Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jack Williams Agrees to Terms!!!!!

And then there were two.

The Broncos on Tuesday agreed to a four-year contract with fourth-round pick Jack Williams, leaving only the first-day duo of April draftees remaining on their pre-camp, to-do list.

Williams, a cornerback from Kent State, was the 119th overall selection and the second of two Denver fourth-round picks. Center Kory Lichtensteiger reached terms Monday.

Williams will vie for a reserve/special-teams role with the Broncos initially but likely will factor into the long-term plans of the team with both cornerbacks Domonique Foxworth and Karl Paymah scheduled to become unrestricted free agents after the 2008 season.

Williams (5-foot-9, 181 pounds) totaled 20 takeaways, including 13 interceptions, in 44 career games during his college career. He’s coming off a senior season in which he had an individual-best 93 tackles (70 solo) and three interceptions as an 11-game starter. Williams tied for first in the nation with five forced fumbles as a junior.

The Broncos are continuing negotiations with first-round pick Ryan Clady, a tackle out of Boise State, ands second-rounder Eddie Royal, a Virginia Tech receiver.

The team is confident both will be in the fold by Thursday afternoon’s initial meeting and will participate in the first two-a-day practice session of camp Friday.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/new...rback-wiliams/
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

sweet. and i never really payed that much attention to offseason before this year, but does shannahan usually like to sign draftp icks from the bottom up?
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

Good news!

J-Will aka D-Will #2

Quote Originally Posted by broncos1997 View Post
    sweet. and i never really payed that much attention to offseason before this year, but does shannahan usually like to sign draftp icks from the bottom up?
    Most teams do it that way. The guys at the bottom get much less money, and you dont need to see what guys around their pick are getting.

I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

Sweet...hopefully we can sign everyone and aviod any pre-season holdouts.

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

**Team Signature Compliments of Stand Ablaze**

I think that's just how it usually works out because it's easier for teams to sign the lower picks. The higher picks tend to wait longer to sign, almost like they're playing chicken to see who will sign first. Once players start signing, the ones that were drafted, at around the same spot as someone who has already signed, start to agree to contracts that are similar.

I hope they can get Clady and Royal in on time. I would hate to see Clady lose his starting job by rubbing Shanahan the wrong way. Not that he wouldn't win the job back once training camp and the preseason are over, I just don't want there to be any kind of distractions for him or the team.
    Last edited by broncolee; 07-22-2008 at 11:49 AM.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I think that's just how it usually works out because it's easier for teams to sign the lower picks. The higher picks tend to wait longer to sign, almost like they're playing chicken to see who will sign first. Once players start signing, the ones that were drafted at around the same spot as someone who has already signed start to agree to contracts that are similar.

I hope they can get Clady and Royal in on time. I would hate to see Clady lose his starting job by rubbing Shanahan the wrong way. Not that he wouldn't win the job back once training camp and the preseason are over, I just don't want there to be any kind of distractions for him or the team.
    oh. ok thanks that makes since. (and thanks to draco)

but i kinda doubt either of them will hold out. royal seems like a good team player and clady came from a small school. (well, somewhat small)
    disclaimer: if the above post appears to contain outrageously illogical content, ITS PROBABLY SARCASM

I heard a rumor that the other two will get done tonight

Suh-muthafriggin-weet!!!

Great news! Royal and Clady will have their deals soon, don't worry!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481226

BRONCOS!

HOKIES

GO STL CARDINALS!!!
    11 TIME CHAMPS!!!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.– John 3: 16 (KJV)

Maybe Shanny receives interest on the money. So he likes to hold onto it for as long as he can. Better to hand out the lower rounds chump change before he has to divvy up the high rounder's big bucks. All I know is he always gets it done close to Training camp.

Agents don't like to have their clients sign until they know what the market is. They are after all hired to finalcially take care of the players' interests. For lower round picks it is pretty much cut and dried. They take the previous year's signing bonus and increase it by the amound that the cap will increase. The only haggling is upon how many years the contract is for and the resulting pay each year.

However, with the first and second round picks there is more lee- way for negotiations. It is slotted on the previous year but there are increases based upon what position the player happens to play and what others playing the same postion have already signed for.

Agents for high round picks like to hold out until the player drafted before and the one drafted after them helps to set the market. If another team signs a player for more money (especially guaranteed money) than his position is slotted for, everyone after that signing will tend to have signing issues between the club and their signees. The agents demanding more money than the club feels is fair.
    RIP Cameron

[IMG]denverpost.com/broncos/ci_9960752[/IMG]

hey i guess its sort of off topic, but is that tatoo of jesus on his right arm? not that thats a bad thing, but that makes 3 religious rookies that we drafted so far.
    Last edited by broncos1997; 07-22-2008 at 06:41 PM.

[IMG]st.com/broncos/ci_9960752[/IMG]

hey i guess its sort of off topic, but is that tatoo of jesus on his right arm? not that thats a bad thing, but that makes 3 religious rookies that we drafted so far.
    http://www.buddhistedu.org/en/images/stories/Vanhoa/zen2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by The Hamburgler View Post
    oops thanks.