Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How good is the Broncos Offensive line this season?

personally i feel that they will be much better as long as injuries dont plague them again,they Got younger and yet more expierencied at the same time lol.

Let me break this down for ya!

Ryan Clady will be a rock on the blind-side, he will endure some growing pains that Jay Cutler will feel as well. I think the speed of the NFL will grow on him around mid-season and he will be an absolute stud during the play-off push!!!

Ben Hamilton is the LG for now. I just hope he has fully recovered from his concussions. If he struggles (which I doubt) I think Chris Kuper is our real future at LG, we also have Dylan Gandy and Weigemann, we will be alright here no matter who is in there!

Tom Nalen, man we need just one more good year out of Tommy, I know it's asking alot as he has been so solid for so long, but he is the real key to our O-Line becoming dominant again!

Montrae Holland, I feel was our best O-Linemen last year, he's very athletic and a real road-grader at RG, he will be the starter, no ?'s asked, and he will once again be solid for a full 16 game slate!

RT is the real ? on this line, the players competing for it are Kuper, Ryan Harris, and Erik Pears. I feel that Chris Kuper will win the job based on the fact that Shanny likes him too much to leave him on the bench. I would much rather see him play LG and see Ryan Harris take the RT job, but he doesn't appear ready and may be running out of chances!

Bottom Line:
    We should have a very good starting Line-up, top 10 in the league. If we suffer injuries we are much better prepared than we were last year, I think guys like Gandy, Weigemann, and Harris or Pears can step right in and start if they're needed, we will be much better than last year and guys like Selvin Young and Ryan Torain will benefit!

im not so sure our line is one of the top ten in the league yet. it will be another year or two before we can say that. but i know it will happen

IDK, our O-line MIGHT be top ten this year. I can't think of very many lines better than ours. The main three I can think of that are better than ours are the Jets line(Ferguson, Mangold, and Faneca), the Steelers(Starks among others that are good or decent, can't remember right now), and arguably the Browns(Thomas being the main guy there). Other than those I can't think of anyone else, but someone could do better than us if something happens.
    Made by Houshmazode

As of right now I would rank the top 10 O-Lines like this!

1. Minnesota
    2. New England
    3. Indianapolis
    4. Cleveland
    5. Green Bay
    6. Dallas
    7. Carolina
    8. San Diego
    9. Jacksonville
    10 Denver

We are borderline at this point, but if they gel and stay healthy, we should agin be top 5 in rushing yards!

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    As of right now I would rank the top 10 O-Lines like this!

1. Minnesota
    2. New England
    3. Indianapolis
    4. Cleveland
    5. Green Bay
    6. Dallas
    7. Carolina
    8. San Diego
    9. Jacksonville
    10 Denver

We are borderline at this point, but if they gel and stay healthy, we should agin be top 5 in rushing yards!
    we have a rookie LT, no definite starter at RT and 2 people on the absolute end of their career. 10 is extremely generous

IMO-

The line was functional last year. It was not dominant like it had been in years past, but it was functional, which I think is a plus considering the injuries to several key starters. I think the team will build upon that experience.

I will admit that there are some question marks as there always is with veterans coming off of injuries, and with rookies, but I think we should expect them to be better than last year, and atleast better than average.

A key will be for the guys who are starting to get a lot of reps in the system in training camp and in the pre-season. I believe that will translate into success in the regular season.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Let me break this down for ya!

Ryan Clady will be a rock on the blind-side, he will endure some growing pains that Jay Cutler will feel as well. I think the speed of the NFL will grow on him around mid-season and he will be an absolute stud during the play-off push!!!

Ben Hamilton is the LG for now. I just hope he has fully recovered from his concussions. If he struggles (which I doubt) I think Chris Kuper is our real future at LG, we also have Dylan Gandy and Weigemann, we will be alright here no matter who is in there!

Tom Nalen, man we need just one more good year out of Tommy, I know it's asking alot as he has been so solid for so long, but he is the real key to our O-Line becoming dominant again!

Montrae Holland, I feel was our best O-Linemen last year, he's very athletic and a real road-grader at RG, he will be the starter, no ?'s asked, and he will once again be solid for a full 16 game slate!

RT is the real ? on this line, the players competing for it are Kuper, Ryan Harris, and Erik Pears. I feel that Chris Kuper will win the job based on the fact that Shanny likes him too much to leave him on the bench. I would much rather see him play LG and see Ryan Harris take the RT job, but he doesn't appear ready and may be running out of chances!

