ProFootballTalk disses McShay, Jeremy Green

This gave me a chuckle, especially the part where Green couldn't get an NFL job because of his inability to evaluate.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...slead-woodson/

DID MCSHAY MISLEAD WOODSON?
    Posted by Mike Florio on May 13, 2008, 9:30 a.m.

In response to the news that Kentucky quarterback Andre Woodson was under the mistaken impression that he’d be drafted in the second round of last month’s draft, one league source is pointing the blame directly at Todd McShay and other wannabe scouts who don’t know as much as they think they know about what teams will do.

We tried to search ESPN.com for McShay’s 2008 mock drafts. His final 2008 mock draft now comes up as “null.” The Scouts Inc. final mock, prepared by McShay and two others, is still alive.

In that mock draft, McShay and company had Woodson going in round three to the Bears. Instead, Woodson was selected in round six by the New York Giants.

The following is an opinion that was passed along to us by the source, based on McShay’s assessment of Woodson.

“The problem with people like McShay is that they have no accountability,” the source said. “They can say what they want and when they are wrong no one cares, [except] the kid’s family. McShay could not get a job with any NFL team, even as an intern. He is a very poor evaluator. He proved it with his evaluation of Woodson.

“Woodson’s problem, and most everyone in the league saw it, was he has a very slow release and he stares down his receivers. In our league, he would get a very high percentage of interceptions because of his flaws. His accuracy is very average at best, so you put a slow release, not good accuracy, and stares down receivers and you get a guy who can’t play quarterback in the NFL.

“The networks should hire real scouts not wannabes like McShay. The other kid at ESPN, Jeremy Green, was fired after a couple of years with a club because he couldn’t evaluate, yet he is an “expert” with ESPN. These guys make more than twice as much money as real scouts and they don’t have a clue. ESPN should grade what these guys say and fire them when they are wrong a lot more often than when they are right.”

Moving forward, we’ll be keeping a close eye on what McShay has to say, especially since he seems to be the “hair” apparent to Mel Kiper. And, apparently, we’ll need to print off all of McShay’s mock drafts, since after the fact they can’t be found in a medium that ordinarily is premised on saving stuff, not deleting it.

In saying this, we full acknowledge the fact that we offer up our own periodic mock drafts in the weeks leading up to the draft. But ours isn’t based on our own scouting assessment of the players; we do it based on the things we hear from folks in the know. Even then, our mock draft often is a complete mess, too.

It would be even more of a mess if we pretended to be scouts.

Huh. Are they seriously whining about an ESPN analysts? "He has no accountability" ha ha ha ha.....he works for a TV network for gods sake. OF course he has no accountability. He isn't DOING scouting for NFL teams, he puts on entertainment for fans....good lord.

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

LOL

The problem is two fold. One McShay is an idiot, but I thought everyone knew that, and Kiper is not much smarter but he at least works at it.

Two, and this is a bigger problem, players want to believe what they want to believe. It is human nature to be optimistic about reviews. If a restaurant get 4 bad reviews, and 1 good one, then the good one is the only one who understands them, and the rest are idiots. If 1 guy says are you a 3rd round pick and 5 say you are a 5th, 6th, or 7th round pick, your nature to believe the best one.

The NFL has a service that projects what round you will be in, so why would Woodson believe McShay of all people. I personally like Mayock.
    Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith
    http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/G/...riffithand.jpg

http://www.dewmocracy.com/assets/poster_SuperNova.jpg

if you want to find an old posting on the internet that is no longer there try going to the waybackmachine You can find most everything that was on the web at some point. You do need the original websiat address though. You can get the address from the link by right clicking and going to properties.

First of all, ya gotta love the NFL 'insider' that made his comments about McShay.

The reality is, these NFL guys hate the Kiper's and McShay's of the world because they offer an opinion that is often contrary to what they think. If you want a classic example of this, watch the now legendary exchange between Mel Kiper and former Colts GM Bill Tobin. Tobin tried to discredit him live on the air, and said that Kiper 'Did not know anything more about the NFL than his neighbor..'

Yet, ten years later, Kiper has a job, and Tobin does not.

These NFL guys that think they are so far superior in what they do are a joke...if they are so good, why does half the first round bust out every year?

