Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,942

    Have you ever gotten a wrong number text message?

    This was the weirdest experience...

    I forgot my phone when I left the house this morning...

    Get home to 3 text messages from a local cell phone.

    "Hey sunshine, this is my new phone number"...blah, blah, blah.

    Next message "Oh, it's Joey, by the way, in case you couldn't tell"

    Next message "Ok, fine, be a dork and don't text me back, I hope everything's ok, blah blah blah"

    I'm thinking what the heck? The only guy I know named Joey is this guy I met at a bar last summer in WY... went out with a few times, but it wasn't real feasible for it to turn into anything, because of the distance... but who else could it be? I knew he had friends here, and the guy said this was his # for the next 2 weeks, so I'm thinking he's visiting and decided to look me up.

    So I text him back saying "Wow, I never expected to hear from you again, and how do you have a phone # in this area code?"

    He responds "Who is this? I know I texted you earlier, but it was a wrong number"

    I said "Ok, I'm glad you got it figured out" and expected it to drop...

    He texts back again and says 'Ok, but do I know you?"

    All I could think to say was "Um, I doubt it, but you tell me, you started this whole thing"

    He writes back "Yeah, you're probably right, I doubt it too... sorry"

    Duh.

    Weirdo.

    It just struck me afterwards, though... never had a wrong number text before...
    Last edited by redbirdy80; 05-16-2008 at 10:17 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    15,928
    That's weird.

    My husband got one once. He ignored it and that was the end of it.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwareness

    Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    18,835
    Quote Originally Posted by redbirdy80 View Post
    This was the weirdest experience...

    I forgot my phone when I left the house this morning...

    Get home to 3 text messages from a local cell phone.

    "Hey sunshine, this is my new phone number"...blah, blah, blah.

    Next message "Oh, it's Joey, by the way, in case you couldn't tell"

    Next message "Ok, fine, be a dork and don't text me back, I hope everything's ok, blah blah blah"

    I'm thinking what the heck? The only guy I know named Joey is this guy I met at a bar last summer in WY... went out with a few times, but it wasn't real feasible for it to turn into anything, because of the distance... but who else could it be? I knew he had friends here, and the guy said this was his # for the next 2 weeks, so I'm thinking he's visiting and decided to look me up.

    So I text him back saying "Wow, I never expected to hear from you again, and how do you have a phone # in this area code?"

    He responds "Who is this? I know I texted you earlier, but it was a wrong number"

    I said "Ok, I'm glad you got it figured out" and expected it to drop...

    He texts back again and says 'Ok, but do I know you?"

    All I could think to say was "Um, I doubt it, but you tell me, you started this whole thing"

    He writes back "Yeah, you're probably right, I doubt it too... sorry"

    Duh.

    Weirdo.

    It just struck me afterwards, though... never had a wrong number text before...

    Edit/Delete Message

    way weird. I've never gotten a wrong number text, but way back in the mid 90's when I first got caller ID, I called a number back that was on there.
    Some dude answered and I explained that his number was on my caller ID and I was just seeing if someone there had tried to get ahold of me.

    He got all indignant and said, no, that no one had dialed my number. I said, "I'm sorry, but someone did. It was on my caller ID."

    He then shouted, "No one called your fudging number!" and hung up. (Only he didn't say 'fudging!') I don't think he understood caller ID since it was still relatively new!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    8,045
    I got a wrong number text once from some random girl.
    I texted her back.
    We met up.
    We dated.
    We got married.



    So Wrong number texts work out good sometimes.

    jk....

    That is wierd though and I hate wrong number anythings.
    I hate getting a phone call from some number I dont recognize either

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lost in the shadow of the Cross
    Posts
    20,587
    I have a few times, I made the mistake of texting back this chick was a psyco. She texted me nonstop, and most of it was stupid. So now, I ignore them.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

    Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,942
    I would have ignored it, except like I said, I thought MAYBE it was that guy from last summer... it was just weird that after we'd established it'd been a wrong number in the first place the guy kept asking "yeah, but do I know you?"

    Um... no...


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,258
    I got one the other day from one of my clients. They must have pushed the wrong contact on their phone.

    It said "We brought u home creme brulee". Whatever that is. I replied and said "can you bring two?". They replied and said "Sorry, wrong person".

    So now they owe me a creme brulee.

    There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

    I Support our Troops!
    How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I got one the other day from one of my clients. They must have pushed the wrong contact on their phone.

    It said "We brought u home creme brulee". Whatever that is. I replied and said "can you bring two?". They replied and said "Sorry, wrong person".

    So now they owe me a creme brulee.
    LOL, how about a cheesecake?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by redbirdy80 View Post
    LOL, how about a cheesecake?
    That would do it for me. At least I know what that is.

    Maybe I should google creme brulee and see what comes up.

    There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

    I Support our Troops!
    How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    11,942
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    That would do it for me. At least I know what that is.

    Maybe I should google creme brulee and see what comes up.
    Oh my gosh, it's so good.

    And here, I'll text you some...



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,226

    Have you ever gotten a wrong number text message?

    At this point in my life a text message sounds kinda kinky to me...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    3,258
    Quote Originally Posted by redbirdy80 View Post
    Oh my gosh, it's so good.

    And here, I'll text you some...


    I did google it. What I looked at seemed like something that I would like to try. I love desserts.

    I wish you could text me some.

    There are two kinds of teams in the AFCW; The losers and the Broncos!!!

    I Support our Troops!
    How do you expect me to have a RED WHITE and BLUE sig when the background is obnoxious white?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,056
    Ha. I have actually sent some wrong number texts before. I talked to some of them for a little bit.

    But, I sent a text message to the wrong person on my phone, and it was a not a text message they need to be reading.....


    And I have done it several times.

    It sucked. Alot.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Stars with a K ends with an A
    Posts
    8,799
    It happened to me once.

    I got one saying "Thanks for dropping me off at the airport. we had a blast!"


    I said "Who is this?"


    They said "Sorry wrong number"

    I said "On a text message?"

    They said "[expletive deleted] you"

    I stopped answering them after that
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Cheshire, England
    Posts
    14,289
    Quote Originally Posted by SmithOverTO View Post
    It happened to me once.

    I got one saying "Thanks for dropping me off at the airport. we had a blast!"


    I said "Who is this?"


    They said "Sorry wrong number"

    I said "On a text message?"

    They said "[expletive deleted] you"

    I stopped answering them after that
    You do have a way with people
    The Whiskyteers ~ One for all, and all for MORE!!!!

    Broncomania Best Foreign Poster
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29
    You'll Never Walk Alone


    http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/a...mber/mag7s.jpg

    Spiffing sig, MasterShake

    You know, in certain older civilized cultures, when men failed as entirely as you have, they would throw themselves on their swords ~ The Operative, Serenity

    Maybe Slowick should pay attention

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •