Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Update on Eddie Royal?

OK guys I'm glad to see us win that game last night, it was the most exciting Broncos game I have ever seen since the days of Elway tbh...

On to the topic of this thread. After Eddie Royal made the 2pt conversion catch he looked like he was hurt. I went to NFL.com today to look up jay cutlers stats and the highlight for him showed the 2pt conversion and the KOA radio announcer (dave logan?) said "Royal is still down in the back of the Denver endzone"

I came here to see if anyone has any knowledge about his status.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post
    OK guys I'm glad to see us win that game last night, it was the most exciting Broncos game I have ever seen since the days of Elway tbh...

On to the topic of this thread. After Eddie Royal made the 2pt conversion catch he looked like he was hurt. I went to NFL.com today to look up jay cutlers stats and the highlight for him showed the 2pt conversion and the KOA radio announcer (dave logan?) said "Royal is still down in the back of the Denver endzone"

He is fine, I saw a post game interview and he said that Stokley knocked the wind out of him when he jumped on him to celebrate. He said he would take that injury any day.

I think he is fine. He didn't mention he was hurt or anything in any of the interviews I have seen.

If I was him I would lay there too. That was a HUGE play for a rookie to make. I would want to soak that moment in. EDD-IE

Sig by Peerless

hes fin e

ok good to know thanks for the replies.

Stokley injured em, lol...funny story to be honest. Glad our Royal highness is okay, he needs to carve up the Saints secondary with help from his big bro Marshall next week

Hes out for the season with a broken ribcage

he's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigplayshay84 View Post

look at the replay of the two point conversion. #42, Clinton Hart, knees Royal right in the ribs...that probably bruised his ribs or knocked his breath out

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

EDDIE ROYAL IS AWESOME!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anikai View Post
    EDDIE ROYAL IS AWESOME!!
    yeah but his weakness showed yesterday.

He can't beat physical CB's....he was held to ZERO catches vs. the most physical CB tandem in preseason (Green Bay w/ Woodson & Harris) and he was virtually a non-factor vs. Jammer, who is also a pretty physical cornerback.

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post

He can't beat physical CB's....he was held to ZERO catches vs. the most physical CB tandem in preseason (Green Bay w/ Woodson & Harris) and he was virtually a non-factor vs. Jammer, who is also a pretty physical cornerback.
    D.Hall is a physical CB, So is Aso.What you just said makes no sense
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...llisSalute.jpg

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

I was thinking while it was going on that they were trying to burn the 10 second injury rule. Take 10 seconds off the clock if they don't have a timeout left to get an injured player off the field. I probably have the rule wrong, but I wouldn't put it past Shanny to do that. :lol:
    Ready for the friggen season already!

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post

what are you talking about? Rookie recievers rarely make an impact there first year...and royal had 9 and 5 catches against two of the top secondaries in the game....including the game winning touchdown/2pt conversion against SD....i dont see a weekness in that

Royal wasn't supposed to get a lot of catches this game. I am pretty sure they had wanted it to be Marshall from the start. Royal's worth was in that the Chargers had to think about him.