Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Do you think Eddie Royal will turn into a future #2?

Just outta the blue here, but do you think Eddie Royal will turn into a future Number 2 receiver instead of staying at the slot?
    [FONT="Fixedsys"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkSlateBlue"]"I don't want people to look at me just as a return man because I'm a lot more than that and I plan to show that to people." - Eddie Royal[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT="Courier New"][FONT="Fixedsys"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]"I talked to coach Shanahan personally, and he was telling me we had some players around that weren't willing to work for success and now those players are gone and they're bringing in players who are willing to work. I'm one of them." - Boss Bailey[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT]

Maybe.

I sure hope so, even...

But it's definately early to tell.

I'd love to have two #1s.
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

He could look at Brandon Marshall
    Official Knowshon Rockwell Moreno Fan Club Member #10

Creator of the smiley

I think he has the potential to be our #2 WR.
    Who would have known a mid/late rounder like
    B. Marshall would be our #1 WR? I think at the
    least, E. Royal has the opportunity to become
    a great slot receiver. He posseses all the tools
    and has the opportunity to watch one of the best
    slot WR's in the league, B Stokley.

With Mike Heimerdinger gone, I'd say No......

I'm hoping he is so good at returning they won't want to risk him getting injured as an every down WR and therefore keep him in the slot. An excellent slot receiver is invaluable. Wes Welker is an excellent example of this as he lead the league in receptions last year.

unlike any media homers, who think his guy will top out at slot, i think he can be a number one.

I have watched almost every game he has played and man he can straight blow by people. He has great hands, runs routes well, and has great work ethic!! He is STRONG! and he is very very athletic.

I was SO happy w got him. Possibly best wide out taken in the draft, if he is able to build chemistry with cutler.
    [SIZE="5"][CENTER][FONT="Times New Roman"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]Go Broncos![/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by thehorsesmouth View Post
    unlike any media homers, who think his guy will top out at slot, i think he can be a number one.

I have watched almost every game he has played and man he can straight blow by people. He has great hands, runs routes well, and has great work ethic!! He is STRONG! and he is very very athletic.

I was SO happy w got him. Possibly best wide out taken in the draft, if he is able to build chemistry with cutler.
    If he was so good then his best season in college wouldn't have been a mere 33 catches for 496 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Possibly the best wide out taken in the draft? Based on what?
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Maybe.

I sure hope so, even...

But it's definately early to tell.

I'd love to have two #1s.
    I agree...it's to early to tell but I'm optimistic that at some point he will help contribute as a WR as well as a PR/KR .

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

**Team Signature Compliments of Stand Ablaze**

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
    If he was so good then his best season in college wouldn't have been a mere 33 catches for 496 yards and 4 touchdowns.

Possibly the best wide out taken in the draft? Based on what?
    That's probably a good question for Shanahan.

Perhaps you can use your direct line and ask him yourself . . .

-----

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    That's probably a good question for Shanahan.

Perhaps you can use your direct line and ask him yourself . . .

-----
    No, it's a pretty good question for anybody. Royal isn't the fastest receiver in the draft. He isn't the tallest. He isn't the strongest. And he sure as hell isn't the most productive. But hey, since Shanny took him in the 2nd he must be good.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

No, it's a pretty good question for anybody. Royal isn't the fastest receiver in the draft. He isn't the tallest. He isn't the strongest. And he sure as hell isn't the most productive. But hey, since Shanny took him in the 2nd he must be good.
    yeah, he had the most bench presses in the combine. I think that qualifies as the strongest considering he's also small.

Sig by Blondie79

Those 225 reps are impressive and another reason Royal ought to be pretty durable.

Actually Royal is the strongest WR in the draft... C'mon now, if your gonna come argue in the draft section at least know what your talking about.

1) You cant question Shanny here, everything he does is 100% correct and almost EVERY Bronco fan will use that as their only justification. "Shanny knows more than you, so he is right and your wrong." I think given 50 scouts, about 10 - 13 out of 32 true football fans could make a good enough draft that would pass for an NFL team. But hey, what do I know, I'm not Shanny (cuz he has NEVER screwed up a draft pick, especially at WR).

2) I dont think Royal will ever be a #2 WR because he is not Steve Smith so therefor his size will become a huge problem. He doesnt have "great" hands as someone mentioned earlier. Oh, and along with his great 33 catches, 437 yards, and 4 TDs he had a QB with a rating of like 122.0 throwing him the ball. There was another VT WR in the draft that outperformed him yet went later.

3) Royal might be a good slot WR or he might be just average. He might be a good returner, or he might just be average. I dont see a 2nd WR at all though.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

On the Bronco-site,the film clips of Royal @WR and comments by Shanahan about his style[good control in stop/go]...remind me of Viking wide-out/returner Bobby Wade...except Royal looks much faster and stronger. I could see him as an eventual #2.