Page 537 of 537 FirstFirst ... 37 437 487 527 535 536 537
Results 8,041 to 8,051 of 8051
  1. #8041
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    2,526
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I saw Flair in the 80s. Actually he was my favorite singles wrestler during his career. Only Sting and Jake Roberts came close but at the end of the day, Flair is #1 all time in my book as a solo wrestler. The only wrestlers I liked far better were the Road Warriors, who were the reason I started watching wrestling back in July 1983.

    I will give Cena a lot of credit, he has improved and I think he gets more flack than he deserves. I've enjoyed his matches the last couple years more than his entire career combined. As for Flair, I enjoy a 1993 match just as much as a 1983 match. He just told a better story for a MUCH longer period. I like Cena a lot more now, but he shouldn't have had that record with Flair. I would've given it to the Undertaker if anyone, especially now that he no longer has a streak. It doesn't really bother me, and I get it that Cena has been the flagship for a while, but I just don't think he deserves to be in a legendary class with Flair. I will say though that nobody's presence works a crowd more than Cena... although Roman Reigns is coming close lol.
    Seen this from way back and had to get in on it. Flair could work a crowd better then ANYONE! And his LONGEVITY was 2nd to none! In a business that known for casualties, it is AMAZING that he Wrestled in FIVE DIFFERENT DECADES!!! He started back in the 70s!!!!! And NO ONE could give a better interview then him. SO FUNNY!

    Has anyone seen the recent 30 for 30 special on Ric? AMAZING! I had no idea he partied/drank so much!!! To do this for so many years, and be able to do what he did, will never again be matched. With good reason.

    I am even more pumped to see Andre the Giants Documentary on HBO next month!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywm84JNihIg
    oh YEAH?

  2. #8042
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,908
    Flair was awesome, and had the longevity but Austin is the greatest to ever do it! Austin changed the game like no other. He brought the Raw and the WWF back from the depths when WCW ruled the world.

  3. #8043
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    30,635
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Flair was awesome, and had the longevity but Austin is the greatest to ever do it! Austin changed the game like no other. He brought the Raw and the WWF back from the depths when WCW ruled the world.
    "Stone Cold" couldn't wrestle and didn't have the longevity to be among the greatest. Hogan put wrestling on the global map, Angle was the best wrestler, The Rock was the best on the mic, etc. Austin had a lot of help during the War, with the likes of: HHH, Undertaker, Rock, Mick Foley, etc.

    For my $, HBK was the greatest all-around performer. He could talk, wrestle, brawl, and fly.
    Last edited by HUMCALC; 06-11-2018 at 05:14 PM.
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

  4. #8044
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Buckeye Nation
    Posts
    8,908
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    "Stone Cold" couldn't wrestle and didn't have the longevity to be among the greatest. Hogan put wrestling on the global map, Angle was the best wrestler, The Rock was the best on the mic, etc. Austin had a lot of help during the War, with the likes of: HHH, Undertaker, Rock, Mick Foley, etc.

    For my $, HBK was the greatest all-around performer. He could talk, wrestle, brawl, and fly.
    Austin broke all of the pay per view records, all the merchandise records, and that includes Hogan... Hogan may be one of the worst wrestlers ever.... Steve was a decent wrestler. Go back and watch some of those Steamboat vs Austin in WCW matches. Go back and watch a lot of those matches with Brett. Owen, and many others, and you'll see a decent wrestler. Austin was pretty darn stellar with a mic himself. Injuries definitely hurt his career, but his run as Stone Cold remains unmatched as ratings, and merchandise, and just overall popularity is concerned.

  5. #8045
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    30,635
    Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Austin broke all of the pay per view records, all the merchandise records, and that includes Hogan... Hogan may be one of the worst wrestlers ever.... Steve was a decent wrestler. Go back and watch some of those Steamboat vs Austin in WCW matches. Go back and watch a lot of those matches with Brett. Owen, and many others, and you'll see a decent wrestler. Austin was pretty darn stellar with a mic himself. Injuries definitely hurt his career, but his run as Stone Cold remains unmatched as ratings, and merchandise, and just overall popularity is concerned.
    I agree that Hogan was a horrible wrestler. "Stunning" Steve Austin had a # of quality matches, but when he got to the WWF(E) he abandoned his wrestling skills. Yes he was outstanding on the mic, but he had a ton more help breaking records than Hogan ever did. "Stone Cold" got to work with HOFers in: HHH, The Rock, The Undertaker, Bret & Owen Hart, Vince McMahon, etc. Hogan's greatest rival was "Macho Man/King". The rest of his rivals lacked a lot in the ring. Earthquake lacked everything, as did: Zeus, Bundy, Andre, Sid, etc. It wasn't until Hogan left for WCW that he got some quality opponents, and that was long after Hogan put wrestling on the map. Don't forget that the NWO did record business, too
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

  6. #8046
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    30,635
    R.I.P. Brian Lawler aka "Grand Master Sexay". He died today at the age of 46, apparently of suicide

    Also Nikolai Volkoff passed away today
    Last edited by HUMCALC; 07-29-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

  7. #8047
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,595
    Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    R.I.P. Brian Lawler aka "Grand Master Sexay". He died today at the age of 46, apparently of suicide

    Also Nikolai Volkoff passed away today
    Double yikes! R.I.P. to both.

  8. #8048
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    7,595
    Also R.I.P. to Brickhouse Brown, who was an 80s and 90s wrestler. I barely remember him in the N.W.A. in the early to mid 80s but I do remember the name.

  9. #8049
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    E-arth
    Posts
    15,356
    Jim The Anvil Neidhart has died.
    Nattie just wrestled last night and this is what her morning is. Losing her father.

    Rest easy Anvil.

  10. #8050
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    30,635
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Jim The Anvil Neidhart has died.
    Nattie just wrestled last night and this is what her morning is. Losing her father.

    Rest easy Anvil.
    He was fun to watch. May he Rest In Peace
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

  11. #8051
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Antioch, IL
    Posts
    30,635
    Roman Reigns had to forfeit his title tonight, due to him having leukemia. He's in my thoughts and prayers
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •