Page 1 of 63 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

The perfect season.

First off, i know our defense is lacking, but dont worry, it'll improve after as the year goes on. Chargers could move the ball like that on anyone, but compared to how other teams would do against them, we're not too bad off. We're stacked with talent on defense, it'll just take some players to step up and make the "big play" inorder to take some pressure off our offense. Give it time to play out, it will come.

Our offense is as potent as anyone's, and I believe "potent" is the exact word for it. The chargers Defense is just about best in the league and we were able to move the ball on them at will. Had we not got the shanahan conservatism in the 3rd that was awfully familiar, I think we could have gone for the jugular, not given them a chance to rebound, and win that game by 2 scores. We can go score for score with any team, but our offense looks unique. Pat's last year were good, but our depth at each receiving spot, including tightend, is phenomenal. We can spread the ball out and our Oline is playing better than i think anyone of us could have asked for in terms of pass blocking. As we pass more now and teams realize that, it'll open up for big run gains early and late in the game. To beat us, your going to have to have a high powered offense, and with brady done, the patriots lose that "it" factor.We're dam near unstoppable.

Heres the games that I think we'll have the most trouble with: Saints,bucs,,panthers, bills and chargers.

game 3: The saints are an interesting team, they have a stout defense and a very effective, air it out offense, with a dual threat in bush and mcCalister. Most importantly will be bush's ability to catch out of the backfield, that is going to give up problems. But i think all in all, we'll be able to out score them and possibly even get 2 INT's. Ill go with 34-24

game 4: The chiefs vs broncos game was described by someone on NFL network as a "Homecoming" game. We're rivals, so they will play with intensity, but as long as we dont over look them, we should get a solid win. But most importantly, our defense will have a chance to step up and have a good game, thus boosting their confidence and helping in the weeks to come. Broncos win 38-13

game 5: The Bucs have a great defense, but once spread out, I think they're vulnerable. Their offense IMO lacks the passing firepower to hang with us, but grahm is a hard runner and will give us problems. While we're focused on grahm, it'll open the pass for them. But once again, i doubt they can match our offensive firepower. Broncos win 27-17

game 6: The jags have been devastated by injury. Almost their entire starting line is out and they just dont look like the dominant force this year like i thought they would. Once again, i doubt they are in a position to match us on offense, but their running attack is scary. It'll be a tough game, but I see us coming out on top 28-14

game 7: The cheaters. Like i said, without brady, they lose that "it" factor. No way can they match up score for score now. They're defense is still good, but older and slower. We'll spread them out and have our way with them. 34-21

game 8: Miami, lets be honest, they're going to have another rough, rough year. Im not dissing them, but we'll also have our way with them. 45-10

game 9: The browns. Interesting match up. Jamal lewis is a beast and our tackling does not look superb. I think jamal will have a good game, and their defense showed against the stealers that they can rise to the occassion even though they are considered to be a poor defense. We'll need champ on edwards AND kellen, both are super scary threats and it has me worried. Once again, our offense is so potent, I think we'll be scoring all night, as well letting them fly into the endzone alot. Due to their offense, i think we'll be trying to score up until the final few minutes, should be a high scoring game Final score, broncos 54, browns 31.

game 10: Atlanta looked very good in week 1. Then they played a legit team in week 2 and showed turner will not be putting up 200+ rushing yards each game and ryan is still a rookie. They'll show heart, but they are not on our level. 38-17

game 11: Oakland! Man i hate those ignorant fans. Its sad you have to fear for your health because you want to go to a away game there....russel will im prove by then and Mcfadden might even be starting. It'll be bitter game on their part so they will play hard, but i see a similar outcome as the first time around.

game 12: The jets had the best offseason picks ups than any other team. They're solid, but I see no reason why it'll be an extremely close game. 31-17

game 13: see game 4.

game 14: Da panthers! They're looking good this year, but they keep coming from behind to get the win and with our potent offense, I think we'll put em in the whole early and keeping scoring. They're defense is no joke though, and wow is the running game going to give us alot of problems. should be a great game. broncos 34, panthers 28

game 15: Bills look great this year and lynch is going to give us hell. Trent edwards looks great as well as evans. They're a very stout team defensively and should be a very intense, hard fought battle. I see it 31-28.

game 16: dun dun duunnnnn! Hmm, lets just say we're still undefeated, do we play the chargers our starters, give them the rematch they deserve and go for the perfect season? Very hard to know right now. This game is our biggest threat IMO. -dont even know what to put here.

