• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronc Knight
    Practice Squad
    • Jul 2008

AFC Playoffs '08

Okay Broncos Country I know that the Preseason doesn't start until Sunday and that the Postseason is a long way off but, as of how everything stands right now, I want to know who you all feel will be in the Playoffs in 2008.

Here is a list and breakdown of who I feel will make the cut and why they will do so:

1. AFC East Champs-New England Patriots
    This one is really a no-brainer. 18-1 and Super Bowl runner-up New England will rebound because of one simple reason. They still have Bill Belichick who, Spygate or not, still knows how to get his players prepared to play each and every week. Plus I do not see Tom Brady suddenly deciding that the Brady to Moss connection isn't working very well. While their aging defense is a future concern, I do not believe it will be a concern for the '08 season. Pats win the #1 seed once again.

2. AFC South Champs-Indianapolis Colts
    Charger and Jags fans may not agree, but Indy is still the second best team in the AFC. Indy simply knows how to win in a very tough division and they have a flat-out solid team all around. Peyton Manning will be healthy come week 1 and he will still be the man with the "Laser-Rocket Arm." The Colts will once again be near the top of the AFC.

3. AFC West Champs-San Diego Chargers
    As much as it pains me to say this, the Chargers will win the AFC West in '08. They are a talented team and a good team, but it remains to be seen if they are an elite team. LT may be getting older but he still has gas left in the tank and is still one of the best backs in the league. I believe this is the year Rivers will prove whether or not he is a superstar QB. Also SD has a very good D and special teams to go along with their offense. Whether or not they can make it through both the Pats and the Colts in the Postseason and make it to the SB however, is a hard task for any team.

4. AFC North Champs-Cleveland Browns
    Shocking as it may be, the Dawgs have not been quiet about getting better and getting better now in the offseason. Their offense looks good on paper but will it translate over to the field? Also will their D finally come around? I believe both of these will be the case and push the Browns over the edge into the playoffs. The X-factor for the Brownies is their special teams. We all saw what Joshua Cribs can do when he gets his hands on the ball. The Browns overtake Pittsburgh and take the division.

5. Wildcard-Jacksonville Jaguars
    The Jags had a very good season last year and showed just how physical of a team they can be. Their D is ferocious but losing Marcus Stroud will hurt. However their offense was the story of '07 and with David Garrard, Freddie Taylor, and MJD leading that unit they will be just fine. I love the physical play of this team but I just do not feel that they are quite ready to win the AFC South. Look for the Jags to lock up the first Wildcard spot.

6. Wildcard-Denver Broncos
    Yes Broncos County I do believe that our Denver Broncos will make the playoffs in 2008. I'll go into a little more detail for this one. Denver has gone after players with high quality character and players that have something to prove this offseason. Not only the new additions have something to prove but returning players as well.

Our OL and DL have been addressed this offseason and I believe our run game and our D will greatly improve from last year.

The receiving corps has plenty of new faces and I am excited to see what they can do once their chemistry with Cutler is gelling. Brandon Marshall says he is ready to get his act together and he knows that he will not get any more chances. Suspension or not, Marshall is poised to have a great year.

I feel that Jay Cutler will have a break out year and become a great QB in the league in his 3rd NFL season. Like Rivers, if he is going to do it, then it will happen this year.

Selvin Young says he will rush for 2,000 yards and I say more power to him. But he will have to fight off the likes of Ryan Torain, Andre Hall, Micheal Pittmann, and Anthony Alridge. The RB position is perhaps the most stacked on the team.

So there you have it Broncos fans. Combine a team with alot to prove, a desire to do so, and tons of potential, and you have yourselves a team that will make the playoffs in 2008.

Please share your thoughts and who you feel will make the playoffs in '08.

Go Broncos!
    Last edited by Bronc Knight; 08-01-2008, 03:54 PM.
  • MindField
    Banned User
    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Bronc Knight View Post
    Okay Broncos Country I know that the Preseason doesn't start until Sunday and that the Postseason is a long way off but, as of how everything stands right now, I want to know who you all feel will be in the Playoffs in 2008.

Here is a list and breakdown of who I feel will make the cut and why they will do so:

This one is really a no-brainer. 18-1 and Super Bowl runner-up New England will rebound because of one simple reason. They still have Bill Belichick who, Spygate or not, still knows how to get his players prepared to play each and every week. Plus I do not see Tom Brady suddenly deciding that the Brady to Moss connection isn't working very well. While their aging defense is a future concern, I do not believe it will be a concern for the '08 season. Pats win the #1 seed once again.

