Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    Oh man this keeps getting better and better.

This guy spent last offseason thumping his chest at how good the chiefs were going to be. He told us how there was no way Larry Johnson would get hurt and that we didn't have a prayer winning in Arrowhead last year. He spent most of his time on the Mane telling everyone how the Broncos sucked. Then the season happened and he disappeared. Now they have a draft that everyone loves and he's back in here telling everyone what's what. Liquid courage maybe? Chief fans usually get their hopes up right about now.
    well i guess its the only time they can get their hopes up i mean picking so high year after year has to put a smile on somebodies face . . . . . after all once the season comes along there certainly is nothing to be happy about
    -------

Eddie Royal has a great chance to get the #2 spot right now or in the not to distant future. It's up for grabs, no WR on our team currently has proved they deserved it. Heck, the #1 spot might even be open if Marshall isn't healthy by the regular sesaon or doesn't recover from his injury. But as for now, he's most likely going to be our 4th/5th WR on the depth chart. He'll most definetly be our KR/PR, but we are loaded at WR talent right now. Sure, they may not be big names or guys who have proven themselves.

As for the naysayers about Royal's ability, he may not be the fastest. But running a 4.39 is not slow either. He may not look strong, but he's stiff arm is deadly and benching 225lbs 24 times is not weak. He runs great routes, has good hands, great a returning kicks, that's pretty complete for a WR. What he lacks in size and height, he makes up for in his elusiveness and quickness. His vertical was a 39, that's some great hop for a guy his height. While his receiving stats weren't all that great, he made plays when his team needed him. Weither it be on PR/KR/WR, he gave 100% on every play.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
    Well I guess one year doesn't make a career for Brandon Marshall either. He could potentially be a one year wonder.

No other significant wide receivers on our roster? I would say ours really aren't much worse off than Denver's. The only difference after our #1's is Stokley who for now is better than anybody we have besides Bowe. But after that Denver's receivers are just as ****ty as ours. Samie Parker is a joke, Darrell Jackson got cut from San Fransisco for a reason, Keary Colbert hasn't done crap since his rookie season, and Eddie Royal is a rookie. The Chiefs drafted our own wide receiver as well in case you forgot. Will Franklin is bigger, faster, and put up better numbers than Royal did. Now I realize he was in a pass happy offense but he was at least the 4th option in the offense behind the two amazing tight ends and all american freshman Jeremy Maclin. You say KC has little depth at WR? Well so does Denver. Having alot of crap at WR does not count for depth.

With no other significant WR's on the roster Bowe won't have it as easy this year? And who did we have last year that took pressure off of him? That's right, nobody. Eddie Kennison was injured most of the year. When he came back he was well below average. So you had either Samie Parker, Jeff Webb, or Eddie Kennison lining up opposite of Bowe. Yet he still managed to have an amazing rookie season and burn every team in the AFC West.

Why do I come here and degrade the Broncos? I'm not degrading them. I'm calling it as I see it. This has nothing to do with the Chiefs, I'm not the one who brought them up. You swept us last year? Big freaking deal. The Chargers raped you guys last year yet I still see you guys talking smack on them.

I don't think Eddie Royal will ever be a good starting wide receiver so like I said I call it like I see it. I have not attempted to degrade or talk smack on the Broncos.
    Sorry, but I've got to respond to this...first off, I saw you'd posted a couple times. What in the heck are you doing up at 3am and again at around 10am responding to ANOTHER team's thread? I find that a bit odd...even with insomnia, couldn't you be focusing on you own team's rather than coming over to ours?

Second...that last paragraph is completely pointless. You state that you haven't attempted to talk smack or degrade the Broncos, so let me ask you this. If you actually had a positive thing to randomly say about the Broncos, would you even be posting? I'll assume not...which is the main reason why people are responding to your comments as they are. You aren't "calling it like you see it." You're coming on here and "calling it like I see it if I can find any little thing negative at all to comment on." In essence, still talking smack...so don't try and hide behind that please. You can talk smack if you want, I don't really care, but hiding behind that phrase is just stupid. Unless you actually come on here regularly and post unbiased remarks, not just ones you can select negative issues on, then you're still doing basically the same thing as talking smack. Sorry if you actually do and I'm only basing my judgement on this thread, but that's what it appears on this one.

PS...while he had impressive numbers for a rookie, I wouldn't necessarily say Bowe was "burning" the entire AFC West...while he looks like he'll develop into a fine receiver, its not like he'll have much use for that talent with their current QB situation anyways

This guy spent last offseason thumping his chest at how good the chiefs were going to be. He told us how there was no way Larry Johnson would get hurt and that we didn't have a prayer winning in Arrowhead last year. He spent most of his time on the Mane telling everyone how the Broncos sucked. Then the season happened and he disappeared. Now they have a draft that everyone loves and he's back in here telling everyone what's what. Liquid courage maybe? Chief fans usually get their hopes up right about now.

hahaha I remember this quite well from last year as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman618 View Post
    Just outta the blue here, but do you think Eddie Royal will turn into a future Number 2 receiver instead of staying at the slot?
    I think he will end up taking Stokley's spot as slot or our #3 reciever

Well I guess one year doesn't make a career for Brandon Marshall either. He could potentially be a one year wonder.

No other significant wide receivers on our roster? I would say ours really aren't much worse off than Denver's. The only difference after our #1's is Stokley who for now is better than anybody we have besides Bowe. But after that Denver's receivers are just as ****ty as ours. Samie Parker is a joke, Darrell Jackson got cut from San Fransisco for a reason, Keary Colbert hasn't done crap since his rookie season, and Eddie Royal is a rookie. The Chiefs drafted our own wide receiver as well in case you forgot. Will Franklin is bigger, faster, and put up better numbers than Royal did. Now I realize he was in a pass happy offense but he was at least the 4th option in the offense behind the two amazing tight ends and all american freshman Jeremy Maclin. You say KC has little depth at WR? Well so does Denver. Having alot of crap at WR does not count for depth.

With no other significant WR's on the roster Bowe won't have it as easy this year? And who did we have last year that took pressure off of him? That's right, nobody. Eddie Kennison was injured most of the year. When he came back he was well below average. So you had either Samie Parker, Jeff Webb, or Eddie Kennison lining up opposite of Bowe. Yet he still managed to have an amazing rookie season and burn every team in the AFC West.

Why do I come here and degrade the Broncos? I'm not degrading them. I'm calling it as I see it. This has nothing to do with the Chiefs, I'm not the one who brought them up. You swept us last year? Big freaking deal. The Chargers raped you guys last year yet I still see you guys talking smack on them.

I don't think Eddie Royal will ever be a good starting wide receiver so like I said I call it like I see it. I have not attempted to degrade or talk smack on the Broncos.
    Damn I hate to have to agree with a Chiefs fan...But you hit the nail pretty much on the head. Although you are wrong on the speed Royal is faster than Franklin. But good post. You make valid points about Royal and his possible future (I disagree, I think that he will be a solid slot reciever and maybe a good #2). But as of now we are both right cause it is all guess work at this point

Dude we did suck last year....

Smile Back to the original question...

Royal has very good speed and quickness. He supposedly has reliable hands. I think his size will probably restrict him to the slot position, but as a receiver I would love to run routes on safeties and nickel and dime CBs. Stokely should set a great example for Royal and since Royal has a high character label he should get a good shot. As we all know, except KC fans, any rookie is a risk and is nothing more than potential at this time. I can't say he will be an all-pro, but Mike Mayock stated that he thought Royal had the best shot of becoming an all-pro before any of the other early round WR picks. Just an opinion, but at least it makes sense and isn't negative. I could go to the Chef's post and start reminding them that they don't have a reliable QB or O-Line. Nah, that would be too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    Damn I hate to have to agree with a Chiefs fan...But you hit the nail pretty much on the head. Although you are wrong on the speed Royal is faster than Franklin. But good post. You make valid points about Royal and his possible future (I disagree, I think that he will be a solid slot reciever and maybe a good #2). But as of now we are both right cause it is all guess work at this point
    Eddie Royal ran a 4.39 at the combine, Will Franklin ran a 4.37. That would make Franklin faster. His 10 yard and 20 yard splits were also faster than Royal's times.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado69 View Post
    Royal has very good speed and quickness. He supposedly has reliable hands. I think his size will probably restrict him to the slot position, but as a receiver I would love to run routes on safeties and nickel and dime CBs. Stokely should set a great example for Royal and since Royal has a high character label he should get a good shot. As we all know, except KC fans, any rookie is a risk and is nothing more than potential at this time. I can't say he will be an all-pro, but Mike Mayock stated that he thought Royal had the best shot of becoming an all-pro before any of the other early round WR picks. Just an opinion, but at least it makes sense and isn't negative. I could go to the Chef's post and start reminding them that they don't have a reliable QB or O-Line. Nah, that would be too easy.
    Well we're not the ones claiming Albert will be an all-pro and the best offensive lineman in the draft.

Our line isn't reliable yet but I guarantee it will be worlds better this year than it was last year.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

I think he will. Look at Dwill, he was meant to be the returner but quickly turned into the starter opposite champ. So its definitly possible he'll be the number 2 this year.

Eddie Royal ran a 4.39 at the combine, Will Franklin ran a 4.37. That would make Franklin faster. His 10 yard and 20 yard splits were also faster than Royal's times.
    We really are getting picky ayyy??? On the very next day Royal could have ran a 4.37 and Franklin could have ran a 4.39, I'll take Royal any day over Franklin, for 1) I hate Mizzou, 2) Royal is a great return man and is very strong.

Shanahan identified him as the quickest WR in and out of routes, a perfect fit for the slot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Well we're not the ones claiming Albert will be an all-pro and the best offensive lineman in the draft.

Our line isn't reliable yet but I guarantee it will be worlds better this year than it was last year.

well thats because he isnt, so you are being smart, and your line is improved anybody that disagrees with that is talkin smack or doesnt know football

if you had any idea how miniscule 4.37 vs 4.39 is you wouldnt be using that in an arguement, franklin is a good reciver and i like him he should compliment bowe down the road but we drafted royal for other reeasons than just being a reciever we drafted him to return he has a confidence coming out of breaks during returns and after the catch that far outweighs frnaklin, he may have had less production but he is far more explosive with the ball than franklin. franklin also will not have the return skills royal has in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by elevation INC View Post
    if you had any idea how miniscule 4.37 vs 4.39 is you wouldnt be using that in an arguement, franklin is a good reciver and i like him he should compliment bowe down the road but we drafted royal for other reeasons than just being a reciever we drafted him to return he has a confidence coming out of breaks during returns and after the catch that far outweighs frnaklin, he may have had less production but he is far more explosive with the ball than franklin. franklin also will not have the return skills royal has in the NFL
    And that is why we drafted Kevin Robinson in the 6th round. Over his entire college career he had 8 returns for touchdowns.