Im not saying we're going to outscore every team and no other team has a chance and blah blah blah. This is all hypothetical. These all are saying only if we stay healthy and play to the best of our ability each week and continue to improve. And if your saying its unrealistic to think we'll get that many points each game, I only say that many because of our defense. Unless we have a complete turn around, offensives are going to exploit of weakness on D and we're going to have to match them each score and beyond to help out our defense. Usually its The defense that has to help the offense by keeping the score low. It will be the opposite for us this year, we'll need plenty of points to give the defense some breathing room and to keep them of the field as much as possible. I think its possible, and with the way things are going, i think we can match any team in the NFL right now. The chargers were the best early test we could get and we passed.
    Last edited by CutlerEra06; 09-15-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CutlerEra06 View Post
    First off, i know our defense is lacking, but dont worry, it'll improve after as the year goes on. Chargers could move the ball like that on anyone, but compared to how other teams would do against them, we're not too bad off. We're stacked with talent on defense, it'll just take some players to step up and make the "big play" inorder to take some pressure off our offense. Give it time to play out, it will come.

Our offense is as potent as anyone's, and I believe "potent" is the exact word for it. The chargers Defense is just about best in the league and we were able to move the ball on them at will. Had we not got the shanahan conservatism in the 3rd that was awfully familiar, I think we could have gone for the jugular, not given them a chance to rebound, and win that game by 2 scores. We can go score for score with any team, but our offense looks unique. Pat's last year were good, but our depth at each receiving spot, including tightend, is phenomenal. We can spread the ball out and our Oline is playing better than i think anyone of us could have asked for in terms of pass blocking. As we pass know and teams realize that, it'll open up for big run gains early and late in the game. To beat us, your going to have to have a high powered offense, and with brady done, the patriots lose that "it" factor.We're dam near unstoppable.

Heres the games that I think we'll have the most trouble with: Saints,bucs, colts,panthers, bills and chargers.

game 3: The saints are an interesting team, they have a stout defense and a very effective, air it out offense, with a dual threat in bush and mcCalister. Most importantly will be bush's ability to catch out of the backfield, that is going to give up problems. But i think all in all, we'll be able to out score them and possibly even get 2 INT's. Ill go with 34-24

game 4: The chiefs vs broncos game was described by someone on NFL network as a "Homecoming" game. We're rivals, so they will play with intensity, but as long as we dont over look them, we should get a solid win. But most importantly, our defense will have a chance to step up and have a good game, thus boosting their confidence and helping in the weeks to come. Broncos win 38-13

game 5: The Bucs have a great defense, but once spread out, I think they're vulnerable. Their offense IMO lacks the passing firepower to hang with us, but grahm is a hard runner and will give us problems. While we're focused on grahm, it'll open the pass for them. But once again, i doubt they can match our offensive firepower. Broncos win 27-17

game 6: The jags have been devastated by injury. Almost their entire starting line is out and they just dont look like the dominant force this year like i thought they would. Once again, i doubt they are in a position to match us on offense, but their running attack is scary. It'll be a tough game, but I see us coming out on top 28-14

game 7: The cheaters. Like i said, without brady, they lose that "it" factor. No way can they match up score for score now. They're defense is still good, but older and slower. We'll spread them out and have our way with them. 34-21

game 8: Miami, lets be honest, they're going to have another rough, rough year. Im not dissing them, but we'll also have our way with them. 45-10

game 9: The browns. Interesting match up. Jamal lewis is a beast and our tackling does not look superb. I think jamal will have a good game, and their defense showed against the stealers that they can rise to the occassion even though they are considered to be a poor defense. We'll need champ on edwards AND kellen, both are super scary threats and it has me worried. Once again, our offense is so potent, I think we'll be scoring all night, as well letting them fly into the endzone alot. Due to their offense, i think we'll be trying to score up until the final few minutes, should be a high scoring game Final score, broncos 54, browns 31.

game 10: Atlanta looked very good in week 1. Then they played a legit team in week 2 and showed turner will not be putting up 200+ rushing yards each game and ryan is still a rookie. They'll show heart, but they are not on our level. 38-17

game 11: Oakland! Man i hate those ignorant fans. Its sad you have to fear for your health because you want to go to a away game there....russel will im prove by then and Mcfadden might even be starting. It'll be bitter game on their part so they will play hard, but i see a similar outcome as the first time around.

