View Poll Results: Grade tonights preseason opener ...

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

0 0%
  • B

6 33.33%
  • C

5 27.78%
  • D

3 16.67%
  • It's only preseason game #1

4 22.22%
Page 58 of 86 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    you know the sad and funny thing about that is even though the defense/plummer lost that game for us I still have an extreme hatred for the steelers.....it so should have been us winning that superbowl and we would have had it not been for that shaggy hillbilly of a QB.
    Damnit!! Don't go turning this into one of those threads. I agree with you, but damnit, just don't do it!!
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
    Tom Nalen, Champ Bailey, Dewayne Robertson, Peyton Hillis (broke three vertebrae in his back and had a deep thigh bruise), Ryan Torain (injured foot required surgery), Josh Barrett (has a story of injuries through his college years), Jack Williams (battled ankle injuries in college)... That's who I remember now. But I really hope they can stay healthy.
    the same champ and robertson that missed like 5 games in their careers combined?

I have a feeling were gonna have a bend but dont break D. Give up lots of yards but not a lot of points. I think the team will be alright with that style D. Your thoughts?

There are things that don't matter (Who wins, how much one unit succeeds and another fails, etc.) as the scheme and a score are worthless.

That said, how players perform on an individual basis is worth noting. And certainly the fringe players aren't going half speed as they are trying their darndest to either make the team or put enough good play on tape that someone else will notice and pick them up.

So from that standpoint it's not worthless.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

This poll sucks. Our defense doesn't struggle "year in and year out." They struggled last year because the scheme sucked and we lost Al Wilson.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

How does this poll "suck", make your choice of the two which you think effects our defensive production most. I think it is our players, period...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    This poll sucks. Our defense doesn't struggle "year in and year out." They struggled last year because the scheme sucked and we lost Al Wilson.
    the scheme does not suck. the personel we had running it sucked. Marcus Thomas a NT. might as well make Barnett a LB. i mean he has the size to doit..
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Back To Reality...

None of us know what the Broncos will be this year.
    We could have the worst OR best preseason in franchise history, and the exact opposite could play out when the season starts.
    We could even start 0-2 and then win the Superbowl, or 8-0 and miss the playoffs.

I think this board is filled with people that are just dying to make the perfect prediction, for some self-satisfying feeling of "I was smart enough to see this way back in preseason"

Sometimes a bad game leads to more bad games, sometimes it leads to changes for the better. And sometimes games aren't as good or bad as they first may seem.

Just let all the 'negative nancy vs. positive patrick' stuff die already. If someone says we are going to be 7-9, they still can be real and true fans. And if someone says we will for sure be 13-3 and win the superbowl, they aren't stupid homers.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    What injury prone DT are talking about? Certainly you're not talking about Dewayne Robertson. In 5 NFL seasons, he's had 4 seasons in which he played all 16 games. The one where he missed three games had nothing to do with the knee that so many people on these boards are so ridiculously concerned about.

With a 53 man roster limit for the regular season and a salary cap, teams can not have pro bowl caliber back ups at every position. Hell, they can't even have pro bowl caliber starters at every position. Although, I would like to see the Broncos have a few more than they do. Clearly the receiver corps has been upgraded from a talent stand point.

Why would you want the guy that led the defense in interceptions last year to be cut? That doesn't make any sense. Despite what people want to believe, Foxworth isn't as good as he thinks he is. All the hate that Bly gets on these boards just doesn't make any sense.
    I agree. Robertson can be a huge acquisition if we let him. Coming from nose tackle to being in a 4-3 with some shared weight on the line he could be phenomenal. He is in no way injury prone.
    I want to address the Bly situation. Yes I have been quoted as being a Bly hater. But, he seems to be developing a nice chemistry with the defense that seemed so pieced together last year(still that way but with more experienced players). He wants to overcome that play against Greg Jennings last year in OT but he was hurt early in that game if anyone remembers AND our former idiot defensive coordinator called a one-deep safety play so Bly was practically alone against a fast receiver deep. He still has to meet expectations. Hopefully he will this year, but if he doesn't we WILL do something about it next year.
    Last edited by ocho_cuatro; 08-10-2008 at 07:59 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine83 View Post
    None of us know what the Broncos will be this year.
    We could have the worst OR best preseason in franchise history, and the exact opposite could play out when the season starts.
    We could even start 0-2 and then win the Superbowl, or 8-0 and miss the playoffs.

