Page 1 of 65 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Post game rants---Saints

You know I just realized?

There's no reason for us to not be in the elite NFL teams this coming year. On defense, do you realize the elite level players we have? Champ and Dre on the outside, Lynch still brings the passion.....Dwayne Robertson in the middle......Boss Bailey has superior athleticism, Jarvis Moss has superior athleticism, DJ Williams has superior athleticism Dumervil is a sackmaster! This is all on one defense people c'mon no reason we should fail on defense have some pride.

Edit: John is gone, and it seems like we have no leader on defense. Our scheme is horrible we are spread out too far and giving opposing QB's easy windows to throw into
    Last edited by Return of Lava; 09-21-2008 at 02:50 PM.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post

There's no reason for us to not be in the elite NFL teams this coming year. On defense, do you realize the elite level players we have? Champ and Dre on the outside, Lynch still brings the passion.....Dwayne Robertson in the middle......Boss Bailey has superior athleticism, Jarvis Moss has superior athleticism, DJ Williams has superior athleticism Dumervil is a sackmaster! This is all on one defense people c'mon no reason we should fail on defense have some pride.
    Preach on brotha!!!!!

The talent is there, hopefully it'll show in the new scheme.

Although I have to say, "superior athleticism" does not a good football player make. If it did, why not just sign a bunch of Olympians? I think Jarvis Moss will be a good pass-rusher for us, but right now he is still just potential. Boss Bailey hasn't been able to consistently stay on the field due to injury, and didn't light it up when he was on the field either. Dewayne Robertson is a bit of a question mark. Was he rendered ineffective by a scheme in which he didn't fit, or is he just a mediocre player? We'll find out. This defense has the talent though and the potential to be a good unit, but I'll reserve my excitement until I see positive results in preseason play by the 1st team unit.

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post

Hey There Lava!! Nice to see you my friend! :wave:

And would you just stop with all of this positive thinking.

*** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

I hate to be a wet blanket here, but you're basically saying that Robertson, Boss, and the return of Moss miraculously propels this defense to elite status? I don't know, I'm not quite seeing it.

I think there is more to an elite defense then a bunch of "potentially" good players. There is some good play calling, lack of injuries... Im excited about what we have, but if there ends up being no chemistry or heart we are properly --------ed. But again, I am really excited about what could happen.

Bly and Bailey looked pedestrian last year without a good dline. It all hinges on the dline. If we can improve that part of the defenses play, Our defense is going to be great because of the skill at secondary. If it's bad again, we will get lit up, because it's shown more often then not that the CB position is contingent of the play by another.

I'm not that high on Boss Bailey. I think he will be average at best. People around here seem to think because he's Champ's brother he'll be awesome. Ask a Lion fan how he plays and you'll think they are describing Ian Gold except injured more frequently and he doesn't like to practice.

Other than that, It's hard to disagree with the assessment that this team will be much better this year. People say "they had no heart" which isn't really true and is something fans say when they're mad. What they lacked was confidence and this was the result of running a scheme they were unfamiliar with and one that didn't work very well. Getting mixed signals from the staff didn't help either. When you're already not confident and your defense is getting owned, it takes a lot of the passion out of the game.

I'll be honest. I don't have a great deal of faith in Bob Slowik. Firing Coyer was a mistake. That said, we have solid corners, the defensive linemen we drafted last year will be much better, and Ekuban back will also help. Robertson will help a great deal and at least one of the young defensive tackles, be it Thomas or Powell, will help this year as well. I think conservatively speaking it would be hard to argue that the front four won't be much better this year. I'm luke warm on the linebackers, but feel good about DJ at his natural position and Koutovides (sp?) is better than people think. Safety is still a concern, but you can't be perfect at everything.

I still am not high on Slowik, but I think it would be hard to argue we won't be much better this year. As for "elite" status, that's a total Homer take, though not impossible.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

I understand that just having great players on a team doesnt make them elite, but if 7 out of 11 are supremely talented, asnd the others are great role players, what are we waiting for? In the age of free agency, you're never gonna have 11 all stars on a team, but we have to step up and play to our abilities.
    dont let him pull dat move on ya, dont let him pull that move.......................oh no dats da move! TOUCHDOWN!!!

I tried to warn ya.

" the killer b's..........its gonna be a...w...e...s.......O.....M........E!
    i'm a BRONCO'S fan !:go:

I don't think the defense needs to be "elite" to get the Broncos to the playoffs, just the better side of average.

A little pressure will allow the CB's to shine. Holding teams to at least an occasional 3rd and long would be nice!

Cutler and Company will take care of the rest!

we were soft stools at DT last year.Bluntly, we played like ***** inside. Robertson can play with pain and hold his ground, and Powell has done it in the SEC.

There are several additions to help us with special teams, Royal and Hillis and a few other newcomers.

The additions of Clady and Hillis along with Graham and Torian may give us short yardage gains we havent seen since TD. I really am warming up to this draft.
    [SIGPIC]http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=350455&type=sigpic&dateline=1210713598[/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by mock View Post
    we were soft stools at DT last year.Bluntly, we played like ***** inside. Robertson can play with pain and hold his ground, and Powell has done it in the SEC.

There are several additions to help us with special teams, Royal and Hillis and a few other newcomers.

The additions of Clady and Hillis along with Graham and Torian may give us short yardage gains we havent seen since TD. I really am warming up to this draft.
    Add that to last year's rookies getting more experience, if the line improves Graham becomes a better weapon (Graham and Scheff are nice options on the goal line right!?), I think this year could be pretty exciting!

Of course, the only wet blanket is Marshall's arm

Ok...I can drink that Kool-Aid. GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Ok...I can drink that Kool-Aid. GO BRONCOS!
    Orange flavored Kool-Aid is the best!!!