Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I hope people keep saying "we should have lost" and they put it on the player's lockers.

By the way, did anyone notice that Favre looked like he has no idea what he's doing? The chargers still gave up a bunch of points in spite of the Jets turning the ball over four times. Favre looks like he's totally lost.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
    I hope people keep saying "we should have lost" and they put it on the player's lockers.

By the way, did anyone notice that Favre looked like he has no idea what he's doing? The chargers still gave up a bunch of points in spite of the Jets turning the ball over four times. Favre looks like he's totally lost.
    I think the Jets will improved fast, Favre is just to new to that system. On the other hand the Charger SPANKED a defense that is supposed to be better then ours, so... I hope that means something I guess.

But then again you look at where Favre is coming from, GreenBay. Who are doing great with a new QB. Maybe that means something too, like Favre was a product of the system towards the end.

The season is young, Jets offense could get a lot better. I just hope our D is better then the stats.
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...llisSalute.jpg

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

The Chugger D was pretty stingy in the first half. Those blitzes were keeping Favre out of rhythm, even if they weren't resulting in a ton of sacks. It sure looked like their coverage was better downfield, too. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. Most of the points they gave up were garbage time.

You know, I thought Kornheiser was okay on PTI because he's a goofball you can take in small doses. But having to listen to him for over 3 hours each week on MNF got old after the first preseason MNF game... LAST YEAR!

Seriously, he was one of the worst possible choices for that job and I can't believe ESPN brought him back for a second season.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Sorry, I'm not buying it. The Chargers have played one good defense this year and that was Carolina at home. Who have the Jets stopped? The Matt Cassal led Patriots? The Dolphins who saved their cards to ambush the Patriots? The answer is "none of the above."

The Jets failed to recover an onside kick and Favre's inability to know what he was doing caused three ints. Then there was the fumble. I'll spot Comartie and the fumble to the Chargers defense. So basically that's five turnovers. Any team that gets five turnovers is going to look good. Honestly there were players open and Favre couldn't find them because he doesn't know what he's doing. Half their ints were Favre throwing to nobody. Their team still gave up thirty points at home to a totally out of whack Jets offense. I'm not ready to say the Chargers defense is all that awesome. Let's see how they do against teams that don't suck (like us). So far they've folded when they needed a play most.
    KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!

The fact that Kornheizer gets paid to analyze sports is a joke....... A trained monkey could do a better job and thats fo sho.

Sorry, I'm not buying it. The Chargers have played one good defense this year and that was Carolina at home. Who have the Jets stopped? The Matt Cassal led Patriots? The Dolphins who saved their cards to ambush the Patriots? The answer is "none of the above."

The Jets failed to recover an onside kick and Favre's inability to know what he was doing caused three ints. Then there was the fumble. I'll spot Comartie and the fumble to the Chargers defense. So basically that's five turnovers. Any team that gets five turnovers is going to look good. Honestly there were players open and Favre couldn't find them because he doesn't know what he's doing. Half their ints were Favre throwing to nobody. Their team still gave up thirty points at home to a totally out of whack Jets offense. I'm not ready to say the Chargers defense is all that awesome. Let's see how they do against teams that don't suck (like us). So far they've folded when they needed a play most.

They folded when facing a Steve Smith - Less Panthers team and we know what happen against our offense. There D is as bad as ours. This game was like us playing Oakland. They played a team that shot themselves in the foot. But no analyst will admit it because they want the Chargers to be a the Cinderella team this year. Well sorry but if they cross a potent offense whether its ours or another team then they will need their offense to outscore their opponents which they failed on the 2 situations they faced this year.

Is it just me or is something wrong here but I suddenly respect Rivers he hasn't started to act like a Jackass but more on the humble side when he speaks. Good job Philip but Jay is still better.

True. But on the other hand, they don't face a lot of good offenses in their remaining schedule, kind of like the Broncos. It'll be interesting to see which team plays less sucky on defense the rest of the way so that they keep winning ballgames.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    You know, I thought Kornheiser was okay on PTI because he's a goofball you can take in small doses. But having to listen to him for over 3 hours each week on MNF got old after the first preseason MNF game... LAST YEAR!

Seriously, he was one of the worst possible choices for that job and I can't believe ESPN brought him back for a second season.
    Worse yet, I have seen very very few people that like the guy. Maybe one person on some other forum. I cannot stand the whinny bum.
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...llisSalute.jpg

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Chargers

I am thinking, after that MNF game. We had better keep up at the pace we are going. The Chargers are getting into a powder puff part of their schedule and will have a winning record in two weeks, by my estimation (no stretch there I know). They look awesome on offence and their defence looked a little better this week. We now, after KC have to play some scrappy teams.

I'm tired of hearing crap like that. "They should have lost"

***? No we shouldn't have!

That's like saying the Cowboys should have lost that Superbowl against the Bills when the Bills missed that last minute FG. But no instead everybody ran around in the field throwing daises in the air about how good the Cowboys were.

Last year everybody said we should have been 0-2 when we beat Buffalo and Oakland on last second field goals, and you know what, we shouldn't have been 0-2, but most of the people on the forums knew that we sucked donkey balls because we just beat 2 piss poor teams by field goals.

This year we DOMINATED Oakland, and LEGITIMATELY beat the Chargers and the Saints, two very strong teams.

And heck, maybe the defense really isn't that bad. The Cowboys gave up 37 points to the Eagles, and then they hold the Packers to 16, the Eagles gave up 41 points to the Cowboys, and then the hold the Steelers to 6.

Light at the end of the tunnel maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Terrell_Davis View Post
    The Chugger D was pretty stingy in the first half. Those blitzes were keeping Favre out of rhythm, even if they weren't resulting in a ton of sacks. It sure looked like their coverage was better downfield, too. Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come. Most of the points they gave up were garbage time.
    The Chargers D is actually starting to play better earlier in the season than last year. This could be a bad thing for the AFC.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I am thinking, after that MNF game. We had better keep up at the pace we are going. The Chargers are getting into a powder puff part of their schedule and will have a winning record in two weeks, by my estimation (no stretch there I know). They look awesome on offence and their defence looked a little better this week. We now, after KC have to play some scrappy teams.
    this is where the season turns for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoserman117 View Post
    I'm tired of hearing crap like that. "They should have lost"

***? No we shouldn't have!

That's like saying the Cowboys should have lost that Superbowl against the Bills when the Bills missed that last minute FG. But no instead everybody ran around in the field throwing daises in the air about how good the Cowboys were.

Last year everybody said we should have been 0-2 when we beat Buffalo and Oakland on last second field goals, and you know what, we shouldn't have been 0-2, but most of the people on the forums knew that we sucked donkey balls because we just beat 2 piss poor teams by field goals.

This year we DOMINATED Oakland, and LEGITIMATELY beat the Chargers and the Saints, two very strong teams.

And heck, maybe the defense really isn't that bad. The Cowboys gave up 37 points to the Eagles, and then they hold the Packers to 16, the Eagles gave up 41 points to the Cowboys, and then the hold the Steelers to 6.

Light at the end of the tunnel maybe?

YOU DID NOT WIN EITHER GAME LEGITIMATELY. You may have 2 Ws in the standings but don't act like you haven't gotten the calls.

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonSaint View Post
    YOU DID NOT WIN EITHER GAME LEGITIMATELY. You may have 2 Ws in the standings but don't act like you haven't gotten the calls.
    Well dont act like the Saints and the Chargers have not gotten the calls either bone head.