Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RB Situation

RB Situation

The Denver Post reports that Denver running back Andre Hall ended mini-camp as the number two back and Michael Pittman as the number three.

This was on my fantasy football site, looks like Hall is doin alright.

Sig by Blondie79

Quote Originally Posted by JaysusCutler View Post
    The Denver Post reports that Denver running back Andre Hall ended mini-camp as the number two back and Michael Pittman as the number three.

This was on my fantasy football site, looks like Hall is doin alright.
    I honestly think Hall should be 1 and Young 2. I think Pittman should be our goal line or like 3rd & 1 or 4th &1 back

It's still really early, but there will always be a battle any of the RB positions.

I think in the end they will each have clearly defined roles. Meaning that I think that a combination of 3 or 4 running backs will see time during the coarse of the game.

Young as the starter 25-30 carries a game. Pittman as the goal-line/short yardage. And it's the other spot that I think we will see the biggest competition. The Change Of Pace back, 5-10 carries a game. Torain, Hall, and even Aldridge will battle it out to be that second option.

They will all of course compete for the starting position, but ultimately, the battle will come down to who is that 2nd back. JMO
    God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

But Pittman will be number one come the start of the season because he has huge muscles!

If that's so... wonder what the Torrain fan group is thinking now...

I don't know, maybe its just me...

But having Young start as #1, and Hall as our #2 really makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm not ready to put full confidence in any of them, each is one dimensional in their own respect, when they step on the field, we ain't foolin' nobody. I think it'd help Cutler out a lot, if he had a RB that was the total package, a guy that could strike anywhere at anytime from the backfield. That'd free up some pressure on Cutler I'd say.

Hey, there's always next off-season!

I like Andre Hall ...That also tells me that Torain is not yet ready.....It seems

Quote Originally Posted by hardcorebronco View Post
    If that's so... wonder what the Torrain fan group is thinking now...

I don't know, maybe its just me...

But having Young start as #1, and Hall as our #2 really makes me feel uncomfortable. I'm not ready to put full confidence in any of them, each is one dimensional in their own respect, when they step on the field, we ain't foolin' nobody. I think it'd help Cutler out a lot, if he had a RB that was the total package, a guy that could strike anywhere at anytime from the backfield. That'd free up some pressure on Cutler I'd say.

Hey, there's always next off-season!
    i'm still thinking Torain will be #1 or #2 by midseason

Quote Originally Posted by LarryDean View Post
    I like Andre Hall ...That also tells me that Torain is not yet ready.....It seems
    And where was TD at this point of his rookie season. They thought he'd be cut at training camp until he layed out that guy in the preseason game agianst the 49ers. He earned a ST spot, and then the rest is history.

to the original poster.....I would like the link because i looked at all the DP articles with the broncos including the blogs and there isnt any mention of hall as the number 2 in fact there isnt any mention of any of the backs reall except for selvin and pittman.

im confused you got your info from a FF site or from the denver post, please elaborate.

i would like to squash the hall thing before it gets out of proportion. its just not true because depth charts dont get set untill after training camp, he may have taken reps at number 2 but so has the rest of the backs. its way to early for a depth chart they arent even in full pads yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    And where was TD at this point of his rookie season. They thought he'd be cut at training camp until he layed out that guy in the preseason game agianst the 49ers. He earned a ST spot, and then the rest is history.
    I make no comparison between Terrell Davis and Ryan Torain other then where they was drafted....

I cant wait to see what Torain looks like his first preseason game ... I hope he can come in a contribute this year...

I have no real favorites I like them all really....

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    i'm still thinking Torain will be #1 or #2 by midseason
    I think by the beginning of the regular season Torain will be #1 or #2. I think he'll have a good preseason performance, but I hope he signs soon to get in as much practice as possible.
    Made by Houshmazode

we need to have a solid #1 that takes the bulk of the carries, with a second guy who can come in on short yardage or 3rd downs. I think Selvin is the man for the #1 position.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    MMmmmmm... memories of so long ago...

Quote Originally Posted by elevation INC View Post
    to the original poster.....I would like the link because i looked at all the DP articles with the broncos including the blogs and there isnt any mention of hall as the number 2 in fact there isnt any mention of any of the backs reall except for selvin and pittman.

im confused you got your info from a FF site or from the denver post, please elaborate.

i would like to squash the hall thing before it gets out of proportion. its just not true because depth charts dont get set untill after training camp, he may have taken reps at number 2 but so has the rest of the backs. its way to early for a depth chart they arent even in full pads yet.
    I read it somewhere already. I think it was on Rotoworld