View Poll Results: Grade tonights preseason opener ...

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

0 0%
  • B

6 33.33%
  • C

5 27.78%
  • D

3 16.67%
  • It's only preseason game #1

4 22.22%
Page 59 of 86 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    at this thread.

Geez, I wonder what in the hell people will be like when we lose our first game of the year.
    How can that happen when we're going 19-0?
    LETS PUT A SMILE ON THAT FACE...

R.I.P. HEATH LEDGER (1979-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by TheJackal View Post
    How can that happen when we're going 19-0?
    If that happened it would be just as chaotic with the threads titled....

"Where are you fairweathers? WHERE ARE YOU NOW!!!"

AND...

"I TOLD EVERYONE, REMEMBER!!!!"

AND..

"Naysayers, come eat your crow! DO IT!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wade View Post
    Who wants to bet shanahan keeps ramsey no matter how bad he does ?
    Sucker bet!
    Haze gray and underway!

go Hackney beat ramsey off the broncos roster!

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCOS_OWN_U16 View Post
    our d was good in 04,05,06. does anyone remember the streak we had to start in 06. we gave up like 2 TD's in the first 6 games

last year was the exception. we tried something new last year and it didnt work.

were going back to what the broncos have been doing in the past. our players are much better suited for the system we are going to run this year.
    04-06 we were stable, 07 was something new, and yes, it didn't work; hopefully the D can pick this "new" scheme! I'm bettin' they can!
    Haze gray and underway!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    There are things that don't matter (Who wins, how much one unit succeeds and another fails, etc.) as the scheme and a score are worthless.

That said, how players perform on an individual basis is worth noting. And certainly the fringe players aren't going half speed as they are trying their darndest to either make the team or put enough good play on tape that someone else will notice and pick them up.

So from that standpoint it's not worthless.
    Thats the perfect post.

You can say it doesnt matter, but if you see a WR make 5 amazing catches in one game it doesnt matter that it was Preseason. He can obvisouly play.

You see a RB that has 2 or 3 GREAT runs in a game, he will probably get a spot on the team.

You see a DE get multiple pressures in one game maybe a sack or two, then you start to assume that he will have some effect in the regular season.

Yet the outcome doesnt count due to the fact that every team is just trying to see what players are going to do the latter.
    Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine83 View Post
    None of us know what the Broncos will be this year.
    We could have the worst OR best preseason in franchise history, and the exact opposite could play out when the season starts.
    We could even start 0-2 and then win the Superbowl, or 8-0 and miss the playoffs.

I think this board is filled with people that are just dying to make the perfect prediction, for some self-satisfying feeling of "I was smart enough to see this way back in preseason"

Sometimes a bad game leads to more bad games, sometimes it leads to changes for the better. And sometimes games aren't as good or bad as they first may seem.

Just let all the 'negative nancy vs. positive patrick' stuff die already. If someone says we are going to be 7-9, they still can be real and true fans. And if someone says we will for sure be 13-3 and win the superbowl, they aren't stupid homers.
    I tend to agree. I saw some reasons for optimism:

Prater has a cannon and should be given some time
    Woodyard has unbelievable instincts-a tackling machine as he was in college
    Barrrett has great make up speed and will help in the run game
    Foxworth and Paymah have improved greatly
    Royal will be like a Wes Welker an have lots of catches eventually
    Alrich (sp) has some serious speed and could beat out Royal for kick off duties
    Scheffler will be one of the better TE's, Graham could get more catches this year
    I am not as down on the D line as everyone else is. Thomas and Moss will come on. Moss just looks so skinny and waiting for another injury to happen.
    Marlon McRee will help this year.

My concern is they still do not have an inside LB that defines the defense.

