Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Star Wars: The Old Republic

http://www.portfolio.com/views/blogs...e-old-republic

N. Evan Van Zelfden in Los Angeles warns, watch out World of Warcraft. In an interview at E3 this week, Electronic Arts chief executive John Riccitiello said that EA is working on the next version of Star Wars game Knights of the Old Republic, and it will most certainly have a massively multiplayer online component to it.

"We've got two of the most compelling MMOs in the industry in development," said Riccitiello. The first title, based on the Warhammer property, will launch soon. "And the one that people are dying for us to talk to them about -- in partnership with Lucas, coming out of BioWare, which is, I think, quite possibly the most anticipated game, full stop, for the industry at the point when we get closer to telling you about it."

Does Riccitiello mean the oft rumored Knights of the Old Republic Online? "Yes," he said.
    I have personally been anticipating this ever since bioware austin first announced they are making a new MMO, yes i am a dork but i love the bioware starwars games!

This game shall be thee ish!

PSN & XBL: Vicious2500
    You Shed Tears of Scarlet

Quote Originally Posted by SM19 View Post
    I was really hoping for another epic single-player RPG. Time constraints make it unlikely that I'll even be able to play a KotOR MMO.
    Yeah, no kidding.

However the quote says it'll have an MMO 'component' so maybe it'll be like Hellgate: London or the Diablo series
    Rest in Peace, Darrent and Damien. You will be forever in our thoughts

Uggh! Why does it have to be a MMORPG? Final Fantasy XI nearly ruined my life by sucking it up, even when I run errands for people in Grand Theft Auto IV I'm like, "Hey, I have REAL errands to run! Why am I playing this game?". Maybe I'm getting older, or maybe I'm just afraid a Knights of the Old Republic MMORPG will be my new drug. I just wish those types of games were more friendly for solo playing...I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

I liked the KOTOR games but I wont be playing any MMORPGs.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Uggh! Why does it have to be a MMORPG? Final Fantasy XI nearly ruined my life by sucking it up, even when I run errands for people in Grand Theft Auto IV I'm like, "Hey, I have REAL errands to run! Why am I playing this game?". Maybe I'm getting older, or maybe I'm just afraid a Knights of the Old Republic MMORPG will be my new drug. I just wish those types of games were more friendly for solo playing...I'll have to keep an eye on this one.
    i am sure it will be, the newer mmo's have been getting more mainstream, which means more casual friendly.

personally, i am able to play mmorpg's and not get sucked in. i learned my lessen with everquest, i just dont join any endgame guilds and i am fine.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i am sure it will be, the newer mmo's have been getting more mainstream, which means more casual friendly.

personally, i am able to play mmorpg's and not get sucked in. i learned my lessen with everquest, i just dont join any endgame guilds and i am fine.
    Duly noted.

I'm playing my first MMO in "Age of Conan"
    Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by LordTrychon View Post
    Duly noted.

I'm playing my first MMO in "Age of Conan"
    my computer is too old to play that game, heard it was pretty good though.
    i am going to upgrade soon hopefully.

Dammit. The last game I had time to sit down and play was Final Fantasy VIII. I just don't have the time anymore and this would be a game that would consume my life and probably cause a divorce.

But I agree with Mastershake, I want solo friendly online games. I am not an online/play with others type UNLESS it was people I know personally. That's why World Of Warcraft is not for me even though I would like to try it out. My brother in law though, mayor of geek city.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Dammit. The last game I had time to sit down and play was Final Fantasy VIII. I just don't have the time anymore and this would be a game that would consume my life and probably cause a divorce.

But I agree with Mastershake, I want solo friendly online games. I am not an online/play with others type UNLESS it was people I know personally. That's why World Of Warcraft is not for me even though I would like to try it out. My brother in law though, mayor of geek city.
    LOL yeah if you are not able to play these games in moderation i wouldn't suggest playing them at all.

but like i said before, games like world of warcraft are really solo friendly as long as you dont join any "raiding guilds".

that is when it stops being a game and becomes a full time job.

that said, i can almost guarantee that a bioware mmo being published by EA will indeed be solo/casual friendly.

it has to be if they want their game to be mainstream and have good subscription numbers, that is where the money is at with these "MMO's"

my computer is too old to play that game, heard it was pretty good though.
    i am going to upgrade soon hopefully.
    Brand new Dell XPS...

According to Vista, the required rating is 4.0 and the optimal rating is 4.8. My brand new expensive laptop is a 4.5.

Thanks, Reid!

Click on my sig to read JetRazor's and my story. Or PM me with any questions.

LOL yeah if you are not able to play these games in moderation i wouldn't suggest playing them at all.

but like i said before, games like world of warcraft are really solo friendly as long as you dont join any "raiding guilds".

that is when it stops being a game and becomes a full time job.

that said, i can almost guarantee that a bioware mmo being published by EA will indeed be solo/casual friendly.

it has to be if they want their game to be mainstream and have good subscription numbers, that is where the money is at with these "MMO's"
    A friend of mine has a full time job as a manager but has his 2-3 nightly raids. He's 36. And he told me about a convention they're having where he's going, and I know alot of cosplay and dorkdom extraordinaire will be present at this mass dweeb gathering. Funny thing is, I would obsess over things like these 10 years ago, but even if I wanted to today, I couldn't. I have World of Warcraft here but never installed it. I know myself, I would spend hours building up my character and lose everything my life has to offer.

so what did people think about the E3 showing? did everyone catch the new cinematic trailer? http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...ematic-trailer
    Last edited by baphamet; 06-23-2010 at 11:21 PM.

so what did people think about the E3 showing? did everyone catch the new cinematic trailer? http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...ematic-trailer
    my buddy is really stoked about it...he made me watch the trailers from last year and this year. it does look pretty sick...

however, if they're going to pull a WoW, Age of Conan or anything where you have to pay an EXTRA monthly fee after already shelling out $40-$50 bucks then it's a shame i'll never get to play it.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco View Post
    my buddy is really stoked about it...he made me watch the trailers from last year and this year. it does look pretty sick...

however, if they're going to pull a WoW, Age of Conan or anything where you have to pay an EXTRA monthly fee after already shelling out $40-$50 bucks then it's a shame i'll never get to play it.
    i hear ya man, some people don't want to pay that monthly fee. but when you consider that the amount of content these types of games have and the re playability, you just cant get that with most free games.

some MMORPG'S are not worth it, actually most of them are not. but games like wow and hopefully swtor are because you end up playing those games exclusively for months (if not years) and are not buying other games anyways.

besides, you will likely get the first month free anyways which is more than most people play free games anyhow.

JMO