Charger and Jags fans may not agree, but Indy is still the second best team in the AFC. Indy simply knows how to win in a very tough division and they have a flat-out solid team all around. Peyton Manning will be healthy come week 1 and he will still be the man with the "Laser-Rocket Arm." The Colts will once again be near the top of the AFC.

As much as it pains me to say this, the Chargers will win the AFC West in '08. They are a talented team and a good team, but it remains to be seen if they are an elite team. LT may be getting older but he still has gas left in the tank and is still one of the best backs in the league. I believe this is the year Rivers will prove whether or not he is a superstar QB. Also SD has a very good D and special teams to go along with their offense. Whether or not they can make it through both the Pats and the Colts in the Postseason and make it to the SB however, is a hard task for any team.

Shocking as it may be, the Dawgs have not been quiet about getting better and getting better now in the offseason. Their offense looks good on paper but will it translate over to the field? Also will their D finally come around? I believe both of these will be the case and push the Browns over the edge into the playoffs. The X-factor for the Brownies is theirs special teams. We all saw what Joshua Cribs can do when he gets his hands on the ball. The Browns overtake Pittsburgh and take the division.

The Jags had a very good season last year and showed just how physical of a team they can be. Their D is ferocious but losing Marcus Stroud will hurt. However their offense was the story of '07 and with David Garrard, Freddie Taylor, and MJD leading that unit they will be just fine. I love the physicality of this team but I just do not feel that they are quite ready to win the AFC South. Look for the Jags to lock up the first Wildcard spot.

Yes Broncos County I do believe that our Denver Broncos will make the playoffs in 2008. I'll go into a little more detail for this one. Denver has gone after players with high quality character and players that have something to prove this offseason. Not only the new additions have something to prove but returning players as well.

Our OL and DL have been addressed this offseason and I believe our run game and our D will greatly improve from last year.

The receiving corps has plenty of new faces and I am excited to see what they can do once their chemistry with Cutler is gelling. Brandon Marshall says he is ready to get his act together and he knows that he will not get any more chances. Suspension or not, Marshall is poised to have a great year.

I feel that Jay Cutler will have a break out year and become a great QB in the league in his 3rd NFL season. Like Rivers, if he is going to do it, then it will happen this year.

Selvin Young says he will rush for 2,000 yards and I say more power to him. But he will have to fight off the likes of Ryan Torain, Andre Hall, Micheal Pittmann, and Anthony Alridge. The RB position is perhaps the most stacked on the team.

So there you have it Broncos fans. Combine a team with alot to prove, a desire to do so, and tons of potential, and you have yourselves a team that will make the playoffs in 2008.

Go Broncos!
    I agree most of your analysis, but I think the Browns are a little over-rated. I think Denver will beat them, and I think Pittsburgh will win that Division. I hope we can beat J-ville and take the five spot, so we would get Pittsburgh in the WC game. That is a game we can win.

Comment

• TD Machine
      Practice Squad
      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by MindField View Post
      I agree most of your analysis, but I think the Browns are a little over-rated. I think Denver will beat them, and I think Pittsburgh will win that Division. I hope we can beat J-ville and take the five spot, so we would get Pittsburgh in the WC game. That is a game we can win.
      Basically. 5 star post.

Comment

• Bronc Knight
        Practice Squad
        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by MindField View Post
        I'm not gonna lie I was not 100% sure about putting Cleveland ahead of Pittsburgh but I just wasn't impressed with the Steelers last year. They stuggled at times and did not look like a playoff team to me. However I do agree with you I believe Denver will beat both Cleveland and Pittsburgh given the chance.

Comment

• TD Machine
          Practice Squad
          • Apr 2006

I'm not gonna lie I was not 100% sure about putting Cleveland ahead of Pittsburgh but I just wasn't impressed with the Steelers last year. They stuggled at times and did not look like a playoff team to me. However I do agree with you I believe Denver will beat both Cleveland and Pittsburgh given the chance.
          Yeah, but Big Ben had a GREAT year, and Derek Anderson to me is really overrated. But I mean... They have LEGIT weapons in Cleveland and Lt. Winslow should have a great year. It'll be a battle in the North. I just think Pitt will bounce back this year.

Polamalu was out basically all of last year, and when he's healthy he is a monster. Their defense should be much improved.

