• Yes he is!!

4 57.14%
  • No, he isn't.

3 42.86%
Page 322 of 353 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 5294

Thread: MMA Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    She is a beast, I don't doubt that. Use to be a Rousey fan. But her personality killed that. Can't stand her because of it. Starts war of rounds with people, plays victim when they respond to her.

And the cyborg ducking....well she needs to either step up or never say a word about cyborg again.

I just hope it doesn't end up like Mayweather v Manny. Where we didn't get a fight until the end of their careers.
    the rousey vs cyborg fight made a lot more sense before holm thrashed her, back when ronda was the undefeated champ and looked unstoppable.

IMO i think ronda needs to worry about avenging her loss and getting her title back before worrying about cyborg who will never be the 135 champ anyways.

if ronda can beat both tate and holm then i would like to see a super fight at a catch weight with cyborg. to me bringing in cyborg is just a quick money grab, is she the only fighter in the UFC that cannot make weight at any weight class?

cyborg needs to be in a 145 division and considering how successful the womens divisions have been for the UFC it's kind of surprising they don't open one and have cyborg fight someone for the title.

I agree, there should be a 145 for women. I think there should also be a men's straweight and maybe even a super heavyweight division.

As for the fights today. Man Ian whatever his last name is, is a one trick pony. He kept going for ankle locks and heel hooks and nothing else.

He was so predictable going into the fight, that the only thing Perez trained for was defending leg subs.

Which worked because Ian kept going for it, and Perez was ready for it. Perez dominated him and kept blasting his head while Ian kept looking for the sub.

Ian even cried to the ref saying Perez had grease on his legs....the ref checked and there was none.

Cigano picked Rothwell apart. Played it smart, kept him at pay and basically didn't allow him to do a thing.

Glover showed last night why people tend to duck him. Sure a lot of fans look at as it Rashad being washed up. But Glover is dangerous. As Joe Rogan keeps saying, he is the most well rounded fighter.

Glover showed last night why people tend to duck him. Sure a lot of fans look at as it Rashad being washed up. But Glover is dangerous. As Joe Rogan keeps saying, he is the most well rounded fighter.
    Yeah im surprised rashad didnt try to wrestle muck glover. I got a lot of respect for horcher after taking the fight in 9 days notice against a KG beast like khabib

Conner tweeted he's retiring???
    Dread it.Run from it.
    Destiny arrives all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    Conner tweeted he's retiring???
    Yea he's mad about money. He wants $10 million for UFC 200, which would be the most money for one fighter, for one single fight.

UFC said no, Conor retired.

Yea he's mad about money. He wants $10 million for UFC 200, which would be the most money for one fighter, for one single fight.

UFC said no, Conor retired.
    Don't blame him. UFC fighters are grossly underpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    I agree.

But, I also don't think he's retiring for real.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by captainbronco View Post
    Yeah im surprised rashad didnt try to wrestle muck glover. I got a lot of respect for horcher after taking the fight in 9 days notice against a KG beast like khabib
    You can't really wrestle Glover with the size differential between those two, it would have been nearly impossible for Rashad to try that imo. Glover is one of the biggest and strongest guys in the division and Rashad is only a shell of his former self.. I'm thinking he retires.

And also Khabib is taking over the lightweight division his post fight interview was calm posed and confident, super excited to see him back.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    That's sort of BS imo. Top guys like him are clearly not underpaid, it's anyone that isn't in the top tier that is underpaid.

Guys like Connor have no reason to complain since if the UFC was to pay him more it's going to go straight to him and not the others to begin with...

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    That's sort of BS imo. Top guys like him are clearly not underpaid, it's anyone that isn't in the top tier that is underpaid.

