Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Running

Running

Well, a couple of weeks ago, I started running.

I really hadn't run since highschool, but I thought I'd give it a try. I was a bit surprised that I was able to run a mile straight during the first week.

Then, this week, I ran it again and timed it. I ran it in 8:05 minutes which I'm very excited about.

Anyhow, I'm really excited about all of this. I walked about 16 miles on thursday and ran a mile.

Yesterday, I just walked a few miles, but this morning I ran into work which was 1.73 miles. Honestly, I didn't know how far I could run at all.

I didn't think I could run a mile straight, but I'm running home from work and then on Monday, I'm going to try for two miles. I'm hoping to get 2 miles in under 16 minutes.

I've been improving fast enough that I'm pretty excited about it.

My resting heart rate is 50 beats per minute right now.

What's funny is that I'm 6' and 244lbs. I'm looking forward to losing another twenty pounds. I can't wait to see how well I'll be able to run then.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Archimedes Owl View Post
    Well, a couple of weeks ago, I started running.

I really hadn't run since highschool, but I thought I'd give it a try. I was a bit surprised that I was able to run a mile straight during the first week.

Then, this week, I ran it again and timed it. I ran it in 8:05 minutes which I'm very excited about.

Anyhow, I'm really excited about all of this. I walked about 16 miles on thursday and ran a mile.

Yesterday, I just walked a few miles, but this morning I ran into work which was 1.73 miles. Honestly, I didn't know how far I could run at all.

I didn't think I could run a mile straight, but I'm running home from work and then on Monday, I'm going to try for two miles. I'm hoping to get 2 miles in under 16 minutes.

I've been improving fast enough that I'm pretty excited about it.

My resting heart rate is 50 beats per minute right now.

What's funny is that I'm 6' and 244lbs. I'm looking forward to losing another twenty pounds. I can't wait to see how well I'll be able to run then.
    Thats very good . But how much lift do you get from all those feathers mr. owl ? j/k I'm impressed six foot and 244 isn't exactly a long distance runner's body type. Keep up the good work .

great job AO

keep up the good work and i hope you achieve your goal

ive been running *****TAKES A LONG DRAG OFF A CIGARETTE***

running from the law for some time now... they still havent found me shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Last edited by saltybuggah; 07-26-2008 at 02:33 PM.

sig by B4B6..

Sounds fun and interesting AO.
    Running can become addictive. Once you start you don't want to stop. Just continue to find time to run. Keep it in your schedule.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Running is fun, especially with some good tunes to work out too.

Sometimes, I'll pretend I'm in some sort of marathon running outside.. pumps me up.

How fast are you? 4.2 you say? Hold on as I scroll my rolodex and look under Da...

AO, I forgot how old you are but remember your knees! Take it slow! Running is relaxing and it does keep you in shape.

oh how i hate running, i think i have ADD though and its so boring to me

i have to play sports or something in order to stay inshape, i just cant stand running in a straight line

i have however been on a stair stepper a lot lately, its not as bad
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad Broncofan View Post
    AO, I forgot how old you are but remember your knees! Take it slow! Running is relaxing and it does keep you in shape.
    I'm 27.

I have pretty sturdy knees and the muscles around my knees are pretty big.

None of my joints have been getting sore at all yet.

I doubt that they will. That's never really happened to me.

And part of the appeal to me so far is pushing myself farther than I should and improving as much as possible, so there's no chance that I take it slow.
    My adopted fan is dogfish

. . . . . . . . . . .
    . Post Your Artwork .
    . . . . . . . . . . .

Running is over-ratted... thats right I said it... look at it this way.... a kid from my football team just about a year ago... He was the fastest kid on the field.... then about a week later (today last year I think) here comes a kid that has never played a sport in his life he says... he told me and I remember he said the last 5 years he has been smoking drinking and all that crap.... well Mr. wise guy challenged him to a race after practice.... and guess who won.... the guy that never played a sport in his life

running is nice and everything......but its what you eat that counts.....

Wow...congratulations, AO!

I ran in high school and college and my hubby has run since jr. high and we both coach Cross Country at a state college. So I know a little bit about it.

You sound excited and it seems like you are being smart by taking it slow and not pushing too hard which is great. Little aches and pains will pass, just push through those. Stretch, stretch, stretch. And keep it fun just like you are doing. Great job, I'm impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
    Running is over-ratted... thats right I said it... look at it this way.... a kid from my football team just about a year ago... He was the fastest kid on the field.... then about a week later (today last year I think) here comes a kid that has never played a sport in his life he says... he told me and I remember he said the last 5 years he has been smoking drinking and all that crap.... well Mr. wise guy challenged him to a race after practice.... and guess who won.... the guy that never played a sport in his life
    It's a good thing getting into shape isn't over rated.

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    It's a good thing getting into shape isn't over rated.
    I think you missed the point of the story friend

Quote Originally Posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
    I think you missed the point of the story friend
    n i think you missed the point of the OP but

its not about speed and how fast one can be, its about losing some weight and pushing yourself to achieve better results

sig by B4B6..