Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 392
  1. #346
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,731
    Quote Originally Posted by MHSalute View Post
    That is about how long an MMO is good for...3 months. Then the next MMO release rolls out and servers become ghost towns, or players bail back to WOW/EQ2/LOTR.

    How is the community? Have not really had that great community feel since EQ/Ultima. WOW was okay for a while in the end game, but after a couple weeks it was just a grind and all gear score.

    Someday a really good sandbox will come out, still waiting.

    When the F is Guild Wars 2 coming out...at least the PVP arena's were fun.
    mmo communities will never be the same again, they are too main stream now. before wow mmo communities were great because only a certain type of gamer played them.

    now that is all over unless you play older games. any new mmo that comes out that has any success will have a bad community no matter what.

    your only hope is to be in a good guild and just ignore everyone else or kill them lol

    i will never forget that great community in EQ and Daoc

    by the way, what makes you think gw2 will be any different?

  2. #347
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    The GW2 beta hits in March. So I'd imagine it comes out towards the end of Spring.
    i would say fall at the soonest. if they only allowed for a few months of beta that game will be riddled with bugs and have a very rough launch.

    most mmo's have a 6 month beta cycle at least.

  3. #348
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,731
    Quote Originally Posted by Vhailor View Post
    You're not the only one who feels that way; a friend of mine in the guild feels absolutely screwed over ebcause of the changes.
    i have seen a lot of nerfs in a lot of games but this one has to rank up there in one of the most questionable i have seen.

    its going to ruin that talent specialization in pve without a doubt. they must be okay with it being stickily a pvp specialization(and soon to be not a very good one) because even now before the nerfs it is inferior to lethality in pve.

    if i was only a pve'er i would probably just respec heals or lethality but i love to pvp and the class is ruined now in pvp.

    i can understand if they want to nerf the burst but they need to compensate it somewhere else because that is what they do, its their bread and butter and you just nerfed like 30% of their damage at least and they already didn't do the best damage overall.

    mark my words they will have to rebuff that class soon after nerfing it lol

  4. #349
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    4,669
    Anyone play on the Sith Meditation Sphere Empire side?
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

  5. #350
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    4,669
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i am re-rolling because of that hellish nerf.

    i already play the least played class in the game yet its the only one to get nerfed? not only nerfed but an extremely bad nerf.

    yet the sith sorc can heal and dps better than anyone and its no wonder that its the most played class in the game.
    Bah you guys needed a nerf on your burst it was hell in PvP come on you know you did.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

  6. #351
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,731
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post
    Bah you guys needed a nerf on your burst it was hell in PvP come on you know you did.
    sure, right out of stealth they are powerful but after that they pretty much sucked then and they really do now.

    my operative is heals now and he still sucks lol

    oh well, at least i can play a BH or a SI and can be the most powerful class in the game without fears of getting nerfed.

    that said, i rolled a commando alt and its ridiculous how bad ass he is in almost every situation.

  7. #352
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Posts
    4,669
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    sure, right out of stealth they are powerful but after that they pretty much sucked then and they really do now.

    my operative is heals now and he still sucks lol

    oh well, at least i can play a BH or a SI and can be the most powerful class in the game without fears of getting nerfed.

    that said, i rolled a commando alt and its ridiculous how bad ass he is in almost every situation.
    I can't get into the alt thing I just play my Sith Warrior. Was raiding but after HM's I was bored so I went Rage spec and War Zone it pretty much all the time, 5.5k crits from smash is fun.
    https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/s4pltBb35iBlrpYyfA6PTSXU4bI=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2924184/cj.0.gif

  8. #353
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,731
    Quote Originally Posted by nickmeyer View Post
    I can't get into the alt thing I just play my Sith Warrior. Was raiding but after HM's I was bored so I went Rage spec and War Zone it pretty much all the time, 5.5k crits from smash is fun.
    right on, i love the stories, i gotta see em all lol

  9. #354
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,731

    Upcoming in SWTOR-1.2 and Beyond!

    http://feature.mmosite.com/swtor/upc...d_beyond.shtml

    cannot wait for this patch, that is a ton of content and needed changes.

    i especially like the focus on improving pvp which IMO needs the most attention because its not very good in its current state.

  10. #355
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    6,478
    I do enjoy this game quite a bit. I gained the 50th level today as my Jedi Sentinel.
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

  11. #356
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,731
    Quote Originally Posted by The Hamburgler View Post
    I do enjoy this game quite a bit. I gained the 50th level today as my Jedi Sentinel.
    congrats!

  12. #357
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,731

    weekend trial is here

    http://www.swtor.com/weekendpass

    in case anyone is interested

  13. #358
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    11,067
    Played the 4 day demo this weekend some. Got to level 18 consular. Love everything about it except the core of the game. Guess I'm just looking for something new or cutting edge or something.

    The story parts and conversations are great, but I was already finding myself spacing through them. Could have been partly the limited time I could play, too, but I was getting a little bored.

  14. #359
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    29,731
    Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Played the 4 day demo this weekend some. Got to level 18 consular. Love everything about it except the core of the game. Guess I'm just looking for something new or cutting edge or something.

    The story parts and conversations are great, but I was already finding myself spacing through them. Could have been partly the limited time I could play, too, but I was getting a little bored.
    i told ya man, remember when i said "as long as you don't mind it being similar to wow"?

    did you try and flashpoints? the republic side is a lot more boring for me because there are less people.

    i also don't like the limited open world pvp

    still a cool game and a better alternative to wow IMO

  15. #360
    theMileHighGuy is offline
    ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    away from home
    Posts
    11,067
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    i told ya man, remember when i said "as long as you don't mind it being similar to wow"?

    did you try and flashpoints? the republic side is a lot more boring for me because there are less people.

    i also don't like the limited open world pvp

    still a cool game and a better alternative to wow IMO
    I definitely remember that convo, I didn't imagine it would be a carbon copy with a couple tweaks.

    Yeah me and 3 others tried to do the one on the ship when you travel the hard way to Coruscant, but it didn't go well. I was really shocked how few were playing alliance. I did join a light traffic server, but there was only like 25 people in Coruscant when I got there. I got bored getting my ass handed to me in pvp so I didn't do much of that.

    Not sure how I felt about the companions either, all in all though the game is still pretty good. I don't think I could put a lot of time and effort into it though.
    Last edited by theMileHighGuy; 03-27-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •