View Poll Results: Grade tonights preseason opener ...

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

0 0%
  • B

6 33.33%
  • C

5 27.78%
  • D

3 16.67%
  • It's only preseason game #1

4 22.22%
Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Don't Put Torain On IR!!!

rotoworld.com reports that the Broncos are considering putting Torain on IR after suffering a broken elbow. I plead to the Broncos not to put Torain on IR, which would end his season before it even began. If the 6-8 week time frame is right, Torain should come back after game 5 and he could spark the Broncos straight to the playoffs.

If you don't want Torain's season to end right now post in this thread.

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Doesn't surprise me in the least.

You don't throw a rookie RB after the season started without much time to prepare in preseason. You'll kill his confidence, and quite possibly kill your QB with his struggling to pick up blitzes. Only playing him with intentions of him running the ball allows the defense to read the offense like a book.

Considering we only have Young/Hall as quality runners, I don't know if Shanahan can afford to put him on IR.

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    rotoworld.com reports that the Broncos are considering putting Torain on IR after suffering a broken elbow. I plead to the Broncos not to put Torain on IR, which would end his season before it even began. If the 6-8 week time frame is right, Torain should come back after game 5 and he could spark the Broncos straight to the playoffs.

i don't see how a guy who is 6-8 week loss would be put on IR, but the chargers did that crap with sproles when he broke his ankle, but this is an elbow injury, seems less damaging to a rb than a broken ankle

i don't understand, unless there's ligament damage, why you'd want to IR a rookie rb

maybe rotoworld is talking out their ass

Quote Originally Posted by jcdavey View Post
    i don't see how a guy who is 6-8 week loss would be put on IR, but the chargers did that crap with sproles when he broke his ankle, but this is an elbow injury, seems less damaging to a rb than a broken ankle

i don't understand, unless there's ligament damage, why you'd want to IR a rookie rb

maybe rotoworld is talking out their ass
    I really hope rotoworld pulled it out of their ass...cuz if Shanahan actually is thinking of putting Torain on IR, we'll be wishing that Mike Bell was still on the open market

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clu...FL&majteam=DEN

the second news box, first sentence in blue

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/clu...FL&majteam=DEN

the second news box, first sentence in blue
    don't forget, the blue text in those little messages is always editorial comments

that guy is hit or miss like most net sports news editorials

Pittman was working as a full back for a reason. Because Shanahan saw that the 3 RB's in front of him were doing a better job at running the football. If they put Torain on IR to have him replaced with Pittman then we're in trouble.

The first game isn't for five weeks and a few days. That would be pretty dumb considering he would only have a few weeks left by the time the first game is played.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

/sarcasm on

Ryan deserves whatever he gets...I mean he should not have put himself in the position to get hurt...Millions of people a day manage to get through their day with out getting injured..If putting him on IR teaches him the lesson not to be injured then its worth it.

/sarcasm off

Yeah I think it's a little to early to place him on the IR...the only logic I can see is if Shanny is more comfortable with Pittman than we think thus is willing to place Torrain on IR which will free up another spot on the roster.

I'm pretty sure a player on IR does not count against your totals but I could be wrong.

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

**Team Signature Compliments of Stand Ablaze**

I could see him goign on the PUP list, letting him heal/get back into playing shape through the first.. what is it? 8 games? then activating him for the 2nd half of the year.

Because by that time Selvin will probably be down with an injury. Not bagging on Selvin, he just tends to get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by garzjoe View Post
    Yeah I think it's a little to early to place him on the IR...the only logic I can see is if Shanny is more comfortable with Pittman than we think thus is willing to place Torrain on IR which will free up another spot on the roster.

I'm pretty sure a player on IR does not count against your totals but I could be wrong.

Thx,
    Joe
    I don't think he is thinking about Pittman, I think he is thinking about Alridge. This may be a way to keep Alridge on the team while Torain heals up. Just an idea.

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by DrewB View Post
    /sarcasm on

Ryan deserves whatever he gets...I mean he should not have put himself in the position to get hurt...Millions of people a day manage to get through their day with out getting injured..If putting him on IR teaches him the lesson not to be injured then its worth it.

/sarcasm off
    Your parents must have been the overprotective type.Anyone can blow out a knee just by simply jogging down the street.Dont dog the poor dude for somthing thats out of his or anybodys control.

It wouldn't suprise me if they put him on IR (although I would be mad if they did). This way we wouldn't have to cut the speedester running back aldrige (or something like that) and put him on the PS. Only problem with that is then the team will not have a power runner. I'm expecting Pittman to get cut which, other then the power wouldn't be that much of a lose.

awwww, that's so cute! You think what we say here matters!