View Poll Results: Grade tonights preseason opener ...

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

0 0%
  • B

6 33.33%
  • C

5 27.78%
  • D

3 16.67%
  • It's only preseason game #1

4 22.22%
Page 61 of 86 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 71 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by premier-ace55 View Post
    He was a solid player and may very well be a starter i just saying the broncos zone blocking system i think that he isn't that effective. F
    Holland does fit the ZBS. He may be colossal in stature but he shifts his weight extremely well. Last year's decline in the OL play can be attributed to the group. The whole right side were new starters and by week 6 or whenever Nalen went down, only Lepsis had started at his position previously (and even then he was out for 2006). It's very hard to run the ZBS well when you have 4 new players playing together. But as I said before, Holland fits well because he is a great mix of size and athleticism. Having one of those traits doesn't necessarily preclude a lineman from possessing the other: Ryan Clady is a case in point.

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

I was never a fan of us signing Ramsey in the first place I wouldn't mind seeing him go. There are some better QB's in free agency.
    Kyle Orton Army #184

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosinindy View Post
    im well aware of his back ground. i just really wantted ot know what his strengths and weaknesses were last night.
    woah my bad, i would have to say pass blocking was pretty good, he has really good upper body stregth, but like the rest of the line he needed work in run blocking. sorry if i came off weird

Quote Originally Posted by premier-ace55 View Post
    I agree on both statements. Jarvis Moss is not using his hands well. Tim Crowder wasn't as bad as what i thought woody paige portrayed him to be in his article however they both need a lot of coaching particulary on using there hands to gain seperation. Jarvis may have to really look at film of thinner de's for guidance i never saw any pass rush moves and mainly looked like he would either try to beat his man to the edge or a bull rush. I think that he has to try to use leverage and speed alot better especially at 245. I see potential in both though.

MLB ugggh!!!! i really think they should give Spencer Larsen a shot i know he didn't look great last night and i'm not sure he even had a tackle however I really think he has the instincts and skills to be a solid middle linebacker especially against the run. I really feel strongly about this. Nate and Niko just do not gain seperation and relay way too much on speed.
    wow niko doesnt have alot of speed first of all and thinks to much. webster reacts and fits this scheme just fine. he had 13 plays and had 3 tackles, i dont think thats a bad PRESEASON night by any standards for a MLB. and again when pressure and blitz packages get installed you will see some good things ahead

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    its only pre-season and we did hold them to 19 points but a few things worried me.

there 1st team offense moved the ball pretty well on our (kinda) #1 D. we did hold them to a field goal on one long drive but it was still a little worrying.

i only saw the 2nd half so i only have stats to go on for the 1st half but did how did webster do with the 1st D?? did niko play with the 2nd team? how did he do?

at the end of the game they had a long time killing match winning drive, i saw that TOO much last year. it was the 3rd choice D but still not great.

we were without champ, dre, D-rob and boss (for most of the game) and we done pretty well against the run. the 2 CB's done well.

i won't go over the top but last pre-season was an indication of the season aheads D problems.

Hopefully we get better there each week.
    We were pushed down the field to easily by a average O, work must come fast!
    ~RSth Lncus T@T mO Po*

Its what a man knows about himself inside that makes him afraid!

UNC Tarheels!!!!

umm... the D has never been a concern of mine

ooohhhh... defense... yea, they looked ok... lol

i like the rookies jack "muhfuggin" williams, josh "speedygonzales" barret, and wesley "wherestheball" woodyard... they were impressive!

all said, taking into consideration that it was pretty much 2nd team, and that preseason D is "vanilla" - as everyone likes to say, i liked what i saw. i love seeing that corner blitz!!! i can't wait to see more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Q_Ball22 View Post
    I have a feeling were gonna have a bend but dont break D. Give up lots of yards but not a lot of points. I think the team will be alright with that style D. Your thoughts?
    With the explosive offense that we are capable of having, I believe that if were holding our opponents to field goals, then were going to win ALOT of ball games this year.
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Good read. I'd like to see Barrett light it up a little more, but he was decent. I hope Larsen can too. The rest of the rookies look solid or better, I'm excited. Anyone look at Clady when he stood next to the other linemen? He looks like he's twice their size!
    Made by Houshmazode

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine83 View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice, if since we already have a Brandon Stokley, if Eddie Royal turned out to be more like a Steve Smith/Santana Moss kind of player. I think Stokley will last another 3 years if he is used sparingly in the slot, then a few years from now we draft someone to take his spot.

I'm just pointing this out because everyone assumes he will be a slot receiver because his size, but if he is truly 'The best WR in the draft" as Shanahan proclaimed, then he could end up more than just a slot guy.

Personally, if he ended up anywhere near Steve Smith range, I would be ecstatic. Smith is one of my favorite players to watch in the NFL.
    i dont think that thats a fair thing to ask of royal. even steve smith isnt always steve smith. but i think royal could be a great #2 reciever and complement to brandon marshall, if he does that he will greatly improve this team.
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

As long as he doesn't clock Champ or Bly I'd be all for it.

Wouldn't it be nice if we were older?
    Then we wouldn't have to wait so long

I watched the game and noticed that Niko hesitated on a lot of plays coming his way. Did anyone else notice this?

Marshall and Royal could be a similar combo to Smith/McCaffrey. It's an exciting prospect.

Also, I have a feeling that somewhere along the line we'll be looking at Earl Bennett if he's allowed to move away from Chi-town.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Power View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if we were older?
    Then we wouldn't have to wait so long
    Not really. I only have two years of my course left. And I don't really want to do a PhD. I'm not ready for the outside world yet, nor am I prepared for the possibility of face wrinkles (especially crow's feet), declining ability to metabolise alcohol or waning sexual vigour
    Last edited by muse; 08-11-2008 at 07:37 AM.

Elvon Millervil eat grues for breakfast.

Pey-Pey to Bey-Bey for the Tey-Dey.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie Man View Post
    Good read. I'd like to see Barrett light it up a little more, but he was decent. I hope Larsen can too. The rest of the rookies look solid or better, I'm excited. Anyone look at Clady when he stood next to the other linemen? He looks like he's twice their size!
    he is a baaaaaaad dude
    @MisterBerman

Go Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Very impressed.

Besides his big hits, he always seemed to be in position.
    Exactly what I was thinking. Also, he wrapped up and finished tackles. Ian Gold should watch some tape on this guy...ha.