Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Now down to 1 kicker

I know there is already a huge thread on the article saying Bell will be cut, but everyone there seemed to miss (in the same article) that kicker Garrett Hartley was also cut today. I don't know if this means that the Broncos feel that Matt Prater is their guy, or just that Hartley isn't. I'm not at all shocked that he didn't make the final roster, but I'm kinda surprised that it happened before training camp even started.
    Last edited by sdinner10; 07-21-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: previous post made it sound like Hartley was another RB

2/3 of the earth is covered by water, the remaining 1/3 is covered by Champ Bailey

I guess that means I hafta get off the "Hartley for RB" wagon, eh? It's okay... I was the only one on it and it was kinda lonely...

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    I guess that means I hafta get off the "Hartley for RB" wagon, eh? It's okay... I was the only one on it and it was kinda lonely...
    haha, woops, I was just refering to the fact that it was in the same article as bell and that everyone missed it. But hey, isn't shannahan able to pull anyone off the streets and make them a 1000 yard back? Why not a kicker?

2/3 of the earth is covered by water, the remaining 1/3 is covered by Champ Bailey

Wow, I think we need to bring in a free agent kicker or 2, this Prater guy has been named our starter? He barely has any NFL experience. This makes me nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by svpearson View Post
    Wow, I think we need to bring in a free agent kicker or 2, this Prater guy has been named our starter? He barely has any NFL experience. This makes me nervous.
    You really don't need much experience to kick a football between two posts. Just takes practice and good work ethic.
    LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE...

R.I.P. HEATH LEDGER (1979-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJackal View Post
    You really don't need much experience to kick a football between two posts. Just takes practice and good work ethic.

I think that is true for practice, but making big game decision making kicks is something altogether different. I sure hope this guy is decent, but I still prefer they sign a veteran kicker just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by sdinner10 View Post
    I know there is already a huge thread on the article saying Bell will be cut, but everyone there seemed to miss (in the same article) that kicker Garrett Hartley was also cut today. I don't know if this means that the Broncos feel that Matt Prater is their guy, or just that Hartley isn't. I'm not at all shocked that he didn't make the final roster, but I'm kinda surprised that it happened before training camp even started.

Yeah, almost the exact same question ran through my mind.

So I don't know whether to feel good about this, or not. ...My gut feeling is not.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by sbutk View Post
    Yeah, almost the exact same question ran through my mind.

So I don't know whether to feel good about this, or not. ...My gut feeling is not.

Don't worry, if the coaches didn't feel comfortable with Prater they wouldn't have cut Hartley.

We better be able to put ball games away with our offense... I'm not sold on Matt Prater at all.

Which free agent kicker do you think we should aquire??? (for those who dont think Prater can do it)
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

I think the Kicking job is Praters to lose and he is going to be on a very short leash. If he doesn't cut it during preseason games, another kicker will quickly be brought in.

Lets go for some Euro soccer player... Eh? Eh?

I want a kicker "project" once...

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Lets go for some Euro soccer player... Eh? Eh?

I want a kicker "project" once...

Like in The Replacements!

Quote Originally Posted by svpearson View Post
    Elam was a rookie when he started...that turned out ok.

The Broncos have been pretty fortunate in my lifetime to have had some pretty steady kicking. They had Jim Turner when I was young. Fred Steinfort lasted a year or so but he was good. Rich Karlis followed and was around many years until he developed a little attitude. David Treadwell was next and his time with the Broncos was not bad. Then we drafted the legendary Jason Elam. We have not had a lot of down kicking time like we've had with the punters of late. Let's hope the kicking tradition stays good.
    Last edited by Orange Blue Man; 07-21-2008 at 08:34 PM.