Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 95
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sharkdom of Snowdonia,Wales
    Posts
    15,140
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Itunes is simply a media player, which will store and organize mp3's, videos, podcasts, etc.

    It's also has a store where you can buy and download music and videos.
    iKnoes

    Just messin

    I haven't really gotten into mp3's etc. I've got an mp3 player which I loaded with about three albums wayback. Haven't added any since. Probably forgotten how to!

    *heads off to create a "how large is your cassette rack" thread for some discussion with Broncomaniac69*

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,153
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    How do you backup your iTunes library onto an external hardrive?
    Well I don't have an external hard drive.... But all you would do (I'm pretty sure) is

    locate your itunes music folder under "My Music"

    locate your external hard drive under my computer - It would be under the removable storage section, probably something called external hard drive or something.


    Then simply drag that Itunes music folder to the external hard drive, and let everything copy over. It will take some time, depending on how large your itunes music folder is.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ville of Rose, NorCal
    Posts
    18,337
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Well I don't have an external hard drive.... But all you would do (I'm pretty sure) is

    locate your itunes music folder under "My Music"

    locate your external hard drive under my computer - It would be under the removable storage section, probably something called external hard drive or something.


    Then simply drag that Itunes music folder to the external hard drive, and let everything copy over. It will take some time, depending on how large your itunes music folder is.
    Oh CRAP! That is too easy! Course.... my hd is ****ed right now and WD is not avaialble for download support of software right now.

    Thank you for the advise though!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Uncompahgria
    Posts
    4,773
    I learned a long time ago to stay away from proprietary programs and devices so I don't do iTunes, but I've been immersed in layer-3 tech going way back... I even have some old .bit files (the previous extension for mp3s). Like many others my library was relatively small until about '99 or so when Napster came about.

    Anyway... no screen captures, but I'm currently sitting at 7,255 songs taking up 31.55 GB. We have around 600 CDs that we haven't ripped yet... I want to, but I need to have the time too. When done that should more than double my mp3 collection. I've considered (only briefly) to convert all the cassettes and vinyl, but just the thought of that task is daunting so I doubt I'll ever get around to doing it.

    I back up regularly on another hard drive and to DVD.

    ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    12,245
    Quote Originally Posted by Mount-n-Groan View Post
    I learned a long time ago to stay away from proprietary programs and devices so I don't do iTunes, but I've been immersed in layer-3 tech going way back... I even have some old .bit files (the previous extension for mp3s). Like many others my library was relatively small until about '99 or so when Napster came about.

    Anyway... no screen captures, but I'm currently sitting at 7,255 songs taking up 31.55 GB. We have around 600 CDs that we haven't ripped yet... I want to, but I need to have the time too. When done that should more than double my mp3 collection. I've considered (only briefly) to convert all the cassettes and vinyl, but just the thought of that task is daunting so I doubt I'll ever get around to doing it.

    I back up regularly on another hard drive and to DVD.

    ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫
    i do agree that proprietary programs do suck at times, i do like itunes interface though but yes, sometimes their proprietary crap really pisses me off

    a good alternative is media monkey

    they handle large mp3 libraries well and their artwork

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Commerce City, CO
    Posts
    2,462
    Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Well I don't have an external hard drive.... But all you would do (I'm pretty sure) is

    locate your itunes music folder under "My Music"

    locate your external hard drive under my computer - It would be under the removable storage section, probably something called external hard drive or something.


    Then simply drag that Itunes music folder to the external hard drive, and let everything copy over. It will take some time, depending on how large your itunes music folder is.
    Basically this is accurate, however once you only have to copied over everything 1 time you should be good. Thereafter that you just need keep all of your data in "sync", for instance when adding a new album I copy over the new music folder/files to each one of my external drives. As you add more music you will see a few files within your library grow (i.e. iTunes Library Extras.itdb, iTunes Library Genius.itdb, iTunes Library.itl, & iTunes Music).

    You will want to make copies of these files periodically, also as iTunes goes through updates it will periodically create a "previous iTunes Libraries" folder. I sometimes make copies of this too but as long as I have copies of my other files I'm good to go.

    In the event of a system crash you copy over your music folder with music files along with these files and your iTunes should be good.

    Thx,
    Joe
    To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering.


    **Team Signature Compliments of Stand Ablaze**

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Posts
    1,517
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    AC/DC isn't embarrassing though. What I have at the beginning of my A's is very, very embarrassing.
    ABBA is it?
    Current morale factor (on a scale of 1-10): -1000 and dropping like a lead balloon.

    Reason: Thanks a lot Bowlen, McDaniels and Cutler!

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,153
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    It's gonna suck when/if your comp crashes!!!

    I'm just over 8g's now. And that's more then I'll ever listen too... so I have no idea how you manage such large collections.
    LMAO thanks for the comment!

    Too bad it came TRUE eb!!


    Anyways, had to start my entire library over.



  9. #69
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    19,153
    [IMG][/IMG]

    Finally caught up, have all of my music uploaded in my Itunes + newer albums/songs.


    Almost 14 GB!

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Paisley, Scotland
    Posts
    407
    Got 3553 songs in the library at the moment.
    Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Stokely!! Down the Sideline!!!
    Posts
    1,641
    on my old pc i had around 60 gb, 12000 songs... and 72 gb, 14000 on my old ipod..... since then both have broken so i now have 11.16 GB, 1241 on this laptop and around 2,400, 22 GB on the home pc.... although there is some overlap between the two...will provide screenshots later
    Manning Fatigue (noun): The act of being sick as hell of watching a HOF qb take half of forever to decide what to do and just wishing he'd make up his mind.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    www.SuperMcSmashieLand.com
    Posts
    10,476
    Music: 2063 songs (8.03 gig)

    Movies: 42 (44.37 gig)

    TV Shows: 75 episodes (13.89 gig)

    Games: 14


    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoManiac_69 View Post
    I know. What is iTunes?

    Do LP's and 8-Track tapes count?
    One of my first cars was a 67 Mustang Fastback. It had an 8 track player in it. I had to go to a yard sale and buy some to play in it. I did get alot of Van Halen and AC/DC and Aerosmith, etc, to play it in.

    Nothing impressed a girl in HS in the 90s like an 8 Track player.


    I adopt andrewmlb.


  13. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    11,434
    Mine is up to 2,157 songs

    This summer I am going on a road trip with my mom, and we are going to try and listen to my entire itunes library in alphabetical order. No skipping allowed.

    It is going to be interesting.
    ...capture it...remember it...

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Paisley, Scotland
    Posts
    407
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapping Turtle View Post
    Mine is up to 2,157 songs

    This summer I am going on a road trip with my mom, and we are going to try and listen to my entire itunes library in alphabetical order. No skipping allowed.

    It is going to be interesting.
    Hope you're not a ZZ Top fan, you'll have a long wait.
    Renfrewshire Scotland - Colorado USA

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lost in the shadow of the Cross
    Posts
    20,587
    Still no pics buy I am up to 40GB and over 9,000 songs. That works out to about 18 days.
    Ask me about My Jesus and how to have a relationship with Him.

    Red Sox Mafia RLF4 Life! Boston 617 Strong!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •