Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A letter to Bronco fans from Andrew Mason!

In the comments I read on message boards, my former blog, e-mail and other venues, many of you wanted to know where I would end up. I didn't want to say much until I had something to report -- which is now the case.

But please forgive me for detouring before getting to the point of this piece.

With the Broncos opening their quarterback camp on Monday morning, I found myself taking a few minutes to click around and see how the first day of OTAs was being covered. After all, it seems like only yesterday that I was blogging about Broncos offseason practices, and just a couple of hours ago that I was still writing on DenverBroncos.com.

Then I saw this picture over on the Rocky Mountain News' Web site. I easily recognized Jay Cutler and Patrick Ramsey. The fellow in the background -- that was another matter entirely.

"Eighty-four?" I blurted out in puzzlement to an otherwise empty hotel room. "Who the heck is that guy?"

(For the record, it is tight end Brett Pierce.)

I hope you'll forgive my ignorance, because I have another team upon which I am focused -- the Carolina Panthers.

As the Broncos began their quarterback camp, I went through my first day at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte as the staff writer on the team's official Web site, Panthers.com. It is an opportunity for which I am thankful to so many near and far, in Dove Valley and beyond -- not the least of which are those of you who shared so many kind words in the days and weeks after the paths of myself and the Broncos diverged. My second chance with an NFL team is in part due to Broncos fans who read the site and blog and responded to it with such gusto.

Wherever I go and whatever I do, I'll never forget what a privilege it was to write for you, Denver's fans, for the past six seasons. Yes, this is a business, and there's a reality to it that I understand in the way so many players and coaches have over the years. But this is also a passion, one that all of us around the sport -- players, staffers, coaches, fans -- share with equal fervor.

Take care, and until we meet again, "vaya con Dios."

courtesy of http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/5...broncos-fans-f
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Like a Panther

How fitting that Andrew Mason landed on his feet and became a Panther in the process.

Best of luck to you, Andrew!
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Andrew,

Good luck with the Panters!

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

**Team Signature Compliments of Stand Ablaze**

Good luck Andrew! I hope everything turns out great for you in Carolina! I look forward to hearing more from you in the future!

Thanks for you hard work Mr. Mason
    CMack
    [url]http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=2042165[/url]

[QUOTE=CMack;2210080]Thanks for you hard work Mr. Mason[/QUOTE
    The best panther pick up in years,

Don't forget that the orange and blue never leave the blood!!
    Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck to you sir

As an old Irish blessing says:

May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind always be at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face,
    and rains fall soft upon your fields.
    And until we meet again,
    May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Good wind to you

Good luck with your new gig, I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed your time in Denver.
    http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/...bCards/5713.gif

We should have restructured Andrew's contract during free agency.

Good Luck in Carolina with the Panthers and your new adventure.

They pulled a winner!
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

"I wish to congratulate you on your new business, and I hope you do very well. And good luck to you...as best as your interests don't conflict with my interests."

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinorg@blue View Post
    In the comments I read on message boards, my former blog, e-mail and other venues, many of you wanted to know where I would end up. I didn't want to say much until I had something to report -- which is now the case.

But please forgive me for detouring before getting to the point of this piece.

With the Broncos opening their quarterback camp on Monday morning, I found myself taking a few minutes to click around and see how the first day of OTAs was being covered. After all, it seems like only yesterday that I was blogging about Broncos offseason practices, and just a couple of hours ago that I was still writing on DenverBroncos.com.

Then I saw this picture over on the Rocky Mountain News' Web site. I easily recognized Jay Cutler and Patrick Ramsey. The fellow in the background -- that was another matter entirely.

"Eighty-four?" I blurted out in puzzlement to an otherwise empty hotel room. "Who the heck is that guy?"

(For the record, it is tight end Brett Pierce.)

I hope you'll forgive my ignorance, because I have another team upon which I am focused -- the Carolina Panthers.

As the Broncos began their quarterback camp, I went through my first day at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte as the staff writer on the team's official Web site, Panthers.com. It is an opportunity for which I am thankful to so many near and far, in Dove Valley and beyond -- not the least of which are those of you who shared so many kind words in the days and weeks after the paths of myself and the Broncos diverged. My second chance with an NFL team is in part due to Broncos fans who read the site and blog and responded to it with such gusto.

Wherever I go and whatever I do, I'll never forget what a privilege it was to write for you, Denver's fans, for the past six seasons. Yes, this is a business, and there's a reality to it that I understand in the way so many players and coaches have over the years. But this is also a passion, one that all of us around the sport -- players, staffers, coaches, fans -- share with equal fervor.

Take care, and until we meet again, "vaya con Dios."

courtesy of http://www.milehighreport.com/2008/5...broncos-fans-f

That's great news, Andrew.
    Best of luck in Charlotte.
    May you bring to them the same fine quality of reporting that we all came to know during your time with Denver.

-Steve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Hey Andrew best of luck to you. We miss you dearly.
    Only a fool allows another's opinion to anger him to the point of hurling insults.

We miss you and your blog. Good luck in Carolina