I think this board is filled with people that are just dying to make the perfect prediction, for some self-satisfying feeling of "I was smart enough to see this way back in preseason"

Sometimes a bad game leads to more bad games, sometimes it leads to changes for the better. And sometimes games aren't as good or bad as they first may seem.

Just let all the 'negative nancy vs. positive patrick' stuff die already. If someone says we are going to be 7-9, they still can be real and true fans. And if someone says we will for sure be 13-3 and win the superbowl, they aren't stupid homers.
    Sorry i should have read more into this then just the thread title.!~!!
    The fool who fancies he is full of wisdom
    While he sits by his hearth at home.
    Quickly finds when questioned by others .
    That he knows nothing at all.

Team play and individual play is always important and does matter to an extent.
    That said it is preseason so many players and teams are trying to work the kinks out and perform well without getting hurt and without showing too much.
    Rookies and players on the bubble are probably playing all out.
    Emancipate your mind!
    The People's Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    There are things that don't matter (Who wins, how much one unit succeeds and another fails, etc.) as the scheme and a score are worthless.

That said, how players perform on an individual basis is worth noting. And certainly the fringe players aren't going half speed as they are trying their darndest to either make the team or put enough good play on tape that someone else will notice and pick them up.

So from that standpoint it's not worthless.
    perfectly said.

Quote Originally Posted by Q_Ball22 View Post
    I have a feeling were gonna have a bend but dont break D. Give up lots of yards but not a lot of points. I think the team will be alright with that style D. Your thoughts?
    worked in 05 but our d has to be able to create turn overs.

and the offense has to be effective like it was in 05. i think the passing game is 10 times better then 05 but i dont know about our run game.

Quote Originally Posted by ocho_cuatro View Post
    I agree. Robertson can be a huge acquisition if we let him. Coming from nose tackle to being in a 4-3 with some shared weight on the line he could be phenomenal. He is in no way injury prone.
    I want to address the Bly situation. Yes I have been quoted as being a Bly hater. But, he seems to be developing a nice chemistry with the defense that seemed so pieced together last year(still that way but with more experienced players). He wants to overcome that play against Greg Jennings last year in OT but he was hurt early in that game if anyone remembers AND our former idiot defensive coordinator called a one-deep safety play so Bly was practically alone against a fast receiver deep. He still has to meet expectations. Hopefully he will this year, but if he doesn't we WILL do something about it next year.
    I think it's possible that they already have found someone who can replace Bly, if necessary. Jack Williams could be the starter of the future according to the praise he is getting. I know that some of the draft analysis on him said that he could be a solid #2 CB.

As for Bates, I disagree with the people that like to blame him and call him an idiot. First of all, I'm not sure he was the one calling the plays. Slowik was the DC in title last year. Play calling could have been his responsibility. Second of all, Bates created top 10 defenses in two cities. The man obviously knows how to teach his scheme. The problem was the players not being able to learn it. That's their fault, not his.

That being said, the defense will benefit from the switch back to a more familiar defense. They held the Texans to 3.9 yards/carry. That's a lot better than then the 4.6 they allowed over last season. Since the Texans were without their top two running backs, a better test will be against the Cowboys when they will likely face Marion Barber and Felix Jones and a bigger offensive line than what Houston has.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

our d was good in 04,05,06. does anyone remember the streak we had to start in 06. we gave up like 2 TD's in the first 6 games

last year was the exception. we tried something new last year and it didnt work.

were going back to what the broncos have been doing in the past. our players are much better suited for the system we are going to run this year.