Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 63
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Breckenridge
    Posts
    1

    Other than our O line....

    I don't see our O being in any worse shape than last year. All I see is some young guys that should have a lot of up side. I would like to see Selvin in there more ofter even if we still had Travis. Marshall's suspension would be no more than three games from what I understand. IF, Scheffler can stay healthy, he is one of the leagues hottest TE's. All I'm worried about is our D line and LB's. IF those boys can step up you know we have the secondary to complete our D. I think our schedule is easier than last year too.

    Prediction: 10-6

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    615
    I've only been hearing good things about Jarvis Moss, thats the first negative comment I've seen about him in the last 5 days. And our running game hurting because of a lack of Travis Henry? He barely played last year! He had no positive effect on our running game at all. The Tight Ends are also pretty solid, I don't know what you've been seeing.

    They may not be a top calibur team this season, but they're not going to be anywhere near what they were last season.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Bozeman, MT
    Posts
    6,073
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnyTony View Post
    Lowlight
    Second-year defensive end Jarvis Moss has been among the last - if not the very last - player to leave the field after most sessions this week, and it looked Monday morning like he needs the extra work. In a one-on-one pass rush drill, Moss, a first-round draft pick in 2007, was stuffed by Tyler Polumbus, the undrafted rookie from Colorado. Defensive line coach Jacob Burney wasn't happy, and screamed at Moss once Moss returned to the defense.
    These training camp reports are full of ----.

    I' have been hearing that Moss is actually our only effective and dominating dline player, more specifically in the one on one drills, and now there are reports saying he's struggling...?

    Apparently someone doesn't have a clue on what's going on, or our dline is absolutely horrendous.....again. If the latter's the case, get ready for our offense to see the ball 3 times a half because the other team will go on 6+ minute drives.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Now live in South Jersey.
    Posts
    2,748

    why so glum chum?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronx4me View Post
    Greetings all,

    I have been a broncos fan for 20 years and I've always gone in to the season thinking we are going to have a chance. I have to admit this is the first year i'm a little skittish about the upcoming season. The main reason for this is because I feel every team in our division has vastly improved except for us. Oakland who up till now has been our red headed stepchild is starting to become so talent loaded that they may actually find their way to beating us. Kansas city has a huge influx of young but talented players that could develop in to something special. The chargers are still a Superbowl contending team. I can not at this point say we are better than we where even last year... Factor in a brandon marshal suspension and i'm looking at a 6-10 season for us. Our passing game is going to be worse without marshal, our running game is worse without henry, our TE position really isn't that great (Graham is a solid blocking tight end but Scheffler is an injury magnet.) Our Defense is another year older, but on the bright side I suppose Eddie Royal will help the kick return game and cutler should play better over all. I hope like all hell i'm wrong but at this stage I really just don't see things playing out well.
    You worried about every team in our division?
    I didn't see the chiefs get a better qb which was a core of the problem they had last year so how did they improve?
    The raiders added depth they still didn't fix that o line and they have a 1st year starter behing a mediocre o line but they vastly improved?
    The chargers are the chargers they still are the best of this division but they didn't vastly improved and lost some players on the way.

    Broncos moves were made to plug in holes which i believe they did yet the names they used weren't off the charts they will be fit in adequately.
    This team is not that good yet to claim the divison but they are not as bad 6-10 nor 7-9. they should be challenging for a playoff spot in december.
    Bronco fan 33 years and counting, GO BRONCOS!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fremont, Ca
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronx4me View Post
    Greetings all,

    I have been a broncos fan for 20 years and I've always gone in to the season thinking we are going to have a chance. I have to admit this is the first year i'm a little skittish about the upcoming season. The main reason for this is because I feel every team in our division has vastly improved except for us. Oakland who up till now has been our red headed stepchild is starting to become so talent loaded that they may actually find their way to beating us. Kansas city has a huge influx of young but talented players that could develop in to something special. The chargers are still a Superbowl contending team. I can not at this point say we are better than we where even last year... Factor in a brandon marshal suspension and i'm looking at a 6-10 season for us. Our passing game is going to be worse without marshal, our running game is worse without henry, our TE position really isn't that great (Graham is a solid blocking tight end but Scheffler is an injury magnet.) Our Defense is another year older, but on the bright side I suppose Eddie Royal will help the kick return game and cutler should play better over all. I hope like all hell i'm wrong but at this stage I really just don't see things playing out well.
    I also do not agree with you.