I think the parts are there. What we saw in pre-season game 1 was a young/inexperienced line trying to just get through the first game. Wiegman is still learning our system and making the line calls for a bunch of rookies. When Nalen gets back or Wiegman gets our ZBS down and the rookies start to gell with the vets I think that they are going to be pretty good. Which means the running game will get better.
    [COLOR="navy"][B]"I reject your reality and substitute my own"[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="DarkOrange"]- Mythbusters[/COLOR]

[COLOR="navy"][B]"Go America... Go Broncos"[/B][/COLOR]
    [COLOR="darkorange"]- Stan, South Park[/COLOR]

[B][COLOR="Navy"]I cheer for three teams EVERY WEEK! The Broncos and whoever is playing the Raiders and the Patriots.[/COLOR][/B]
    [COLOR="darkorange"]- Me[/COLOR]

[COLOR="navy"][B]God Bless the United States of America! [/B][/COLOR]

For those you you that think that getting DRob in the middle is going to help need to watch him play with the Jets. He wasnt that great of a player. So those of you that are thinking that we are getting another Albert Hainsworth are in for a shock when the guy that takes the field isn't better than Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    So those of you that are thinking that we are getting another Albert Hainsworth are in for a shock
    So our guy won't be stomping on anyone's helmet-less heads?

Wouldn't it be nice...

Wouldn't it be nice, if since we already have a Brandon Stokley, if Eddie Royal turned out to be more like a Steve Smith/Santana Moss kind of player. I think Stokley will last another 3 years if he is used sparingly in the slot, then a few years from now we draft someone to take his spot.

I'm just pointing this out because everyone assumes he will be a slot receiver because his size, but if he is truly 'The best WR in the draft" as Shanahan proclaimed, then he could end up more than just a slot guy.

Personally, if he ended up anywhere near Steve Smith range, I would be ecstatic. Smith is one of my favorite players to watch in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by maddenking27 View Post
    after the smack down we got from the lions when ramsey started when cutler went down in the first quarter last year i wanted ramsey gone for him to do this bad in preseason is ridiculous i hope hackney does a great job this preseason so ramsey is gone

bring in culpepper ...... if only we had the money
    it shouldn't take much money to get Culpepper...maybe slightly more than the veteran minimum. It's not like anyone else is trying to sign him or anything so he doesn't exactly have a lot of options.

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    For those you you that think that getting DRob in the middle is going to help need to watch him play with the Jets. He wasnt that great of a player. So those of you that are thinking that we are getting another Albert Hainsworth are in for a shock when the guy that takes the field isn't better than Thomas
    you mean when he was playing in the 3-4? Because he is a very good DT in the 4-3. So anyone that thinks that he's going to stink up the field is going to be pretty shocked as well.

Other than that, reports are that Thomas looked damned good..... so if Robertson is better than Thomas (and he is)... the two of them combined will be much better than last season.

Quote Originally Posted by GridironChamp View Post
    Thats the perfect post.

You can say it doesnt matter, but if you see a WR make 5 amazing catches in one game it doesnt matter that it was Preseason. He can obvisouly play.

You see a RB that has 2 or 3 GREAT runs in a game, he will probably get a spot on the team.

You see a DE get multiple pressures in one game maybe a sack or two, then you start to assume that he will have some effect in the regular season.

Yet the outcome doesnt count due to the fact that every team is just trying to see what players are going to do the latter.
    All of these guys were studs at one point or another in their football careers. They can all play. Just because a guy makes big plays against a patchwork team running a vanilla defense, that doesn't make him good enough to do it with regularity during the season.

Coaches have to use something to evaluate talent and figure out the final roster. It seems like every year, we anoint the new TD and Rod Smith during preseason, and come halfway through the season, he's already in Mike's doghouse and riding the pine. When will we learn? Did that player (Kircus, Watts, Dayne, Mike Bell, etc., etc.) suddenly get worse? Or maybe preseason is far closer to practice than it is to actual live game action.
    Last edited by Lomax; 08-10-2008 at 09:46 PM.
    "Pey-Pey to Bay-Bay for the Tay Day!!"

After Robertson and Thomas the Broncos are pretty thin, this is one position they cannot afford significant injuries.

Peterson and McKinley are scrubs and Mallard is just there to pressure the QB, he's serviceable at best.

The Broncos need Steven Harris to be the player MindField thinks he could be (For whatever reason)......