Comment

• Broncofan1990
            Banned User
            • Sep 2007

nicely done... cp for you .... but the browns...not so sure about that one I see the jags winning the north and either Pitt or Cleveland or Tenn will be the wild card

Comment

• Bronc Knight
              Practice Squad
              • Jul 2008

Originally posted by TD Machine View Post
              Yeah, but Big Ben had a GREAT year, and Derek Anderson to me is really overrated. But I mean... They have LEGIT weapons in Cleveland and Lt. Winslow should have a great year. It'll be a battle in the North. I just think Pitt will bounce back this year.

Polamalu was out basically all of last year, and when he's healthy he is a monster. Their defense should be much improved.
              True that Big Ben did have his best year statistically and Polamalu adds alot to their D. I can see either team winning the battle for the North but I feel that Cleveland is due.

Anderson also had a good year but if he was only a one year wonder then they still have the option of Quinn to fall back on. It will be interesting to say the least.

We will see how it plays out during the season.

Comment

• JaysusCutler
                Stealth-R-Us
                • Nov 2007

Pittsburgh owns the AFC North. Rashard Mendenhall was a huge steal and a great compleiment to Fast Willie. Throw in Sweed and they finally have a big reciever for the red zone. The Browns will not take that division.
                sigpic
                Sig by Blondie79

Comment

• RedRaptor
                  Special Teams
                  • Mar 2008

Here's a thread of mine from a little while ago with some opinions a few months ago. Very solid analysis!

Comment

• Bronc Knight
                    Practice Squad
                    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by TDavis2008 View Post
                    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=115806

Here's a thread of mine from a little while ago with some opinions a few months ago. Very solid analysis!
                    I remember this thread and I really enjoyed it. It was what I was thinking about actually when I posted mine.

Comment

• Northern Lights
                      Bench Warmer
                      • Jan 2006

The Steelers lost Faneca and have done nothing to improve their O-Line. They made our pass rush look good last year.

Just saying

Comment

• RedRaptor
                        Special Teams
                        • Mar 2008

I remember this thread and I really enjoyed it. It was what I was thinking about actually when I posted mine.
                        Haha, I like the way you think!

Comment

• Bronc Knight
                          Practice Squad
                          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by TDavis2008 View Post
                          Haha, I like the way you think!
                          Same!

Originally posted by Northern Lights View Post
                          The Steelers lost Faneca and have done nothing to improve their O-Line. They made our pass rush look good last year.

Just saying
                          You are right many people are skeptical about the Steelers OL. Just watched NFL Live at Pitt's TC and Big Ben talked about how he feels the line will be great. I'm not so sure but then again Big Ben does have a ring.

Comment

• 1sconorbrevned
                            Banned User
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Northern Lights View Post

Just saying

IMO We've had it out for them since the AFCCG or whatever the abbreviation is for it. You would be bitter if another team had taken a chance to go to the super bowl. Thats why we've dominated them since. :2cents:

Comment

• japfaff
                              USMCgrunt
                              • Apr 2005

Shocking as it may be, the Dawgs have not been quiet about getting better and getting better now in the offseason. Their offense looks good on paper but will it translate over to the field? Also will their D finally come around? I believe both of these will be the case and push the Browns over the edge into the playoffs. The X-factor for the Brownies is their special teams. We all saw what Joshua Cribs can do when he gets his hands on the ball. The Browns overtake Pittsburgh and take the division.

The Jags had a very good season last year and showed just how physical of a team they can be. Their D is ferocious but losing Marcus Stroud will hurt. However their offense was the story of '07 and with David Garrard, Freddie Taylor, and MJD leading that unit they will be just fine. I love the physical play of this team but I just do not feel that they are quite ready to win the AFC South. Look for the Jags to lock up the first Wildcard spot.

Go Broncos!
                              I agree with you cept for Denver and Cleve. I think Cleveland will get the wild card, and Pittsburg will win the North. Cleveland needs to prove to me that they can beat Pitt, before I will crown them.

As for Denver....I am not sold at all on our O&Dline. I think that we have pretty much the same line talent wise as last year (maybe a little better). Come on fella's D Rob. was never that good in NY. Dont give me the whole 3-4 thing cause he had 3 years in a 4-3. I think that our LB's also took a step back. Bailey has never impressed me, and Webster in the middle..... Just not buying it. Oline...Where to begin..... according to all reports.... Clady is doing great definate plus.... But With Nalen's knee hurting and fron all reports Hamilton is showing a lot of rust, and Holland to fat to play Oline......I just dont know....I hope that I am wrong, but i think our patch work line is going to really resemble last years
                              Thanx Blondie79 for the sweet Sig....Love it and I will rock it with pridesigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X