Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
    If he was so good then his best season in college wouldn't have been a mere 33 catches for 496 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Possibly the best wide out taken in the draft? Based on what?

Potentially he could be the best, tell me. Have you EVER looked at VT's qb situation? Probably not. Stats don't say anything.

Let's look at receivers who are PHYSICALLY ready, who display his type of attitude towards the game.

I have watched him in college. He has the physical tools and AND the mental drive to get there.

Plus he will be working with Jay Cutler. An upgrade to be sure.
    [SIZE="5"][CENTER][FONT="Times New Roman"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]Go Broncos![/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    And there's a big difference in blocking in college as opposed to the NFL, too.

And if your young guys didn't contribute last year, I don't see them helping
    much in the future. Ours did . . . all of ours, except Moss because of his
    injury. They didn't play like three-year veterans, of course, but they did
    contribute.

We'll just have to see how your young guys pan out. But even if four or five
    of them do develop, that will fix only that many of the 22 holes you have on
    your team.

-----
    22 holes on our team? Your a funny one. I thought you were more intelligent than that, actually willing to have an intelligent conversation. Guess I was wrong.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by thehorsesmouth View Post
    Potentially he could be the best, tell me. Have you EVER looked at VT's qb situation? Probably not. Stats don't say anything.

Let's look at receivers who are PHYSICALLY ready, who display his type of attitude towards the game.

I have watched him in college. He has the physical tools and AND the mental drive to get there.

Potentially anybody could be the best. But I wouldn't count on it. Sorry guys, I just don't see it.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman618 View Post
    Do you think Eddie Royal will turn into a future #2?
    No. Shanahan doesn't like undersized receivers.
    [quote=Tredici][COLOR=Blue]This is where I tell you your coach hasn't done **** without a frickin' bagboy so get bent.[/COLOR][/quote]

[B][URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pGht71KFkY"][COLOR="Blue"]Thunderclap Newman Something In The Air[/COLOR][/URL][/B]

It's too early to say, I know he's pretty much a shoe in for returning duties. I think he could certainly be an elite slot receiver for years! As for being number 2, well he has the speed and the hands, only time will tell.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481226

BRONCOS!

HOKIES

GO STL CARDINALS!!!
    11 TIME CHAMPS!!!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3: 16 (KJV)

Damn I hate to see this but the Chief fans are definatly winning this exchange. Come on I hate the Chiefs as much as any Bronco fan....But Bowe is one hell of a player. The kid single handedly beat the Chargers, something that our team hasnt done for 2 years. That aside..... If you want to see what Eddie Royal can do as a reciever, you cant look at his VaTech games. That is just not an offense that is conducive to offensive success. You need to just watch him in his senior bowl practices. Those were agianst the top corners, and he was always getting behind them. No one could cover this kid. So what does that mean? Well for this year... Not a whole lot. But it shows that the potential is there. The draft is such a crap shoot. So many "cant miss" guys suck, and so many "this guy will never produce at the next level" guys become super stars. Hell, Marshall was thought by experts to be to big as a reciever and more of an H-back/ TE type player. Experts arent always right. Royal has speed, strength, and a nice set of hands you put those traits together and you have the makings for a solid reciever

Thumbs down Learn to read...

I guess they don't read in KC. One year doesn't make a career. Bowe had a good rookie year, but with no other significant WRs on the roster he will get more attention and won't have the freedom he had last year. As far as your O-Line, a 6th Round pick and a player who has very little experience at tackle are not the salvation of your O-Line. You had one of the better lines for years, but getting back to that wiil take years. Potential is not a guarantee. QB, O-Line and WR are still major weaknesses on the Chefs. Drafts are only the first step and since the team has so many holes, don't expect an instant rebound to the playoffs. Johnson, Gonzales, and Bowe can't carry the team for the whole year. Remember your boasts last preseason? Johnson needs holes just like any other back. Your QB situation is weak and you have little depth at WR. Why do you come here and degrade the Broncos, when they had a better record and swept your team. Not real bright, as you are an easy target.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
    Not really. If his offensive line wasn't just about the worst in the NFL I seriously doubt his year would have turned out the way it did. And his injury was a freak injury that in no way can be attributed to his heavy workload the year before.
    That's hilarious.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thehorsesmouth View Post

Good point. Viriginia Tech had a quarterback by committe situation, where they split time. One quarterback was a decent thrower, and the other guy almost always left the pocket looking to run with the ball.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by Silent-Assassin View Post
    He could look at Brandon Marshall

Lets not get to ahead of our selfs now, the guy has yet to catch one ball during an NFL game, he could be another Lelie for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Lets not get to ahead of our selfs now, the guy has yet to catch one ball during an NFL game, he could be another Lelie for all we know.
    Lelie who???

Royal will be a slot reciever. His size, speed and playmaking ability is perfectly suited to create the matchup problems in the slot when he has a big guy cleaning out space for him and attracting defenders.

Hopefully he can learn from Stokley how to read the zone and help the quarterback out by getting open on busted plays, he has the speed and quickness to be really dangerous on deep routes and he is willing to go over the middle unlike Desean Jackson.

There is no doubt they will try to find a more polished WR to stick on the other side of Marshall and then hope that Royal can grow into the role of slot when Stokley leaves, that would set us up very very nicely.

I seriously believe that we wouldn't have gotten Royal if he was just to be a kickoff returner. Shanny sees enough in this kid to be a talented WR as well as kickoff and that's why he was drafted over DeSean. If he is more gifted at slot, then that's where he will play more than likely and that spot is very important. I see him playing PR/KR this year and backup of Stokley. He'll probably get a few reps and if Stokley goes down, then he'll step up.

We'll have to wait and see where his talents take him for the future. He could be the next Steve Smith or Wes Welker. Or the next Lelie. Who really knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado69 View Post
    I guess they don't read in KC. One year doesn't make a career. Bowe had a good rookie year, but with no other significant WRs on the roster he will get more attention and won't have the freedom he had last year. As far as your O-Line, a 6th Round pick and a player who has very little experience at tackle are not the salvation of your O-Line. You had one of the better lines for years, but getting back to that wiil take years. Potential is not a guarantee. QB, O-Line and WR are still major weaknesses on the Chefs. Drafts are only the first step and since the team has so many holes, don't expect an instant rebound to the playoffs. Johnson, Gonzales, and Bowe can't carry the team for the whole year. Remember your boasts last preseason? Johnson needs holes just like any other back. Your QB situation is weak and you have little depth at WR. Why do you come here and degrade the Broncos, when they had a better record and swept your team. Not real bright, as you are an easy target.
    Well I guess one year doesn't make a career for Brandon Marshall either. He could potentially be a one year wonder.

No other significant wide receivers on our roster? I would say ours really aren't much worse off than Denver's. The only difference after our #1's is Stokley who for now is better than anybody we have besides Bowe. But after that Denver's receivers are just as ****ty as ours. Samie Parker is a joke, Darrell Jackson got cut from San Fransisco for a reason, Keary Colbert hasn't done crap since his rookie season, and Eddie Royal is a rookie. The Chiefs drafted our own wide receiver as well in case you forgot. Will Franklin is bigger, faster, and put up better numbers than Royal did. Now I realize he was in a pass happy offense but he was at least the 4th option in the offense behind the two amazing tight ends and all american freshman Jeremy Maclin. You say KC has little depth at WR? Well so does Denver. Having alot of crap at WR does not count for depth.

With no other significant WR's on the roster Bowe won't have it as easy this year? And who did we have last year that took pressure off of him? That's right, nobody. Eddie Kennison was injured most of the year. When he came back he was well below average. So you had either Samie Parker, Jeff Webb, or Eddie Kennison lining up opposite of Bowe. Yet he still managed to have an amazing rookie season and burn every team in the AFC West.

Why do I come here and degrade the Broncos? I'm not degrading them. I'm calling it as I see it. This has nothing to do with the Chiefs, I'm not the one who brought them up. You swept us last year? Big freaking deal. The Chargers raped you guys last year yet I still see you guys talking smack on them.

I don't think Eddie Royal will ever be a good starting wide receiver so like I said I call it like I see it. I have not attempted to degrade or talk smack on the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kmartin575
    I don't think Eddie Royal will ever be a good starting wide receiver so like I said I call it like I see it. I have not attempted to degrade or talk smack on the Broncos.
    Oh man this keeps getting better and better.

This guy spent last offseason thumping his chest at how good the chiefs were going to be. He told us how there was no way Larry Johnson would get hurt and that we didn't have a prayer winning in Arrowhead last year. He spent most of his time on the Mane telling everyone how the Broncos sucked. Then the season happened and he disappeared. Now they have a draft that everyone loves and he's back in here telling everyone what's what. Liquid courage maybe? Chief fans usually get their hopes up right about now.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!