Because they aren't any better at projecting talent than the Kipers or McShay's of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Gr3yStreet View Post
    Huh. Are they seriously whining about an ESPN analysts? "He has no accountability" ha ha ha ha.....he works for a TV network for gods sake. OF course he has no accountability. He isn't DOING scouting for NFL teams, he puts on entertainment for fans....good lord.
    PFT hates everyone. They hate ESPN because they are better than them and people take them seriously - unlike PFT.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    First of all, ya gotta love the NFL 'insider' that made his comments about McShay.

The reality is, these NFL guys hate the Kiper's and McShay's of the world because they offer an opinion that is often contrary to what they think. If you want a classic example of this, watch the now legendary exchange between Mel Kiper and former Colts GM Bill Tobin. Tobin tried to discredit him live on the air, and said that Kiper 'Did not know anything more about the NFL than his neighbor..'

Yet, ten years later, Kiper has a job, and Tobin does not.

These NFL guys that think they are so far superior in what they do are a joke...if they are so good, why does half the first round bust out every year?

Because they aren't any better at projecting talent than the Kipers or McShay's of the world.
    Along with the fact that McShay works for an entertainment business (ESPN) while Tobin was working for a scouting business (GM of an NFL franchise)

End of the day:many idiots continue to watch ESPN and trust McShay... why? Because he is on the "national leader of spots"

Tobin actually is held accountible.

It's the same reason some people on here can say what they will then ignore they said it if they are wrong. Such as last year Kmart saying how stupid I was for suggesting LJ was going to have the curse of 370+ carries.

I am with you on the "NFL superiority" thing, but make no mistake about it Mind: McShay should be fired just as much as Tobin, and I like him better than Kiper 8/10th's of the time.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

"Don't Be Hatin' on me yo"

“The problem with people like McShay is that they have no accountability,” the source said.
    This is hilarious. A "source" that's afraid to use his name talking about "accountability".

The mere fact that McShay uses his real name makes him far more accountable than some un-named source.

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    This is hilarious. A "source" that's afraid to use his name talking about "accountability".

The mere fact that McShay uses his real name makes him far more accountable than some un-named source.
    Well you really think McShay would go under some name like McDonald or something?

The source kept the name under wraps because if you are a no-name scout do you really want to get your fame by calling out McShay? Can possibly give you some negative cred.
    Bronco fan from Packer Land.
    Lefty Writer on The Sports Show with Woody Paige and Les Shapiro
    Tweet me @JoRo_5551

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post

You're missing the point. The "source" you're making fun of is accountable just not the the general public. McShay Is an entertainer for a TV network. So the people McShay has to worry about is us, as fans. The "scout" doesn't need to worry about us so why would he cause a distraction for the team he works for. He has to be accountable to his NFL team's coaches and owner and thats it, which is much more important. Thats the reason McShay uses his name and the "scout" does not. It does not make him any less accountable at all.
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/xgcadam/JakesSig1.png

McShay isn't a complete idiot. However, he does make some ridiculous predictions. For a guy who does this for a living, I'm shocked at some of his reports and opinions.

I run a draft site and fully admit I'm off on some picks and predictions. I go back each year to study what I was "wrong" about to try and learn. I often wonder if guys like Todd do the same thing or if they just dismiss their mistakes.
    [URL=http://www.scoutsnotebook.com]http://www.scoutsnotebook.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by JoRo View Post
    Along with the fact that McShay works for an entertainment business (ESPN) while Tobin was working for a scouting business (GM of an NFL franchise)

End of the day:many idiots continue to watch ESPN and trust McShay... why? Because he is on the "national leader of spots"

Tobin actually is held accountible.

It's the same reason some people on here can say what they will then ignore they said it if they are wrong. Such as last year Kmart saying how stupid I was for suggesting LJ was going to have the curse of 370+ carries.

I am with you on the "NFL superiority" thing, but make no mistake about it Mind: McShay should be fired just as much as Tobin, and I like him better than Kiper 8/10th's of the time.
    LJ did not have the curse of 370+ carries. He could have had 0 carries the year before and he still would have broken a bone in his foot the way it was rolled up under A.J. Hawk.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
    LJ did not have the curse of 370+ carries. He could have had 0 carries the year before and he still would have broken a bone in his foot the way it was rolled up under A.J. Hawk.

blah blah blah blah chiefs suck blah blah blah