View Poll Results: Grade tonights preseason opener ...

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

0 0%
  • B

6 33.33%
  • C

5 27.78%
  • D

3 16.67%
  • It's only preseason game #1

4 22.22%
Page 53 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
    I failed to read all of the posts in this thread so if I am off base, forgive me. But after a bad game, 1st preseason game of the year mind you, there are those of us that believe we will cut our backup quarterback by the end of the week. And we think he sucks, because he has accumulated a "ton" of playing time while on our roster. Well hell, if we are basing are cut down lists on this game, lets unload half the roster. C'mon people, Ramsey is a servicable back up, that is what you need, that is what you got.

My biggest concern last night was penalties, and really dumb ones. At one point Moss actually lined up offsides, which mercufully didn't result in a penalty, but geez this is a basic skill of the game, if he can't master that then it is a little difficult to have alot of faith in him. False start penalties (I am not exactly sure how many), Blantant holding, those things right there are scary to me.

Pittman I thought looked good, as did Hall. Aldridge has alot of speed, but didn't seem to be able to break free at all.

Scheffler was pretty impressive, but I've always liked him, so maybe I am biased.

Royal looked solid, but I am not ready to form a real opinion on him yet.

Clady held his own, but will need more NFL playtime to really settle in.

The O-line and D-line both looked soft in my opinion, and as far as better run D this year, this next game will tell alot about that.

It seemed that occasionally the defense was confused about what they were doing, resulting in at least one play where two defenders ran into one another and the play didn't get covered at all, not to mention the little to no pass rush, which is worrisome.

I think it is too soon to write off Prater 3/4 is not bad, and he has to be feeling alot of pressure, considring how phenomenal Elam was.

All in all I think the Team gave a decent first performance, definately alot of room for improvement, especially on defense, and Shanahan needs to come to the realization that without a solid line on both sides of the ball it is much much harder to win. Those two units need work and need to start playing like a team instead of like 4 or 5 indivuals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My adopted Bronco Is Matt Prater

I'm for that absolutely! I can't stand to watch Ramsey blow another game because of his inaccurate long throws. Hackney looked really good and I'm very impressed with what I saw of him in Saturdays game, even though it was just preseason and mostly third teams on the field. I'm still trying to figure out why the Broncos got rid of Bradlee Van Pelt. He was a capable quarterback and should have been kept on to learn the system in Denver. The Broncos should call him up if he doesn't already have another job.
    Last edited by Hardcore Bronco Babe; 08-10-2008 at 04:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Return of Lava View Post
    So far I've been getting mixed signals about the team so far. I unfortunately wasnt able to watch the game, so I have no idea who's right. We all know Lava gives the best evaluations anyway so tonight I will record the game and watch extensive replays over and over of each player. Then I will post the analysis tomorrow.....stay tuned
    Excellant idea . Then if you send me a copy I can let you know how far off the mark you are.

Reasons to smile

Prater's kickoffs will be worth more than his missed fieldgoals 10 to 1 in terms of points. Field position is fundamental to wins over the course of a game and the Broncs will no longer concede the 10 to 20 yards that Elam was giving up.

The offensive line is young, inexperienced but the talent is arugably the best, largest, and most athletic in Bronco history. We WILL be moving towards dominance by midseason. If Harris stays healthy (back) we will have bookend tackles for years to come.

We need a banger for a shortyardage back but we have 3 homerun hitters at tail back. Alridge will not only make the team but he will couple with Royal to scare the living hell out of NFL defenses...this year.

The short yardage passing game will be a misnomer as short passes will turn into long, explosive gains. We have killer speed and talent at receiver..from tightend to slot to wideouts.

As for the defense: the jury is still out for this old pig skin prognosticator.

Quote Originally Posted by MindField View Post
    Blah, blah, blah...your not even relevant enough to laugh at.
    hahaha, seriously man what are you 16
    -------

I'm glad that is possibly just a sprain. I was really hoping it wasn't something way worse. It will really depend on what the MRI shows and what degree of sprain it is. Boss will be back on the field soon.

was anyone else impressed by Woodyard

I could'nt see another thread on this but if I missed it then my apologies.

I could only watch the 2nd half last night but this kid was ALL over the field!!!!! he showed 3 things that I loved!!!!!!!!