    1)You say the raiders are getting a lot of talent, hardly. Yes Russell will be good in time, but he has only started one game, and mcfadden and fargas are good. But they have nobody at reciever. Curry and Walker(who is always hurt). Their oline is horrible, and the defense is pretty good. Now most raiders fan are thinking what we had been thinking when we signed dre bly last year that our passing game would be impossible to pass on, but they still suffer from a horrible run defense.

    2) Yes KC had a good draft, but rookies take a while to adjust to the nfl usually. Also they have no clue who their starting qb will be. Their ownly threat in passing game is Tony G and Dwanye Bowe. Then they have LJ, but thats it.

    3) Marshall suspension: Yes it is most likely he will be suspended but i doubt it will be for more than 2 games if he does.

    4)The broncos: You say our run game is worse than last year because Henry is gone, Henry was good for a couple of games then he was hurt most of the year along with his drug problems. He was a distraction to the team. Tony Scheffler is hardly injury prone. He had been hurt last year and this year before the season had started and has come back healthy both times and he will be a big fact this year. The defense, ya they are a year older but we have made some good addition in my opinion. Boss Bailey will be good at SOLB if he stays healthy, DJ moves back to WLB were he can be dominate again(not that he wasn't dominate at MLB last year). Only question at LB is Niko who hasn't been a starter. Our DL will be better because we added Dewayne Robertson and our rookies from last year have a year of nfl experience under their belt. Champ will be back to his old self this year. He had to deal with hamstring issues last year. If he or Dre can't go then insert Jack Williams or as others around here have been calling him D-Will 2.0.

    I would also like to add that the Broncos have an easier schedule than last year.

    team we should beat.
    Raiders(away) wk 1
    Raiders (home) wk 11
    Falcons wk 10
    Dolphins wk 8
    Chiefs (home) wk 13
    Jets wk 12
    Bills wk 16

    teams we might beat:
    Chiefs(away) wk 4
    Bucs wk 5
    Pats wk 7(He has beat us once out of 4 games in last 4 years.
    Score to the game the pats won 30-26)
    Total score when Broncos won: 72-40 total our of 4 gms: 98-70
    Carolina wk 15
    Chargers(home) wk 17

    SO you are looking at 7 just in the teams that we should beat.
    Last edited by BroncosFan0226; 07-29-2008 at 10:59 AM.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronx4me View Post
    Greetings all,

    I have been a broncos fan for 20 years and I've always gone in to the season thinking we are going to have a chance. I have to admit this is the first year i'm a little skittish about the upcoming season. The main reason for this is because I feel every team in our division has vastly improved except for us. Oakland who up till now has been our red headed stepchild is starting to become so talent loaded that they may actually find their way to beating us. Kansas city has a huge influx of young but talented players that could develop in to something special. The chargers are still a Superbowl contending team. I can not at this point say we are better than we where even last year... Factor in a brandon marshal suspension and i'm looking at a 6-10 season for us. Our passing game is going to be worse without marshal, our running game is worse without henry, our TE position really isn't that great (Graham is a solid blocking tight end but Scheffler is an injury magnet.) Our Defense is another year older, but on the bright side I suppose Eddie Royal will help the kick return game and cutler should play better over all. I hope like all hell i'm wrong but at this stage I really just don't see things playing out well.
    Uh no, our passing game and our running game are definitely gonna be better this year.

    KC still has no OL, and No QB, their corners are weak, and they lost Jared Allen

    Oakland could have a good year, but they are starting a rookie QB basically

    Chargers are really good, but we can definitley split the series with them
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    1,263
    Im a bit nervous about this season, but it does appear we improved in almost every area on paper at little a little bit.