game 12: The jets had the best offseason picks ups than any other team. They're solid, but I see no reason why it'll be an extremely close game. 31-14

game 13: see game 4.

game 14: Da panthers! They're looking good this year, but they keep coming from behind to get the win and with our potent offense, I think we'll put em in the whole early and keeping scoring. They're defense is no joke though, and wow is the running game going to give us alot of problems. should be a great game. broncos 28, panthers 21

game 15: Bills look great this year and lynch is going to give us hell. Trent edwards looks great as well as evans. They're a very stout team defensively and should be a very intense, hard fought battle. I see it 31-28.

game 16: dun dun duunnnnn! Hmm, lets just say we're still undefeated, do we play the chargers our starters, give them the rematch they deserve and go for the perfect season? Very hard to know right now. This game is our biggest threat IMO. -dont even know what to put here.

Im not saying we're going to outscore every team and no other team has a chance and blah blah blah. This is all hypothetical. These all are saying only if we stay healthy and play to the best of our ability each week and continue to approve. And if your saying its unrealistic to think we'll get that many points each game, I only say that many because of our defense. Unless we have a complete turn around, offensives are going to exploit of weakness on D and we're going to have to match them each score and beyond to help out our defense. Usually its The defense that has to help the offense by keeping the score low. It will be the opposite for us this year, we'll need plenty of points to give the defense some breathing room and to keep them of the field as much as possible. I think its possible, and with the way things are going, i think we can match any team in the NFL right now. The chargers were the best early test we could get and we passed.

If we get passed the Saints then I will respond to this more. It was nice of you to write this all out but as of now dude.........................Lets see if we are a playoff caliber team first. Remember we were a 2-0 team last year when everything went haywire so yea I am pumped as you and we have all the chance in the world to go undefeated as long as Jay and our offense play at a high level. The same could be said about the Charger 2. no 16-0 but you never know they have come back from this hole before. Overall, we need to focus on the Saints and there X-Factor Reginald VelJohnson......OoooO I mean Reginald Bush.

Quote Originally Posted by IDI I3R0NC0 IBI View Post
    If we get passed the Saints then I will respond to this more. It was nice of you to write this all out but as of now dude.........................Lets see if we are a playoff caliber team first. Remember we were a 2-0 team last year when everything went haywire so yea I am pumped as you and we have all the chance in the world to go undefeated as long as Jay and our offense play at a high level. The same could be said about the Charger 2. no 16-0 but you never know they have come back from this hole before. Overall, we need to focus on the Saints and there X-Factor Reginald VelJohnson......OoooO I mean Reginald Bush.

yeah I agree. That what the last paragraph was all about. Its almost ignorant to give scores like I did, but its all hypothetical. Your also right in the fact that Alot more will be clear after the saints game. But jay is ready to take his game playing ability and the broncos to that next level.

Ok, hold on there partner.
    We own Oakland and get lucky against San Diego and people are talking about a perfect season? Come on now. We started off 2-0 last year, remember? And alot of good it did us. I'm just as happy as every other fan over the state of the team but they are not going to be perfect.
    And plus, if we were to go 19-0, I would want to do it with a healthy league and not rely on injuries.

dude this rocks

dude your stats and comments rock but damn can you tell the future or something I hope the football gods read your paragraph and make it happen.
    MAKE iT HAPPEN
    Last edited by BRONCONAYSHiN; 09-15-2008 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRONCONAYSHiN View Post
    dude your stats and comments rock but damn can you tell the future or something I hope the football gods read your paragraph and make it happen.
    MAKE iT HAPPEN
    All hypothetical. Each score and game is best case scenario. Theres is something different about our offense, its unique and truly something to marvel at.

Saints have a stout D?

Chargers do not have an elite defense. Their D relies so much on QB pressure and without Merriman teams can load up on Phillips. Cromartie is extremely physically talented, but with no pass rush (as we all know too well) a good CB will get burnt everytime. The rest of their secondary is nothing special.

Quote Originally Posted by toxicdonut View Post
    Saints have a stout D?

