Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
    I think any realistic football fan knows size doesn't matter if you play like those who you already mentioned. Just ask Maurice Jones-Drew
    But the difference with Jones-Drew is that he is 5'7, not 5'11, and weighs the same. He has gigantic thighs, which is why he is so tough, Selvin doesn't.
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/newvegasvaultboy2.png?t=1287299316

selvin is quick enough to avoid the head on tackles with any 320 lb dts, if he doesn't run around them completely. he's explosive and a hard worker.

Selvin or Andre ain't either of thoes running backs thats the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by conannilsen View Post
    Pittman, Young, Hall, and Torain all stay. No odd man out.

Pittman is the Vet.

Young is the starter.

Hall is the backup.

Torain will eventually replace 1 of the 3 when an injury happens which will be early enough in the season that he needs to stay close in the rotation.

I think Hillis is starting fullback and may be the only 1 kept on the roster.

Mike Bell may be lucky to land somewhere else temporarily before getting cut and an offer with the CFL just like our pal Quentin Griffin.

I'm not sure if it's how it will stay but the depth chart goes as is:

Young
    Pittman
    Torain
    Hall

I go to ESPN.COM and look at the team depth chart for my info.

But in my opinion I believe that Sapp is the starting fullback and will eventually get replaced by Hillis.
    I think Shanny has high expectation's for Torain seeing how in an Article for the Denver Post called the Torain Train Rolls Into Town, in one of the quotes it said something like "Shanahan asked if I was ready to be the future runningback of the Dever Broncos" whenever he was about to get drafted. It was something to that effect.
    Pittman is almost certainly the 3rd down runningback.
    Hall=Depth.
    [CENTER][SIZE="5"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Black"][B]12/30/92[/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [SIZE="5"][FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="Silver"]The New Millenium Begins[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [FONT="Fixedsys"][COLOR="Orange"][SIZE="5"]#[COLOR="Orange"]13[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT]
    [FONT="Impact"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Navy"]Future[COLOR="Gold"]Bronco[/COLOR]and Hall Of Famer[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Black"]MY IDOL[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="5"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][COLOR="Black"]WILLIE WOOD[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    First off Barry Sanders was a bona fide elusive back. Emmit Smith, Walter Payton, and Curtis Martin played against different sized players. In Emmit and Curtis's rookie years there were very few player over 270 excluding DTs. Then in Walter's rookie year there were very few players over 250 excluding DTs. You see back then it may have been okay to be their size but now when you have 270 pound DEs and 320 pound DTs and if they get a hand on a player that is only 210 he's not going to go anywhere.

Big running backs don't last long in the NFL. Very few do.
    MEL KIPER IS TERRIBLE!!!!
    Best Pick-S Josh Barrett
    Worst Pick-WR Eddie Royal
    Sleeper Pick-RB Ryan Torian
    Huh? Pick-OT Ryan Clady
    Overall: B
    Denver broncos 08 draft Analyzed by Mel Kiper

[IMG]http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071125/capt.c2e3c65784cf473682b440b8a87a3df6.broncos_bears_football_cxb101.jpg[/IMG]
    HE'S THE REAL DEAL!

Quote Originally Posted by TRUEBRONCOFAN24 View Post
    I think any realistic football fan knows size doesn't matter if you play like those who you already mentioned. Just ask Maurice Jones-Drew

Maurice Jones-Drew is 5'7, 215. That's not exactly small. That's like a 5'11 RB being 240-245.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseTheBeast7 View Post

Maurice Jones-Drew is 5'7, 215. That's not exactly small. That's like a 5'11 RB being 240-245.
    yeah..... take a look at a picture of jones drew. he looks like a giant alone. of course.... once you see another guy in the picture then he stands like waist high. but the point is hes compact, being 5 7 and 215 for an RB beats 6 3 and 220 or something any day.
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

I can't wait for Ryan Torain to get back to his 2007 form and just molest running the ball by taking a huge dook in Glenn Dorsey's mouth.

Since size is so important . . .

Let's put Montrae Holland at running back . . .

-----

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Since size is so important . . .

Let's put Montrae Holland at running back . . .

-----
    Of course, too big isn't good, and hopefully you know that, but runningbacks need to have the strength to break arm tackles.
    http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll81/impairedbobcat/newvegasvaultboy2.png?t=1287299316

Quote Originally Posted by beastlymarsh15 View Post
    Rotoworld.com (offseason lowdown section w/ Selvin Young's pic) reports the Broncos are unlikely to carry 4 RB's on the active roster. The top 4 candidates for the starting job are:

Selvin Young
    Michael Pittman
    Ryan Torain
    Andre Hall

Mike Bell is most likely disposable and Aldridge would be lucky to make it to the practice squad, so let's leave them out of the conversation for now. The question is which one of these 4 will be the odd man out of the Broncos RB stable?
    Alridge is now a Wide Receiver. See for yourself. v

http://www.nfl.com/players/anthonyal...e?id=ALR296636
    Quote Originally Posted by darth-hideous View Post
    Champ losing a step, just means the rest of the NFL is now only two steps behind.
    Adopted by: CanDB & Peanut

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco-24 View Post
    Alridge is now a Wide Receiver. See for yourself. v

http://www.nfl.com/players/anthonyal...e?id=ALR296636
    what the..... anyone know what type of hands hes got?
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Quote Originally Posted by broncos1997 View Post
    what the..... anyone know what type of hands hes got?
    He's got great hands and has played WR before. Aldridge is someone who I think will make the team. He will contribute on special teams, and could see some limited time on offense in a gadget type scenario.

I like Kwhit's idea of Pittman backing up Hillis, which would free up a spot for Aldridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    I can't wait for Ryan Torain to get back to his 2007 form and just molest running the ball by taking a huge dook in Glenn Dorsey's mouth.
    Not gonna happen.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by kmartin575 View Post
    Not gonna happen.
    Good to see you over here, KMart. Nice to see that you're offering your usual level of expertise and banter as well...
    In Manning I trust.