    I also think going back to the old defensive scheme that the players are more familiar with will improve the defense. I really think that we lost some games just to confusion on defense last year.

    Im keeping hope up, because I do think we have alot of weapons if we can stay healthy (Which is true for every team).

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Cedar City, Utah
    Posts
    25,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncofan1990 View Post
    people calling it a year before a pre- season game is played...... gotta love thoues type of fans
    And we have a thread discussing our needs for the draft NEXT year. This bothers me some what as we do not know what will transpire THIS year.

    We could have flops where we think the problem is solved and/or we could have surprises with players we are questioning.

    I know people like to look ahead and that's fine, but I would like to see what happens this year before we start throwing some players to the wolves or putting them on pedestals.

    We also realize we have a bunch of young guys we are counting on and I just hope to see improvement this year. Some have us winning the Super Bowl which is obviously very optimistic. Sometimes we fans put too much pressure on the team (and ourselves as fans) and demand the best right now.

    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***


  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    2,198
    Last year, everybody thought we had vastly improved. We got Bly, Henry, Stokely, and others, and what did we do? Nothing. The Raiders did the exact same thing, but they decided to overpay injury-prone guys or guys with an attitude or both. I'm REAL worried about them. The Chiefs are another thing, but as said before, no QB. The Chargers are the Chargers, they're good, but we have the tools to beat them.

    PS My Christmas wish for the Broncos is for Doom to break the sack record against Rivers and get us into the playoffs. Just thought I'd share that
    Made by Houshmazode

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    604
    Lovely thread.

    I have never thought we were going to have a bad season going in. I see a lot of good things that will turn this motha around.

    DJ is back a WLB
    Boss sounds like he is dynamic at SLB
    Jay is strong again
    Scheffler is uncoverable
    B Marsh= Stud
    Elvis is in the Building
    We are not running that Bates D Scheme.
    Hillis, Royal, and Clady improve our O and ST units

    I see a lot of promise, and I think we have a team where everyone loves the game, and are not just there for a paycheck.
    Adopted Athlete: Leone Battista Alberti

    Claim to Fame: I met the Man who met Andy Griffith
    http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/G/...riffithand.jpg

    http://www.dewmocracy.com/assets/poster_SuperNova.jpg

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    481
    I don't think you all are being very fair to the poster of this thread. I think he has a point. Just becase he is not a total homer, he is able to use some logic and reasoning to come up with a fairly accurate picture given the current state of the Denver Broncos. He should be applauded not criticized for his comments.

    Current facts about the Denver Bronocs (whether you want to admit them or not)

    1. The Broncos offense has always been predicated on the running game. While this is true of any team, it is most true of the Broncos. To date the Brocnos are STILL trying to identify the next Terrel Davis. Unitl the Shanny stops playing musical running backs, you can't feel very confident about the Broncos ability to consistently pound the rock.

    2. Jay Cutler. He is still learning how to play QB. He does have potential no doubt, but as of yet it is still largely unrealized. He is just as likely to have a drop in perfromance this year than an improvement. Teams, especially within the division, have had more time to figure him out and find ways to limit his effectiveness under center. If, as stated above, the rushing game does not improve, causing teams to respect the run, then it will be doubly hard for Cutler to make an impact.

    3. Brandon Marshall. Even the most homer of homers along the Front Range must be getting just a tad uncomfortable these days about this kid's future. Cutler needs this guy on the field with his head in the game. A looming 4 to 8 game susupension does not bode well for their ability to create the chemistry necessary to take the passing game to the next level.

    4. Defense. Who knows? New Coordinator. New position coaches. Might take some time to click. Moss sounds like a bust, thus limiting Denver's ability to put pressure on opposing QB's. Without that, the season will be long and painful indeed for the Denver faithful.

    I still see Denver as number 2 in the Division, but only because KC and OAK are just that much worse.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,588
    From the news I've been hearing from Tc reports I feel alot more confident int hsi tem than the last few years.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wichita
    Posts
    3,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Go_Bolts04 View Post
    I don't think you all are being very fair to the poster of this thread. I think he has a point. Just becase he is not a total homer, he is able to use some logic and reasoning to come up with a fairly accurate picture given the current state of the Denver Broncos. He should be applauded not criticized for his comments.
    Why, because other posters feel differently, that KC and OAK anrent as greatly improved as the OP stated? Most of his facts are opinions.