Guys like Connor have no reason to complain since if the UFC was to pay him more it's going to go straight to him and not the others to begin with...
    I think they will find a way to make him happy, and get him back. You don't even have to promote the guy, he promotes himself. He's a first rate crap talker, has all of the tattoos (the look), and for the most part backs it up in the octagon. I only watched one of his fights, the one he lost, but it was clear to me he's a better fighter than Diaz. McGregor could be a really good boxer if he wanted to. I'm not going to claim to know how he should fight Diaz in the octagon, but I think if he would've followed up on those overhand lefts with some combinations or threw a jab once in a while, he would've knocked Diaz out easily. Jab, jab, straight/overhand. It's amazing how often that seems to work in MMA. Mesmerizing jabs FTW. Connor's a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    I think they will find a way to make him happy, and get him back. You don't even have to promote the guy, he promotes himself. He's a first rate crap talker, has all of the tattoos (the look), and for the most part backs it up in the octagon. I only watched one of his fights, the one he lost, but it was clear to me he's a better fighter than Diaz. McGregor could be a really good boxer if he wanted to. I'm not going to claim to know how he should fight Diaz in the octagon, but I think if he would've followed up on those overhand lefts with some combinations or threw a jab once in a while, he would've knocked Diaz out easily. Jab, jab, straight/overhand. It's amazing how often that seems to work in MMA. Mesmerizing jabs FTW. Connor's a beast.
    It's clearly a bluff move to get more money for the fight but the UFC called his bluff and completely removed him from the card. It's a greed issue which I'm assuming is a mix of a lot of things including: his own arrogance, his training partner dying in the cage, his fear of losing again so why not get a bigger payday from him, etc. etc....

I have to completely disagree with McGregor being the better fighter. He hasn't shown he's a better fighter than Diaz if he has no ground game. You don't go in with the laziest double leg takedown on Diaz if you gas like that (from getting punched in the face a dozen times in a row), it was literally him giving up the fight saying "I quit". Even when Conor had Nate on the ground in the end of the first round Diaz had complete control of both his wrists preventing him from doing anything. McGregor had no idea what to do when he got there.

Conor may have looked better than Nate initially but it's never about how you start the fight it's about how you finish it. Diaz has always been known as a volume striker that wears you out and makes you quit with a constant barrage of punches which is similar to how Conor operates. But Conor chose to try and throw more power punches instead this fight because he knew he couldn't beat Diaz at his own game... And he still lost.

Quote Originally Posted by xX-Bronco-Xx View Post
    It's clearly a bluff move to get more money for the fight but the UFC called his bluff and completely removed him from the card. It's a greed issue which I'm assuming is a mix of a lot of things including: his own arrogance, his training partner dying in the cage, his fear of losing again so why not get a bigger payday from him, etc. etc....

I have to completely disagree with McGregor being the better fighter. He hasn't shown he's a better fighter than Diaz if he has no ground game. You don't go in with the laziest double leg takedown on Diaz if you gas like that (from getting punched in the face a dozen times in a row), it was literally him giving up the fight saying "I quit". Even when Conor had Nate on the ground in the end of the first round Diaz had complete control of both his wrists preventing him from doing anything. McGregor had no idea what to do when he got there.

Conor may have looked better than Nate initially but it's never about how you start the fight it's about how you finish it. Diaz has always been known as a volume striker that wears you out and makes you quit with a constant barrage of punches which is similar to how Conor operates. But Conor chose to try and throw more power punches instead this fight because he knew he couldn't beat Diaz at his own game... And he still lost.
    Yeah, I guess Diaz has a pretty good ground game, so in that sense he might be the better MMA fighter. He's definitely not the boxer McGregor is. If Diaz was McGregor's natural weight, McGregor probably would've knocked him out anyway.

You can tell McGregor has a good boxing background, but Idt he really displayed it like he should. I didn't see him set his punches up or capitalize on the ones he landed. Maybe he expected Diaz to go down everytime he clipped him, I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Yeah, I guess Diaz has a pretty good ground game, so in that sense he might be the better MMA fighter. He's definitely not the boxer McGregor is. If Diaz was McGregor's natural weight, McGregor probably would've knocked him out anyway.

You can tell McGregor has a good boxing background, but Idt he really displayed it like he should. I didn't see him set his punches up or capitalize on the ones he landed. Maybe he expected Diaz to go down everytime he clipped him, I dunno.
    They were both fighting at 170 so they were both at their natural weight as none of them cut weight. From his interviews he admitted to what you mentioned about the powershots.

McGregor is the better all around striker but Diaz takes the cake for pure boxing. Take a look at the fight, you might change your mind!

http://www.allfreefightvideos.com/20...ght-video.html

I don't want it to seem like I'm just completely bashing Conor but the guy showed huge holes in his game and in the rematch he probably could have knocked Diaz out but we'll never know now.