SPEED (i think that was a knock on him? but i saw no problems)

HE HITS HARD!!!!!!!

TACKLING AND DESIRE - his tackling was VERY good, i think he missed one on ST's but forced the guy inside on the fumble but overall when he got to the houston guys they were coming down. He showed alot of desire to get to the ball as quickly as possible and end the play.

He did play against the 3rd team and i'm not saying he's a starter but he looked VERY impressive.

I saw his post game interview and he said that he likes playing ST's and its the difference between winning and losing (about time SOMEONE on the broncos realised that!!!)

Why draft a good mlb ? If he doesn't look like **** Butkus his first game he'll have to go. We drafted for the d-line last year . And we'll have a good one . Give them some time.

after the smack down we got from the lions when ramsey started when cutler went down in the first quarter last year i wanted ramsey gone for him to do this bad in preseason is ridiculous i hope hackney does a great job this preseason so ramsey is gone

bring in culpepper ...... if only we had the money

He was awesome! I know he got Coach Shanahan's attention and impressed him. That is what Shanahan looks for is for people to impress him. Woodyard has strengthened his bid to make the team and I wouldn't be surprised if he made the team.

the D is still a little concerning

its only pre-season and we did hold them to 19 points but a few things worried me.

there 1st team offense moved the ball pretty well on our (kinda) #1 D. we did hold them to a field goal on one long drive but it was still a little worrying.

i only saw the 2nd half so i only have stats to go on for the 1st half but did how did webster do with the 1st D?? did niko play with the 2nd team? how did he do?

at the end of the game they had a long time killing match winning drive, i saw that TOO much last year. it was the 3rd choice D but still not great.

we were without champ, dre, D-rob and boss (for most of the game) and we done pretty well against the run. the 2 CB's done well.

i won't go over the top but last pre-season was an indication of the season aheads D problems.

Hopefully we get better there each week.

Very impressed.

Besides his big hits, he always seemed to be in position.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardcore Bronco Babe View Post
    He was awesome! I know he got Coach Shanahan's attention and impressed him. That is what Shanahan looks for is for people to impress him. Woodyard has strengthened his bid to make the team and I wouldn't be surprised if he made the team.
    your right, he did catch the eye.

i think he may be moving up to 2nd team very soon but i don't see him starting with DJ and BOSS on the outside. its probably too early for him but as the season goes on he will hopefully only get better and better.

He will be important on ST's

Quote Originally Posted by Evil14u View Post
    What I saw last night I didn't care for, but I'm not gonna give up HOPE!!! Because it does come down to the team that stays the healthiest and plays good. Look at SD, if LT had been healthy, it would have been SD beating NY in the SuperBowl and Eli would still be judged as a bust 1st rounder. So we need to stay healthy and get some of our units to play better!! I say, get someone to replace Bly, if you saw, he got burnt by a 3rd string receiver!!!!! I saw the Raider/49er game and after 1 game, looks like we may be in last place, but, that's after one game, more to come. Yes last year we were all posting and asking for Simeon Rice, who did come in and leave on bad terms. So what and where do we go and get to help our D-line??? Might be too late, the draft had some great players and we failed to get one. We get another injury prone DT, and keep bringing back the same players we put on the practice squad or release and sign 6 times over thru the season, Martinez, McDaniel and a few others...I post more after next weeks game which i'll attend and see if we can improve?? Hope Foxy/Paymah/Williams can get Bly a tix out of Denver.....
    What injury prone DT are talking about? Certainly you're not talking about Dewayne Robertson. In 5 NFL seasons, he's had 4 seasons in which he played all 16 games. The one where he missed three games had nothing to do with the knee that so many people on these boards are so ridiculously concerned about.

With a 53 man roster limit for the regular season and a salary cap, teams can not have pro bowl caliber back ups at every position. Hell, they can't even have pro bowl caliber starters at every position. Although, I would like to see the Broncos have a few more than they do. Clearly the receiver corps has been upgraded from a talent stand point.

Why would you want the guy that led the defense in interceptions last year to be cut? That doesn't make any sense. Despite what people want to believe, Foxworth isn't as good as he thinks he is. All the hate that Bly gets on these boards just doesn't make any sense.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!