    Current facts about the Denver Bronocs (whether you want to admit them or not)

    1. The Broncos offense has always been predicated on the running game. While this is true of any team, it is most true of the Broncos. To date the Brocnos are STILL trying to identify the next Terrel Davis. Unitl the Shanny stops playing musical running backs, you can't feel very confident about the Broncos ability to consistently pound the rock.
    I believe that RBBC is going to be the way teams go in the NFl, at least for the next few years. RB is tough to play at, and continue to stay healthy, especially if a team leans on them. If Denver has three backs that all can produce, why not use them? The days of the "workhorse" back are starting to fade away, as the curse of 370 looms large.


    2. Jay Cutler. He is still learning how to play QB. He does have potential no doubt, but as of yet it is still largely unrealized. He is just as likely to have a drop in perfromance this year than an improvement. Teams, especially within the division, have had more time to figure him out and find ways to limit his effectiveness under center. If, as stated above, the rushing game does not improve, causing teams to respect the run, then it will be doubly hard for Cutler to make an impact.
    Why is he just as likely to have a drop in performance? Its not like teams didnt see him all last season. Or during the last few weeks the season before. Teams have his college film as well Im certain to look at. Its not like they didnt know he was a strong armed second year QB when they played him last year.

    3. Brandon Marshall. Even the most homer of homers along the Front Range must be getting just a tad uncomfortable these days about this kid's future. Cutler needs this guy on the field with his head in the game. A looming 4 to 8 game susupension does not bode well for their ability to create the chemistry necessary to take the passing game to the next level.
    If Brandon is suspended, it will certainly hamper the offense. To the point that it becomes completely ineffective? No. It wont be as much a powerhouse certainly, but, I dont think it will spell as much doom as some people believe.


    4. Defense. Who knows? New Coordinator. New position coaches. Might take some time to click. Moss sounds like a bust, thus limiting Denver's ability to put pressure on opposing QB's. Without that, the season will be long and painful indeed for the Denver faithful.
    One report said Moss was having trouble. Everything else that Ive read has stated he has been the best lineman in camp so far. I see that as maybe one bad practice in camp, that a newspaper picked up on.


    I think Ben Tate will be the best back taken in the 2010 draft. (5/3/10)
    SportsXPicks, check out the Rants and Opinions section

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Burbank Cali
    Posts
    1,706
    Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonic View Post
    These training camp reports are full of ----.

    I' have been hearing that Moss is actually our only effective and dominating dline player, more specifically in the one on one drills, and now there are reports saying he's struggling...?

    Apparently someone doesn't have a clue on what's going on, or our dline is absolutely horrendous.....again. If the latter's the case, get ready for our offense to see the ball 3 times a half because the other team will go on 6+ minute drives.


    I was thinking the same thing. I remember reading just the other day how Moss was doing AMAZING....and now he is doing bad!? I coach high school football and let me just say that the fact a coach yelled at him makes no difference at all. That cracked me up that the writer felt he needed to add that in like Moss was in trouble or something. EVERY player gets yelled at EVERYDAY and im guessing more than once.
    http://i473.photobucket.com/albums/rr93/xgcadam/JakesSig1.png

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Clover, S.C.
    Posts
    3,994
    We improved a lot from last year. Mostly in the form of players returning from injury. We got our All Pro center back, our starting LG, most complete D, and others who missed maybe 3-4 games. We had the most games missed by starters last year in franchise history. Plus we added a Franchise LT to anchor our O-line, we actually have return man now, DJ can go back to where he is best, we added Boss who should be adequate at worst, three D-linemen who showed promise last year are in their second year, where linemen usually breakout, Cutler is fully healthy. To say we didn't improve much from last year isn't true. If you think we should be worried by Oakland or KC, I just dont understand.

    Sig by Blondie79

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •