Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyTony View Post
    For those mentioning age as a factor I just want to point out that Lynch will turn 37 early in the season, McCree is 31, and Manuel will be 29. In other words, Wesley is younger than two of these three. The real question is whether or not he's better than any of the three...
    I agree. If he's cheap I don't see why wouldn't want some solid exp. to add to the safety spot. Doubtful he's good enough to start but he would most certainly make the two deep.

Please not another old Safety!! I love Lynch, and Manuel/McCree are both quick fixes just to get us through this season, then all three are gone.

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Quote Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
    I love these rumored deals, hands up quick if you remember when we were sending a 2nd rounder and Foxworth to Detroit for Shaun Rogers or a high pick for Dewayne Robertson.

My first instinct when I see a journalist write about a rumored trade like that is that the Broncos called the Chiefs and said, so is Wesley available, the Chiefs said, for the right price and the Broncos said, okay we will talk later. That was a trade rumor, then you just need to figure out what is going the other way, we had a couple of 4th rounders so probably one of those and boom it is in the paper, it was never true, but it made the paper.

No, if you can't hold on to your job when the competition is Pollard and Page, a couple of underwhelming safeties, you have no business here. I have no doubt Wesley could compete in TC, but he is just not good enough in coverage, he is not a good tackler and he will not be part of a strong team for years to come because of his age.
    I'll take Pollard, Page, and Dajuan Morgan over the likes of Lynch, Abdullah, McCree, Manuel, etc. Didn't you guys put a 7th round tender on Abdullah and nobody picked him up? Yikes. Shows how those around the NFL feel about him.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

I wish the mods would leave threads where they are started...

Anyway, here's more on the "story" from Burger Bill.

"It appears the Chiefs are finally ready to part ways with veteran safety Greg Wesley. This has been in the works for a year. Wesley wanted to break free last year because of playing time issues and an infusion of youth at safety in Kansas City. Still, the Chiefs kept him despite being close to trading him last year.

Denver was close to dealing for Wesley before training camp last season. It will be interesting to see if Denver makes a run at Wesley if and when the Chiefs cut him. There is a strong chance the Broncos will pass.

Wesley's biggest supporter in Denver was general manager Ted Sundquist. He was the trigger man in Denver in its pursuit of Wesley last year. Now that Sundquist has been fired, it will be interesting to see if there is a renewed interest in Wesley. Denver added two veteran free agents in Marlon McCree and Marquand Manuel and drafted Josh Barrett of Arizona State last month. Without Sundquist and with three new safeties in, Denver may not have the same interest in Wesley as last year."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks...ng-Wesley.html

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
    I'll take Pollard, Page, and Dajuan Morgan over the likes of Lynch, Abdullah, McCree, Manuel, etc. Didn't you guys put a 7th round tender on Abdullah and nobody picked him up? Yikes. Shows how those around the NFL feel about him.
    I wouldnt give up a 7th round pick for a guy who tackles about as well as a mannequin either.

And THAT'S, the Cosmic Perspective.

So Chief boy, how is your team going to follow up on the 27-11 and 41-7 drubbings the Broncos gave you last season? Oh, is this not the trash talking forum?

I think we were after him before we added Mcree and Manuel. I dont think we will pick him up now.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Can someone make me a Greg Wesley sig?......

Well to be fair, Chargers fans think he's the second best safety in the AFCWest......

Pollard = 90 tackles, 1 sack, 2 int.
    Page = 59 tackles, 0 sacks, 3 int.
    Morgan = A rookie who started 1 year in college.

Lynch = 59 tackles, 1 sack, 0 int.
    Abdullah = 48 tackles, 0 sack, 0 int. (8 starts)
    McCree = 67 tackles, 0 sack, 3 int.
    Manuel = 18 tackles, 1 sack, 1 int. (2 starts)
    Barrett = A Rookie who was one of the top ranked safeties going into senior year before going south. So a big question mark, bad year or head case.. time will tell.

Now, on the surface it looks like Pollard stacks well above, except that Abdullah was a back-up and still managed to nearly equal page's stats. And in 8 starts got a little over half the tackles that Pollard had in 15 starts. No one in your secondary has a resume like Lynch's, and while he is nearly at the end of his career, and has lost a step, he knows more about playing safety in the NFL than anyone on this list, and is a better leader. McCree played behind one of the top 3 front 7's in the NFL, not going to get a lot of tackles there. Manuel played behind Harris who had a great year, but Manuel has started in the Super Bowl, only Lynch can match that kind of experience on this list. And Barrett, well he and Morgan wash out until they prove themselves.

I think there is plenty of competition at the safety position, and the best two will emerge, and the fact that you'd take your crew over ours is no surprise, but when the dust settles, I believe you'll find it pretty much a wash. Either way, I'd like to pass on Wesley, because simply, if the chiefs don't need him, he's pretty much not need-able.