Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Blue Man View Post
    I think the Kicking job is Praters to lose and he is going to be on a very short leash. If he doesn't cut it during preseason games, another kicker will quickly be brought in.
    What have we become??? With our weak Oline, and our inability to score in the red zone. We are going into the season with a Kicker that has no experience? What the hell is Shanny thinking? If this guy sucks it is going to cost us a lot of games.

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    What have we become??? With our weak Oline, and our inability to score in the red zone. We are going into the season with a Kicker that has no experience? What the hell is Shanny thinking? If this guy sucks it is going to cost us a lot of games.
    And yet, Denver has yet to play a game this season. Seriously, dude, can you roll off the gloom?

Prater looked strong in the offseason, which is all that he can do to this point. The Oline may not be weak this season - how about we find out before making declarations? If the Oline is stronger this season, do ya think it might improve the red zone scoring? What ever Shanahan is thinking, he's doing so with a LOT more information than either of us possess and more proven success.

All the fans have at this point is guessing until the season starts and you've already began exclaiming Denver losses. That's how you want to approach a new season? Really?

Prater has attempted 4 field goals in his career, he missed 3 of them. In college he choked away the game tying extra point, that would have sent the game into over time.

I'm just not sold on him.

As for kickers that are available, there's not really any available right now. BUT, the good news is either Olindo Mare or Brandon Coutu should come available before the season starts, because they are both currently on Seattle's roster. Unless they are keeping 2 kickers.

Art Carmody is still available, Art was given the Lou Groza award in 2006, which is given to the nations top kicker in college. I'm sure he wouldn't mind leaving the Shreveport-Bossier City BattleWings(af2) to come play in the NFL. He's not that great on the distance, but his nickname was "Art-O-Matic" for his accuracy on the closer kicks.

And Shane Longest (what a great name for a kicker) was just released by the Bears.

That's pretty much the only options I know of.
    God Bless D. Williams and D. Nash. May their family and friends find peace in knowing that they were both truly loved by all. And they shall never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncsOwnU View Post
    Prater has attempted 4 field goals in his career, he missed 3 of them. In college he choked away the game tying extra point, that would have sent the game into over time.

I'm just not sold on him.

I don't think anyone is sold on him until he steps in and wins a game/s. But, he impressed the coaches enough to dismiss his competition, for now. Plus, I'm confident that the staff is following the names you mentioned, and hopefully others, just in case Prater snarfs a kick that he should make in a game.

Garret Hartley was worthless to begin with. there was no chance he was an upgrade over prater. this is good news to me as i never like the pick to begin with. i am sure we will be looking for a veteran or even someone else, if prater looks horrible in the preseason and TC

Quote Originally Posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    Like in The Replacements!
    Or get a rugby kicker. Because they can tackle too

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

from NFL.com these are the free agent kickers available

Morten Anderson
    Mitch Berger
    John Carney
    Aaron Elling

Quote Originally Posted by mx_stiles13 View Post
    Don't worry, if the coaches didn't feel comfortable with Prater they wouldn't have cut Hartley.

That occurred to me as well, I just don't like putting all our eggs in one basket, I guess.

...I hope my gut feeling turns out to be wrong.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They're your teammates, now.
    Best of luck, TT!
    ...Always a class act - in any uniform.

sbutk: i can see why Denver is taking TO's right now [trailing by 7, with 30 seconds left in the half]. but why Oakland???

Captain Lori: You are trying to figure out the Raiders. Try figuring out women instead; it's probably much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by svpearson View Post
    Wow, I think we need to bring in a free agent kicker or 2, this Prater guy has been named our starter? He barely has any NFL experience. This makes me nervous.
    But look how many undrafted kickers have become the latest in NFL stars the last few years. You don't need NFL experience to succeed in the league as a kicker.

I know what thing. I REALLY liked his kick offs last season.

I've been telling you guys all along that we are not going to carry a kicker.

We will have a punter that can carry kick-off duties and just go for it evertime we are inside the 40, and always go for 2, just like back in high school!

No seriously though, I think we will sign a guy right before TC to compete with Prater, but I think Shanny really thinks Prater is the guy.

I did read like a month ago that Prater was nursing a hmastring or something, is this a worry!

seeing as how we had to have a myriad of people punting and kicking off while elam only handled field goals, i would think that mike doesnt want to keep more than one kicker.....
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by bronco1263 View Post
    And yet, Denver has yet to play a game this season. Seriously, dude, can you roll off the gloom?

Prater looked strong in the offseason, which is all that he can do to this point. The Oline may not be weak this season - how about we find out before making declarations? If the Oline is stronger this season, do ya think it might improve the red zone scoring? What ever Shanahan is thinking, he's doing so with a LOT more information than either of us possess and more proven success.

All the fans have at this point is guessing until the season starts and you've already began exclaiming Denver losses. That's how you want to approach a new season? Really?
    Wow...You mean he can kick in shorts!!! Hold the phone. Of course he has hit 25% of the kicks he has attempted in the NFL.....But yeah this guy sounds like a all -pro. Just so you know...Kicking a FG in the offseason is like shooting hoops in the Driveway. When there is no one in front of you it makes then a lot easier. Also anyone got his college stats? What kinda leg this guy got??

As for the line.....No I still think that they are going to suck. We sucked last year with nalen, so I am not counting on him helping. Hamilton will be an improvement, but some people act like this guy is elite lvl talent...He is far from it. Clady is a total wildcard. I think all you guys that expect him to play well are crazy. It is a huge leap going from the WAC to the NFL. You are nieve if you expect him to step in like Joe Thomas did.

So to sum up.....I think there are going to be a lot of pissed off fans when this kicker is clanking 30 yarders off the goal post and we are losing games by 3

"Da Gloom"

Quote Originally Posted by bronco1263 View Post
    LOL, Jap is just about as bitter as a stale pint of IPA at the local micro-brewery and an armchair coach who thinks his the next coming of Belichick, if they'd only give him a chance.

Down Right Pissed...

Wow...You mean he can kick in shorts!!! Hold the phone. Of course he has hit 25% of the kicks he has attempted in the NFL.....But yeah this guy sounds like a all -pro. Just so you know...Kicking a FG in the offseason is like shooting hoops in the Driveway. When there is no one in front of you it makes then a lot easier. Also anyone got his college stats? What kinda leg this guy got??

As for the line.....No I still think that they are going to suck. We sucked last year with nalen, so I am not counting on him helping. Hamilton will be an improvement, but some people act like this guy is elite lvl talent...He is far from it. Clady is a total wildcard. I think all you guys that expect him to play well are crazy. It is a huge leap going from the WAC to the NFL. You are nieve if you expect him to step in like Joe Thomas did.

So to sum up.....I think there are going to be a lot of pissed off fans when this kicker is clanking 30 yarders off the goal post and we are losing games by 3
    Or we could all be as "glass half empty" as you are and believe that we could do a better job of putting an NFL team together.....are you even coaching Pop Warner?

Nalen was injured last season.