Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I Bet you after this news Seattle is wishing they didn't let us get Niko!!!!

TATUPU ARREST CONFIRMED
    Posted by Mike Florio on May 13, 2008, 6:58 p.m.
    Its now official Seahawks linebacker Lofa Tatupu has been arrested for driving under the influence.

(Apparently, when he was at USC with Matt Leinart, no one told Lofa that alcoholic beverages were intended only to be given to allegedly underage girls.)

The arrest came on Saturday morning. Tatupu was pulled over for driving 50 miles per hour in a 35-mph zone.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...est-confirmed/

suckers.....
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Lofa will still play next year.

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post

Lofa will still play next year.
    Doesn't the league sometimes give suspensions for DUI's?

Even if its 4 games, they will miss having a solid guy like Niko that can step in and has been in that defense for years.

These guys get a slap on the wrist for a DUI, I bet he doesn't miss a single game.

What I dont understand is all the rich celebrity DUI's. I mean if your that rich can't you just hire a driver? I think its a power thing, they think they are above everyone else and can do whatever they want. And I guess its true, Paris Hilton did what 45 minutes in Jail after getting her 2nd or 3rd DUI? I have a friend who spent 30 days in jail for his second DUI.

Quote Originally Posted by svpearson View Post
    These guys get a slap on the wrist for a DUI, I bet he doesn't miss a single game.

What I dont understand is all the rich celebrity DUI's. I mean if your that rich can't you just hire a driver? I think its a power thing, they think they are above everyone else and can do whatever they want. And I guess its true, Paris Hilton did what 45 minutes in Jail after getting her 2nd or 3rd DUI? I have a friend who spent 30 days in jail for his second DUI.
    I think its like any other DUI. They dont' think they are impared enough not to drive. It has nothing to with thinking they are above the law or above everyone. Its simply doing the same thing the "not rich and not poor" do. Don't forget these guys lived a life before being rich. They grew up not being rich. They want to drive to a club and go home.

I'm not justifying, but how can we say "joe blow" does this and we don't expect the rich to do the same thing? We actually believe that money give you intelligence in weak moments? We actually think that the alcohol that the rich drink somehow lets them KEEP their logical thought?

If its just his first, he'll be on probation.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 05-13-2008 at 05:51 PM.

i'd say as long as he wasnt speeding to get away from a homicide or robbery he's probably safe to play in todays nfl!
    i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

Goodell has a soft spot for the Elite players.

He is happy to burn players like Chris Henry and Pac Man for their much deserved antics, but when it comes to proper punishment for teams that cheat, but win games like the Patriots and star players a slap on the wrist is good enough.
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
    Goodell has a soft spot for the Elite players.

He is happy to burn players like Chris Henry and Pac Man for their much deserved antics, but when it comes to proper punishment for teams that cheat, but win games like the Patriots and star players a slap on the wrist is good enough.
    I hear that...

Quote Originally Posted by Accordngs View Post

Even if its 4 games, they will miss having a solid guy like Niko that can step in and has been in that defense for years.

I don't think the NFL has ever given a suspension for a first time DUI, or legal offense, I am of course assuming he has nad not prior legal trouble. If this was his second or third DUI, or if he had previous legal troubles then I would assume he would possibly face a four game suspension, but as it is I don't assume anything will happen to him, other than maybe some required substance abuse counselling (maybe).

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Not really considering Niko sucks.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
    Not really considering Niko sucks.
    So do the Chiefs

Quote Originally Posted by Accordngs View Post

What exactly is so solid about Niko Koutouvides? He has never had more than 62 tackles in a season and that was as a rookie. Since then his best season was last year with 23 tackles. 1 career sack, 0 interceptions, yadda yadda yadda. I laugh at the Broncos expecting this guy to be a starting middle linebacker. Runningbacks around the AFC West have to be licking their chops.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

What exactly is so solid about Niko Koutouvides? He has never had more than 62 tackles in a season and that was as a rookie. Since then his best season was last year with 23 tackles. 1 career sack, 0 interceptions, yadda yadda yadda. I laugh at the Broncos expecting this guy to be a starting middle linebacker. Runningbacks around the AFC West have to be licking their chops.
    Too bad the Chiefs blow, sucka.

Since you want to talk about stats maybe we should talk about the 2007 Chiefs stats. It looks to me like Niko's stats are on par with pretty much the entire Chiefs Defense. Well except for maybe Jared Allen, but OH WAIT...

Isn't he a Viking now?

Yadda, Yadda, Yadda...
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?