Chargers do not have an elite defense. Their D relies so much on QB pressure and without Merriman teams can load up on Phillips. Cromartie is extremely physically talented, but with no pass rush (as we all know too well) a good CB will get burnt everytime. The rest of their secondary is nothing special.
    Stout as in Tough and physical. They'll play us hard i guarantee it.

They are one of the best in the league at offense and defense. Its easy to pick apart each little thing, but they have alot of talent and are better than a 0-2 team. There really is no other team that you can say it way better than them, they're skilled in almost all areas and present alot of problems for teams. they are legit.

Yeah, they're definitely playoff calibur. I just think their defense won't be as intimidating as usual. They rely so much on pressure and turnovers.

Don't worry. They're just a little jaded from past dashed SB dreams. Not invited to the prom and scared to ask for a date.

Don't be afraid to be a success, reach for the sky, winners never quit, dreams are only a pill away, haters wanna hate - ballers wanna ball.

Really though, if we get past the Saints and avoid injuries (KOW) there is no other team that should have a legitimate chance of stacking up with us except SD in week 17. I'm sure both teams will have evened out by then and as of now we are about equal.

...and we have to score 25+ a game

Quote Originally Posted by Zanders76 View Post
    Don't worry. They're just a little jaded from past dashed SB dreams. Not invited to the prom and scared to ask for a date.

Don't be afraid to be a success, reach for the sky, winners never quit, dreams are only a pill away, haters wanna hate - ballers wanna ball.

Really though, if we get past the Saints and avoid injuries (KOW) there is no other team that should have a legitimate chance of stacking up with us except SD in week 17. I'm sure both teams will have evened out by then and as of now we are about equal.

...and we have to score 25+ a game

preach it!..Like i said, this is all hypothetical. But if we play to the best of our ability, I dont see why its not possible...im tellin you, our offense is absolutely insane...culter has it all in a quarterback. Big arm, amazing abilty to gun it into places that only the receiver can get it, smarts and he knows being careless is something he has to work on. 3rd years a charm for cutler.

aw maybe the schedule does look kinda easy

I will say that back in 98 when we where so close to the perfect season that was an awesome feeling to watch that year....All I want is to win next week that is as far I am looking for now....But if we did that would be the biggest comeback ever in football to go from 7-9 and then go undefeated the next year......If it did happen all we would hear is yeah but the ref gave them that game with sd...It would be almost like with the pats and cheatergate last year......
    [SIGPIC]http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=347488&dateline=1204137997[/SIGPIC]

GO BRONCOS IN 2008[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Orange"][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by RaiderHater9899 View Post
    Ok, hold on there partner.
    We own Oakland and get lucky against San Diego and people are talking about a perfect season? Come on now. We started off 2-0 last year, remember? And alot of good it did us. I'm just as happy as every other fan over the state of the team but they are not going to be perfect.
    And plus, if we were to go 19-0, I would want to do it with a healthy league and not rely on injuries.
    The Chargers are probably the toughest opponent we face, so the fact that we beat them early is great.

The Broncos played a bit sloppy Sunday, because of what the Chargers have done to them in the past. They were a little too eager to win. Despite that bad call, the Broncos earned every point. We let some big plays happen, but stopped the Chargers in the redzone. If we don't let the big play happen, I think we can keep teams out in the redzone.
    http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...llisSalute.jpg

:salute!: !!Get well soon!!:salute!:

Quote Originally Posted by SlyBronco View Post
    The Chargers are probably the toughest opponent we face, so the fact that we beat them early is great.

The Broncos played a bit sloppy Sunday, because of what the Chargers have done to them in the past. They were a little too eager to win. Despite that bad call, the Broncos earned every point. We let some big plays happen, but stopped the Chargers in the redzone. If we don't let the big play happen, I think we can keep teams out in the redzone.

yeah san diego is tough is all areas, it was a good early season test to see how our broncos would handle almost having to score on every drive. We showed we can move the ball quite easily when we need a score, and that is how you win games. Just think, its a tie game, 2 minutes let and we're on our own 20. We'll get 4 downs each time and be going 4 and 5 wide. Good luck stopping us. We have it all. A physical spectacular catch WR in brandon marshal, we have a quick good route running rookie who has proven to be clutch, we have a good slot receiver who is great at bringing the ball in for a safe but important catch, and then we have scheffler, a man who will be usually covered by a line backer. We have yet to give up a sack either. Good luck stopping us on 3rd down with those play makers on the field.