Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    I was thinking, a pair of scissors (or loppers) and a garbage can (lid NOT optional!) Then put the can in a pickup, find a field, put it in reverse and slam on the brakes to tip the can over. (pray the lid comes off!) Make sure your windows are closed. Don't know how you retrieve the can, I'd wait overnight and then use the can to fling the hell out of that hive before loading it. I wonder how all that would work?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Check out "Broncos song" on youtube. Unless you are a judge in the Broncos Country Talent Search.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos0707 View Post
    Sounds like a good excuse to by some more footballs. Then you can throw the balls at it from a safe distance. You could even fill the football with acetylene from a torch and put some cannon fuse were the air plug goes. http://web1.denverbroncos.com/resour.../salutebst.gif
    That should do the trick and you can practice on your timing!
    Yeah.....I asked Rivers to come by......but I only bought a dozen footballs....and he keeps missing the hive!!

Victory Red 2010 2SS/RS (SuperSport w/Rally Sport package).

Hit It with a Bat!!!!11

Then Run!

I still miss the blue background.

Quote Originally Posted by lvrodri View Post
    Just noticed this huge @$$ bee hive in the tree in my front yard. Any suggestions.....besides run like hell!

I know you have a legitimate question, and I know it's the offseason so we're all having a bit of fun with our responses. Reading the thread has been somewhat entertaining.

But could a mod please move this to its proper forum? Thanks!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

There are hornet sprays that will shoot 15 to 20 feet in the air. Come out at daybreak when the bees are not as active and spray the hive. In 3 or 4 hour come back out and spray it agian. After a day or so look to see if there are any bees flying into or out of the hive. If not, remove the hive.
    RIP Cameron

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    There are hornet sprays that will shoot 15 to 20 feet in the air. Come out at daybreak when the bees are not as active and spray the hive. In 3 or 4 hour come back out and spray it agian. After a day or so look to see if there are any bees flying into or out of the hive. If not, remove the hive.
    Wheres the fun in that. That just sound like work. I think he should make this fun
    Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

I hear that bees are afraid of the naked human body. If you're not shy and you really wanna get rid of them,

Strip off your clothes, grab the hive and peer inside with your left eye, scream, "Yo, you queen lovin bees, get a load of this!", throw the hive down to the ground with enough force to shatter their home, and as they come swarming out of the hive, shake your body with all you got screaming, "I'm gonna get you, and your big fat queen too!"

That should do the trick!
    Personal goals: GOAL WEIGHT = 250lbs
    Weight loss needed for FGW = 120 lbs
    Weight lost so far: - 24 lbs

Quote Originally Posted by diesel51 View Post
    I hear that bees are afraid of the naked human body. If you're not shy and you really wanna get rid of them,

Strip off your clothes, grab the hive and peer inside with your left eye, scream, "Yo, you queen lovin bees, get a load of this!", throw the hive down to the ground with enough force to shatter their home, and as they come swarming out of the hive, shake your body with all you got screaming, "I'm gonna get you, and your big fat queen too!"

That should do the trick!
    Then after you might look like this!

Batter Up!

Quote Originally Posted by broncos0707 View Post
    Wheres the fun in that. That just sound like work. I think he should make this fun
    how about you try to eat the hive. dont bother removing the bees first, just take the hive down and start munching on it.
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    Then after you might look like this!

Dude if I'm dancing around naked on top of a bee hive. My face is the last thing I'm going to be worried about. Also I think I need to party with alot of you guys
    Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

I had a wasps nest in the hitch of my waverunners trailer last summer. I took a can of wasp/hornet killer, and sprayed it directly into the area where the nest was. They got really mad, and attacked me. They flew all around me. I sprayed the ones nearest my face to protect myself. I sprayed wasp killer in my own eyes. They chased me across a parking lot. People laughed at me. I ran like a girl while trying to regain my vision. I think I killed like three of them.

Decided to let them stay, and after backing the trailer into the lake, the wasps decided it was best to relocate.

dude, bees are some scary sht, You dont want to play around those effers.

Also no one has mentioned that bees can detect the carbon dioxide that we exhale when breathing. So if you do go close to their hive. Dont breath, or if you do make sure you have a long azz snorkel that goes like 10 ft away from you!

I hate bees. Honey bees really arent to bad, but I still hate them. Its the wasps and yellow jackets and hornets i really cant stand. But If you want to kill the bees this is what i do.

Like someone said, i put on some jeans and a long sleave shirt, then i put on my ski pants and jacket and hat and gloves and the hood on tied tight and then a scarf. At like sunset, or when rainy go out to the hive.

One hand with a big bottle of spray the other with a bat. Take a swing, spray some spray and run like hell. (dont knock it down though.)

Then the next day, night whatever. The bees will be working like mad to repair the house. And now that it is exposed you can have some fun.

water baloons, hairspray and lighter, bee spray, amonia- just douse the thing.

Or as someone else suggested. If you buy bottle rockets or m80's you can light them and work on your aim, and your timing. That is really fun. But if it was me i would be in the full body suit again.
    For now....
    1. Reuben Badass LB; 2. Joe Mixon RB; 3. Jake Butt TE; 3B Sid Jones DB; 4. Bucky Hoges TE; 6. Ryan Switzer WR. Trade for Sheldon Richardson.

Get one of those ball-shooting machines that are used for Tennis. Aim at the hive, and let the machine do its work, I don't know if that would get them to go but at least it would annoy them

If that doesn't work, get a football equipment and run to the hive and tackle it as hard as you can. You might get stung quite a bit though

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Maybe this is a good reason to have Jay Cutler come to your house!

This is what I would do:

1st tell everyone you know that you are having a party in your backyard!

2nd charge admission of course!

3rd have a buttload of footballs on hand!

4th set up a throwing point at about 30 yards away!

5th charge $1 a ball and have all of your buddies see who can take the hive down with a football, let's hope there's no ringers in here so you can make some good money!

6th, if nobody hits the hive, dare someone you really don't like to run up and tackle the hive, get 50 drunks in one place and someone is bound to step up for the glory!!!

Bee-Hive removal 101 my friend!

Make some money off it!
    That,,,,is beautiful!!!!

Now, back to business.

Yep, I've killed me a few bees in my day.

I know some people get very sensitive over the shoot first ask questions later philosophy, but my boy got stung by yellow jackets 6 or 7 times a while back.

I don't take the risk with my children playing in the yard. I exterminate with extreme prejudice!!!!

Here in the Boise, Idaho area I seem to get a lot of wasps in my back yard. They are a nuisance because they are more aggressive than your regular honey bee. They go after meat too when barbecuing. (My steak fool!)

I go to Home Depot, Lowes, or Walmart and get a can of wasp killer. It's only about $5-7 and shoots up to ten feet. Stand about 4 feet away and let em' have it! Come back about ten minutes later and knock the nest down.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!