View Poll Results: Grade tonights preseason opener ...

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

0 0%
  • B

6 33.33%
  • C

5 27.78%
  • D

3 16.67%
  • It's only preseason game #1

4 22.22%
Page 69 of 86 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1280
    Here is an interesting stat line .... Rec 39, Yds 477, 2 TD Thats not at all impressive...

"What if" The Broncos cut this guy after his first season with the team ...

I hope Royal can breakout as a rookie and push Marshall, if so they would be a great tandem.

I know it's hard, and eveyone is anxious for the Broncos to get rolling, but you have to RELAX and remember this is the first PRESEASON game.

Although I agree you would like to see your professonal atheletes give 100% all the time (lord knows there are not many of us who can get away with 'phoning in' a performance in our jobs) but there are aspects about the game that we don't really know...

Maybe he's nursing a minor injury and doesn't want to strain it before he has to. Maybe he knew the coaches were not looking at evaluating the recievers anyway so maximum effort in a preseason game would be wasted- especially if he got injured! Heck, for all we know Shanahan told them not to show anything they can look at on tape!

The bottom line is that if he gets cut during pre-season, then we can say, well WE never saw any reason to keep him up to that point. But you may want to wait until the season starts before writing off a player.

I wonder if Randy Moss goes 100% in the first game of the pre-season, if he even plays at all...???

Quote Originally Posted by Mile High Jedi View Post
    I wonder if Randy Moss goes 100% in the first game of the pre-season, if he even plays at all...???
    Moss doesn't have to, because he has checked himself in as A: a part of the final roster, and B: a true playmaker.

Colbert, is nowhere even close between the two of these. He better bust his ass just to make the final cut.

mess up

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal19 View Post
    Near the end of the second half, after Turk nearly ran for the 1st down, they reviewed the play and said to put 1:00 on the clock since it was a turnover on downs. Looking at the replay, that seems correct because Turks knee hit the ground with 1:00 left and it seems that the clock should stop right then due to a change in possession.

Then, after Kubiak argued, they changed the clock to 42 seconds left. I'm guessing they know what they are doing, so does anybody know why they did roll the clock down to 42 seconds?
    I fyou actually go back and look at the game, the clock people or whomever actually never reset it, and it stayed 1 minute so no loss there.

What is going on with this board. I used to like to snoop around on here and read some of the posts and once in a while post myself. However now everytime I look around I look at three threads shake my head and click the little red x in the right hand corner.

To the OP, what is your theory?????? As someone said earlier you stated a few facts that every person in Colorado knows.

Is there a better forum for Bronco fans????
    [COLOR=Orange]Adopted Bronco: Cecil the Diesel Sapp[/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by broncos0707 View Post
    Marshall--- Good
    Royal made a great catch in coverage against the first string.
    D-Jackson looked pretty good
    Stokley always good
    Now what about

Sammy parker? I did not see him all game

Colbert Lazy what a waste of money

martinez looked pretty good.

What did you guys think of them? Shanny said it could be one of the best in the league. Sorry, hate to say it but I did not see that.
    These 4 are definitely the best WR we have so far. We also have Scheffler, Nate Jackson, and Graham who was more involved in the passing game. That is 7 quality receivers. Not too shabby add to that another 1 or 2 WR who make the team and we have a good, deep group of receivers this year. I don't think we will have nearly the problems converting 3rd downs like we did last year and red zone play will be much better as well. I can hardly wait to see them in action in a real game this year.

Has lorne sam even had any opportunities so far? A lot of fans were excited about him when we signed him, but I heard he didnt get much work in training camp and I dont think he played at all in the preseason game.

Quote Originally Posted by cairin72432 View Post
    I fyou actually go back and look at the game, the clock people or whomever actually never reset it, and it stayed 1 minute so no loss there.
    urm no... I just looked again and they did change it to 42 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Moss doesn't have to, because he has checked himself in as A: a part of the final roster, and B: a true playmaker.

Colbert, is nowhere even close between the two of these. He better bust his ass just to make the final cut.
    100% correct sir, id rather have martinez on the damn team, with just his effort alone he will make more plays than colbert
    -------

So if you guys are talkin about effort, why don't we just cut Cutler aswell. His numbers are good but not damn near impressive. He didn't give 100%, he'll did he even play! Look what I'm trying to say is don't judge a plays until the regular season Starts. That's when everything matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigal19 View Post
    Also, Im not sure anybody noticed, but after Prater missed the FG and they went to a commercial, they came back and it was suddenly 2nd and 9. They missed an entire play! According to NFL.com's play-by-play apparently Ekuban made a tackle.
    Ha...actually I did not notice that! I have to look at it again but after the first series I had to get the grill going because we were having some friends over for the UFC fight. So I listened to the game on the radio when I was grilling.

Anyway they really to do some work because it looked like a 2nd rate operation/production. But it's a lot easier being an armchair QB right!

Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.

**Team Signature Compliments of Stand Ablaze**

Quote Originally Posted by D_Broncs_913 View Post
    So if you guys are talkin about effort, why don't we just cut Cutler aswell. His numbers are good but not damn near impressive. He didn't give 100%, he'll did he even play! Look what I'm trying to say is don't judge a plays until the regular season Starts. That's when everything matters.
    *** are you talking about
    -------

Actually, he was giving 76%, but who's counting?

If Colbert can't beat out Martinez then he needs to give it up, and he better get it in gear soon because, according to Mike Shanahan, this is the best group of WR's in the league......76% just won't be good enough......

Abdulla, what is the deal?

I read on here that he is injured? when was this, I must have missed this? Is it serious, this would be bad, because he clearly is our best safety.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]