Bottom Line:
    We should have a very good starting Line-up, top 10 in the league. If we suffer injuries we are much better prepared than we were last year, I think guys like Gandy, Weigemann, and Harris or Pears can step right in and start if they're needed, we will be much better than last year and guys like Selvin Young and Ryan Torain will benefit!
    I feel people are having high thoughts on Clady, I donīt think he will be ready to play a starting role this season. Most of the time, Shanahan lets his rookie offensive linemen sit, to learn the system and mature into the NFL. I donīt think he will be any "rock" this year, it will be hard for him to even get to start.

as for Ben Hamilton, I doubt that Weigman is brought in to replace him in the lineups, more to get an insurence if Nalen is not ready to play at opening day.

Montrae Holland might have been up to par last year, but last year, but we had a hurt veteran at left tackle 3rd string at left guard, a 2nd string at center and a firstyear starter at right tackle, Anyone should be able to shine that way.

I donīt get it why people are hyping Kuper to start at RT. Shanahan mentioned that he could play tackle, in a press conference right after the end of the season, because he didnīt know how the tackle situation would look like and that he liked the versitality of Kuper, but I think that the starters in the opening day will be Pears and Harris, Eventually, Clady will take over for one of those, but not by start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by bjoli198 View Post
    I feel people are having high thoughts on Clady, I donīt think he will be ready to play a starting role this season. Most of the time, Shanahan lets his rookie offensive linemen sit, to learn the system and mature into the NFL. I donīt think he will be any "rock" this year, it will be hard for him to even get to start.

as for Ben Hamilton, I doubt that Weigman is brought in to replace him in the lineups, more to get an insurence if Nalen is not ready to play at opening day.

Montrae Holland might have been up to par last year, but last year, but we had a hurt veteran at left tackle 3rd string at left guard, a 2nd string at center and a firstyear starter at right tackle, Anyone should be able to shine that way.

I donīt get it why people are hyping Kuper to start at RT. Shanahan mentioned that he could play tackle, in a press conference right after the end of the season, because he didnīt know how the tackle situation would look like and that he liked the versitality of Kuper, but I think that the starters in the opening day will be Pears and Harris, Eventually, Clady will take over for one of those, but not by start of the season.
    Normally Shanny doesnt draft linemen in the first either. Clady will start.

I dont believe Kuper will be playing tackle. I do believe that Harris will win the spot, and Pears will back him up.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Offensive Line.

Quote Originally Posted by draco193 View Post
    Normally Shanny doesnt draft linemen in the first either. Clady will start.

I dont believe Kuper will be playing tackle. I do believe that Harris will win the spot, and Pears will back him up.
    It's a hard and fast OL rule that you start your best five. If indeed Ryan Harris is in that group, then fine, if not ...
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    It's a hard and fast OL rule that you start your best five. If indeed Ryan Harris is in that group, then fine, if not ...
    Definitley. I just dont think Kuper is the best RT we have. I do think Kuper will be the best LG we have by the end of the season though.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Quote Originally Posted by draco193 View Post
    Definitley. I just dont think Kuper is the best RT we have. I do think Kuper will be the best LG we have by the end of the season though.
    You're a good bro, draco, and very Draconian, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

How good is the Broncos?
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by bjoli198 View Post

Most of this is wrong.

That's because most of the time they are picked in the late rounds and forced to use better technique to counter their smaller size and lesser athletic ability. Clady has wowed coaches and players alike with his quick feet and athletic ability. It would be a major disappointment if he couldn't come in and compete right away. That's why he was drafted so high and called the best pure LT in the draft. He will start from day one.

Weigman was brought in to add depth at C after we let Myers slip away to the Texans. Not to push Hamilton to start. Hamilton is the LG unless his concussion resurfaces or is somehow beaten out, which isn't going to happen.

Holland was brought in last year to play RG, injuries didn't affect his status what so ever. If you're saying that he looked good only by comparison - maybe - but he did good enough to warrant a starting job this year and shocked a lot of people with quick adaptation to the system.

People are hyping Cuper to start at RT because that's where Shanahan has him and he is running with the first team with Harris currently behind him. Cuper may be better suited to play guard but he is strong and quick and Shanahan wants him in the line up. Harris will have to have an amazing camp to by pass Cuper and put the coaches at ease that he isn't struggling with last years injuries.

Watch Shanahan's press interviews and you would know all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie Man View Post
    IDK, our O-line MIGHT be top ten this year. I can't think of very many lines better than ours. The main three I can think of that are better than ours are the Jets line(Ferguson, Mangold, and Faneca), the Steelers(Starks among others that are good or decent, can't remember right now), and arguably the Browns(Thomas being the main guy there). Other than those I can't think of anyone else, but someone could do better than us if something happens.
    Steelers gave up 47 sacks last year, definitely not them. But...

Browns
    Chargers
    Jets
    Patriots
    Vikings
    Cowboys
    Colts
    Packers
    Saints
    Giants
    Eagles

All have better lines, and you could make cases for other teams as well.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.