Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

The official running back position battle thread.

It's On!
    The annual battle for the starters spot in the Broncos backfield is under way!

Who will it be?

Henry, Young? Pittman with massive arms? Or will Torain be the next rookie to shoot up the depth charts?

Any info or thoughts, just post them here and hopefully the thread will stay alive untill opening day and we can see who's right and who's wrong.

My take: It's Henry's job to lose right now and he's doing a great job of doing just that. If he can't stay healthy, someone will step up.

My money's on Selvin Young with the news that he bulked up with 15 pounds of muscle. That shows he wants to carry the load and he will be more durable as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post
    It's On!

Who will it be?

Henry, Young? Pittman with massive arms? Or will Torain be the next rookie to shoot up the depth charts?

Any info or thoughts, just post them here and hopefully the thread will stay alive untill opening day and we can see who's right and who's wrong.

My take: It's Henry's job to lose right now and he's doing a great job of doing just that. If he can't stay healthy, someone will step up.

My money's on Selvin Young with the news that he bulked up with 15 pounds of muscle. That shows he wants to carry the load and he will be more durable as a result.
    hasnt there already been like 3 "official" running back threads?

I wish we could just pick one RB and stick with him.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

I have no stake to claim in this battle right now...

I think shall the best man win ....When preseason starts its on.

I remember when I picked Garrison Hearst a few years back...

Thus, I recuse myself from this, and other running back-related threads.
    http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...ckdaDookie.png

My adopted Bronco is Chris Kuper. Huzzah!

I am the raid leader for this World of Warcraft guild. Yay us!

I don't think it is going to be a shocker. We start the year with Henry #1, Young #2 and Torain #3, with Pittman watching from the couch. Seeing that Henry is always hurt, Young goes to number 1 by game 6, then gets hurt and Torain is #1 by game 8.

so the answer is all 3, it just depends on what week it is.
    [URL="http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=1331497"]Goal Line Blitz[/URL] - It's not a game, It's an addiction.... Proud owner of the Mile High Gladiators and GM of the Mile High Mustangs

I'm pulling for Young and Torain having great years ..If Henry has a great year I'm all for that as well...

I would love to see Alridge win the starting spot ..Even though chances slim

If you had to cut 2 Running backs on this roster who would it be....

Quote Originally Posted by Cutler'stheMan View Post
    It's On!

Who will it be?

Until he is cut or to injured to play Henry is our starter and as of yet no one has beaten him for the job.

How many HB's do we have on the roster right now? Hall Henry Bell Torain Young Pittman. Is that all? I guess Bell could be counted as FB. And we will keep probably 3?

Sig by Blondie79

I wanted to start the "official RB thread'

But I'm hoping Torain will be the starter.
    Who knows though. Were stacked at RB.
    Though Selvin says he will get 2000 so hopefully he wins the job.

All in favor to ban the words "Official" in a thread title created by someone other than a Mod Say I....

I!

RB position

1. Henry
    2. Bell
    3. Young
    4. Torain

FB position

Sapp
    Pittman
    Hillis

Larsen does not need to be tried at FB with the addition of pittman, even though he will it will be pittman at FB on the depth chart not larsen

Alridge will not be in the rb equation after selvin bulked up, after reading into selvins workouts and what he did this offseason he will be a factor in the run game and alridge wont be needed.

Alridge will however make the team as a reciver/scat back and to backup for returns. if he doesnt make the team we will try to keep him on the practice squad for as long as possible. the key with him is if he can transition to the nfl and bulk up a little.

Andre hall will get cut and be on his way out Dove Valley

Mike bell is a wildcard if he shows up ready to play like in 2006 he will earn a spot if he shows up like he did last year in camp he will be shipped out before camp ends

I think that there could be a RB rotation like the cowboys had last year... If Henry can stay healthy he and Pitman could be used for inside the red zone and Young, Torain taking turns for the other snaps.... Could be good for us because defenses would have to prepare for more then one back to face us....

It's going to be another year of "run by committee" they have already stated that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 different backs a game every game.

In a way it kinda works. Defenses never get used to one play style and the RB's get plenty of rest.

We will see.
    Is it solipsistic in here, or is it just me?

Selvin Young will be the starting RB 2008...Go Broncos!!!!
    [FONT="Fixedsys"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Some minds are like concrete, completely mixed up, and permanently set!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]