• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CutlerEra06
    Banned User
    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by GridironChamp View Post
    God Vera is a joke at 205... He has looked so bad in both of his fights there.
    yeah...he looked pathetic. Go back to hw, he actually fights at that weight...Bisping fought "not to lose" and irritated the piss out of me. Soko Had promise, but he is just not convincing enough to make me think he can be a contender at 205, good job cain. Davis,taylor,lytle and laudlin are freaking warriors, without those guys on the card, ufc 89 would have been a bust.
    88 was not much better...All these top dogs are fighting "not to lose" instead of trying to finish a fight and the lower tier guys are busting their balls to put it all on the line...I hope this does not become a trend or it'll start looking like boxing..(not trying to rag on boxing)

Comment

• GridironChamp
      Pioli's right hand man
      • Apr 2005

I cant stand these **** that fight not to loose... Bisbing and Florian are the best
      recent examples. Unfortunatly it works though.. that is until they fight someone
      really good or fight the same person again.
      Club Leader: Robert Griffin III > Andrew Luck

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• baphamet
        Family Trust Beer
        • Nov 2006

I cant stand these **** that fight not to loose... Bisbing and Florian are the best
        recent examples. Unfortunatly it works though.. that is until they fight someone
        really good or fight the same person again.

oh i disagree about bisping, that was a very smart strategy, he just couldn't put him away. i would have fought leben the same way, everyone knows how aggressive he is, that was very smart of bisping imo.

fighting not to lose is annoying though, tim sylvia is a good example of that. i still think bisping was aggressive, he was just technical and waited for leben to go on the offensive which was 100% certain.

i was more annoyed with the way vera fought....what the hell happened to that guy, he used to be awesome, now he just looks lost out there.

Comment

• GridironChamp
          Pioli's right hand man
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
          oh i disagree about bisping, that was a very smart strategy, he just couldn't put him away. i would have fought leben the same way, everyone knows how aggressive he is, that was very smart of bisping imo.

fighting not to lose is annoying though, tim sylvia is a good example of that. i still think bisping was aggressive, he was just technical and waited for leben to go on the offensive which was 100% certain.

i was more annoyed with the way vera fought....what the hell happened to that guy, he used to be awesome, now he just looks lost out there.
          Really?

Leban put his hands down (3 or 4 times in the fight) and stood right in front
          of Bisping daring him to hit him.. Bisping jabbed and circled. That is the ultimate
          sign of being passive in a fight.

Did you hear his lil interview with Rogan afterwards? Bisping said "My plan was
          to win a decision" <- That makes me hate him more than I already do for being
          apart of the EPIC screw over of Matt Hammil in England a ways back.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Nightwing
            Special Teams
            • Jun 2004

I don't think it's really fair to say Florian fights not to lose. The one match with Roger Huerta isn't a good example of what he's been doing recently. He executed a good game plan and used Huerta's reckless style against him. But before that Florian had finished at least three opponents in a row, with one more unable to continue due to injury. I know you're probably referring to just that single fight with Huerta, but Florian is a gamer, he always tries to put on an exciting fight and guarantee a win.
            Power is not revealed by striking hard or often, but by striking true.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

• CutlerEra06
              Banned User
              • Sep 2008

Really?

Leban put his hands down (3 or 4 times in the fight) and stood right in front
              of Bisping daring him to hit him.. Bisping jabbed and circled. That is the ultimate
              sign of being passive in a fight.

Did you hear his lil interview with Rogan afterwards? Bisping said "My plan was
              to win a decision" <- That makes me hate him more than I already do for being
              apart of the EPIC screw over of Matt Hammil in England a ways back.

totally agree, i hate bisping. And his in prefight interview, he said im going to finish him in the 2nd round....I sure hope the guy I fight next puts his hands down and lets me get a free swing on him cause he'll be put to the ground. Bisping was a scared running fool.

Comment

• CutlerEra06
                Banned User
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Nightwing View Post
                I don't think it's really fair to say Florian fights not to lose. The one match with Roger Huerta isn't a good example of what he's been doing recently. He executed a good game plan and used Huerta's reckless style against him. But before that Florian had finished at least three opponents in a row, with one more unable to continue due to injury. I know you're probably referring to just that single fight with Huerta, but Florian is a gamer, he always tries to put on an exciting fight and guarantee a win.
                totally agree also.Florian is an amazing fighter and even though it looked like he might have been running, be still engaged and gave robert plenty of opportunities to get the better of him. Kenny is a finisher, while bisping has only finished the scrub josh hanes and...I think thats it!, i cant remember if he finished elvis senosic....Anways, the ufc needs more fighters like florian.

Comment

• GridironChamp
                  Pioli's right hand man
                  • Apr 2005

Yeah I was referring just to the Huerta fight. I liked Florian cuz he was fun to
                  watch and good.. but when someone does that it really irks me.

^^^Get used to it.^^^

Comment

• Nightwing
                    Special Teams
                    • Jun 2004

Patrick Cote is about to shock the world.

It is men who endure toil and dare danger that achieve glorious deeds, and it is a wonderful thing to live with courage and to die leaving behind an everlasting renown.

Comment

• Nightwing
                      Special Teams
                      • Jun 2004

I feel horrible for Patrick Cote. He takes Anderson Silva into the third round, which no one else in the UFC has done, doesn't take any significant damage as far as strikes go, and then he blows his knee out. It's a feeling that's fifty times worse than being KOed. The fight was still wide open at that point, and the fans at the show that were booing really piss me off. Cote gave it his all, the injury was a freak occurance, if he could have continued, he would have.

Comment

• jcdavey
                        Chargers in 2012!!
                        • Nov 2006

i feel especially bad for cote having met the guy up here in quebec

the place i work for sponsors him (MMA Fight Shop)

proud of how he took silva to the 3rd, but i feel real bad about the way it ended, i know silva was winning the fight, he had landed better shots, but damn, cote was taking it all no problem, that's probably the toughest chin silva's faced in a long time
                        sigpic

Comment

• jcdavey
                          Chargers in 2012!!
                          • Nov 2006

oh and also, holy crap , josh koshchek was amazing in his loss, i still can't believe alves couldn't knock him out
                          sigpic

Comment

• baphamet
                            Family Trust Beer
                            • Nov 2006

I feel horrible for Patrick Cote. He takes Anderson Silva into the third round, which no one else in the UFC has done, doesn't take any significant damage as far as strikes go, and then he blows his knee out. It's a feeling that's fifty times worse than being KOed. The fight was still wide open at that point, and the fans at the show that were booing really piss me off. Cote gave it his all, the injury was a freak occurance, if he could have continued, he would have.

question....is it only "fighting not to lose" when it is bisping? that was a great gameplan by cote and it was working, pretty much the same gameplan bisping had against leban, seems like a double standard to me.

Comment

• baphamet
                              Family Trust Beer
                              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by jcdavey View Post
                              i feel especially bad for cote having met the guy up here in quebec

the place i work for sponsors him (MMA Fight Shop)

proud of how he took silva to the 3rd, but i feel real bad about the way it ended, i know silva was winning the fight, he had landed better shots, but damn, cote was taking it all no problem, that's probably the toughest chin silva's faced in a long time

yeah i agree, that is not the way you want a fight to end, hopefully he gets another shot at the title.

that said, i think cote exposed a decent gameplan for fighting silva, at least as far as striking goes. make silva be the aggressor.....or as some other people call it "fight not to lose" lol

Comment

• Nightwing
                                Special Teams
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by baphamet View Post
                                question....is it only "fighting not to lose" when it is bisping? that was a great gameplan by cote and it was working, pretty much the same gameplan bisping had against leban, seems like a double standard to me.
                                I don't have a problem with the way that Bisping fought Lebien, Cote fought Silva, or Lyoto Machida fights. When you get down to it, I love watching the technical aspect of any style, I just realize that not everyone is going to enjoy it the same way that I do. Cote was executing a game plan, Delegrotti is very game when it comes to that, so it didn't come as much of a surprise to me. The thing that Cote seemed to have over any of Silva's other opponents so far is the guy really does have an iron jaw. He took a kick to the chin and never even flinched.

Comment

Working...
                                X