Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

KC has no standing policy. HA, HA, HA!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...?urn=nfl,91291

I'm sorry but if there was a no standing policy in Denver there would be riots...Maybe.

My guess is that it wont last long. After a few games of the fans making little effect on opposing QB's play calls and snap counts, I think they'll come to their senses. I can't imagine fans being able to make near the noise when sitting all game. One, the energy level has got to be a lot lower. And to really be able to make some noise I need to be standing. Well hopefully we'll take a game away from them in Arrowhead two years in a row.

Broncos.......

I have heard stories about Invesco's Wine and Cheese section complaining about fans standing, yelling whatever.

If I paid the money for my seat, I should be able to choose whether or not my back side needs to actually be in it at all times.

I remember old Mile High Stadium where the fans would actually yell at you if you were sitting down and NOT yelling and screaming.

IT'S MADNESS!!!
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

What makes me upset, is old people, or adults that go to broncos games, or any sporting event, and aren't there to cheer on the team, but just to drink beer and chat. Thats what a bar is for

I bet they don't have to enforce that rule very much these days. About the only reason to stand up during a Ch**fs game these days is so you can start walking for the parking lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    FF is awesome!

First the Chefs try to pass a rule banning long hair on players.

Now they are trying to keep people from standing during games.

I'll bet they are as I type working up wording for a rule requiring everyone at Arrowhead must stick their pinky out whilst drinking a beverage. Non-alcoholic of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatlander Fan View Post
    I bet they don't have to enforce that rule very much these days. About the only reason to stand up during a Ch**fs game these days is so you can start walking for the parking lot.
    Heheheheheheh.. CP! Oh wait...

We were just discussing this amongst co-workers.

Look at Seattle. They actually promote the noise factor with their traditional 12th Man flag raising before each game. Not sure if their fans are sitting down or not but I highly doubt it.

They know how to rock-n-roll up in Washington.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    We were just discussing this amongst co-workers.

Look at Seattle. They actually promote the noise factor with their traditional 12th Man flag raising before each game. Not sure if their fans are sitting down or not but I highly doubt it.

They know how to rock-n-roll up in Washington.
    Id be afriad to stand up in the stadium with the sheer drop to the next row. Ever see it. Looks almost straight up and down.

What a joke! It gives me more incentive to be louder on September 29
    my new sig.jpg
    Team Tebow #53
    2011 Adopted Posters: Frenchy180 and BroncoFanNC

hahaha thats sad..... i hate when i go to games and its only me and my friend standing up and cheering in the whole row....... also i hate when we win games and you want to high five fellow bronco fans they look at you like you are on crack

I emailed this to my friend up in Denver that I used to sit with at Mile High Stadium. He said you should post this so here it goes. Another old timer's reaction:

How lame.......I remember the good'ol days at Mile High while "standing" in the south stands screaming my lungs out. Hell, it was our job. We would even get the other 70,000 + fans going. Those were the day's when working class people, like me, could afford tickets. I can remember the day's when we could just rattle the opposing team with the noise. It made the Bronco's what they were. It would pump the team up to hear us and give the opposing team a incredible disadvantage. I can remember many miss-snap's, offsides, illegal procedures and time-outs being called by the QB. Heck we would start screaming when the other team was in the huddle trying to call a play....we wouldn't wait for them to come to the line or scrimmage.

Let's go to the now, at Invesco field, which really pisses me off. Upper class pricks on their cell phones, not paying attention to the game, sitting on their butts not caring if we win or loose. In my opinion, the Bronco's have never been the same.......with these "ho-hum" fans.

You must have the passion and intensity for this game. For both the players and the fans ***sheesh***

Bronco fan missing the good'ol days....

How lame.......I remember the good'ol days at Mile High while "standing" in the south stands screaming my lungs out. Hell, it was our job. We would even get the other 70,000 + fans going. Those were the day's when working class people, like me, could afford tickets. I can remember the day's when we could just rattle the opposing team with the noise. It made the Bronco's what they were. It would pump the team up to hear us and give the opposing team a incredible disadvantage. I can remember many miss-snap's, offsides, illegal procedures and time-outs being called by the QB. Heck we would start screaming when the other team was in the huddle trying to call a play....we wouldn't wait for them to come to the line or scrimmage.

Let's go to the now, at Invesco field, which really pisses me off. Upper class pricks on their cell phones, not paying attention to the game, sitting on their butts not caring if we win or loose. In my opinion, the Bronco's have never been the same.......with these "ho-hum" fans.

You must have the passion and intensity for this game. For both the players and the fans ***sheesh***

he is right I sit in section 111 and section 518 through out the whole season the broncos have the same conduct policy ITS A FOOTBALL GAME STAY AT HOME IF YOUR NOT GOING TO SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT !!!
    "January 25, 1998: The night God answered our prayers

rofl when i saw the title "kc has no standing policy" i kinda threw me off. i was like we have a standing policy? think you should have put "kc has A no standing policy aw well that just means i laugh even more when i open it
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiemac730 View Post
    Those were the day's when working class people, like me, could afford tickets.

Let's go to the now, at EVERY STADIUM, which really pisses me off. Upper class pricks on their cell phones, not paying attention to the game, sitting on their butts not caring if we win or loose. In my opinion, the LEAGUE has never been the same.......with these "ho-hum" fans.

Took some liberties with your post, hope you don't mind, but it resonated with me that this is not isolated to one or two teams (or even to the NFL).

Same problem all over the place in professional sports these days. Stadiums and arenas are all about making money for the owners who have to shell out the mega-bucks to pay the athletes. That's why acoustics are changed, seating becomes more "luxurious" and "fans" actually go to games for business purposes instead of to watch games.

I remember going to Bulls & Blackhawk games in the old Chicago stadium. The place was deafening. A pit, but deafening. The United Center, on the other hand, is a very nice facility but is not the incredibly loud arena that the old Stadium was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic3233 View Post
    FF is awesome!

This has been blown out of proportion. There really isn't a "no standing" policy. It is only a policy against excessive/constant standing. And the rule isn't anything new, it has been a policy of the team for years. The only reason it is now in writing is that the NFL has asked all 32 teams to implement a formal Fan Code of Conduct.
    "And we all know that stats don't mean anything if you don't have the wins to back them up"-ChampWJ

It's a good thing Jay Cutler was a proven winner in college. Oh wait, nevermind.