either.

He's only on the roster this year because he agreed to play for a fraction of his contract.
    [quote=Tredici][COLOR=Blue]This is where I tell you your coach hasn't done **** without a frickin' bagboy so get bent.[/COLOR][/quote]

[B][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pGht71KFkY"][COLOR="Blue"]Thunderclap Newman Something In The Air[/COLOR][/URL][/B]