Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Since I don't want to be outdone, here's my 2009 Wish List.

1. ) Nick Kasa 4 Star SDE. While Eguae is a very solid pick up, I would love to keep this momentum going in Colorado with recruiting the top guy.

2. ) Bryce McNeal 4 Star WR. I'm not sure if we have much of a chance at Shaq or Carroll, not that we would be settling for Bryce, the dude is a monster and would add a legit all around threat at wide out.

3. ) Deandre Coleman 4 Star DT. I think we have a real shot at this guy, could see him playing his freshman year.

4. ) Edward Nuckols 4 Star DT. Would love to have this guy, HUGE body. Coleman and Nuckols would shore up this position for a couple years for sure.

5. ) Xavier Su'a Filo 4 Star OT. Not that I think we're weak, but this year has made it painfully obvious we must have depth at all positions along the O-Line to succeed.

6. ) Adam Hall 4 Star Athlete. Another big guy that could play WR, however could see him playing TE.

7. ) Brandon Sermons 4 Star CB. Would like to see a bit more athleticism back there

8. ) Keenan Graham 4 Star WDE. We're losing alot of depth on the D-Line, and We still really don't get much pressure. Need more athletes on that side of the ball.

9. ) Randall Carroll 5 Star WR. Why is he so low? I'm not sure if we have a huge shot at him, would I love to have him? Damn straight, 7 out of 7 times.

10. ) I'm going to cheat, I want to hang on to every commit we have so far. Our two QBs have me very excited, Jack Harris is a beast, Darden is a great WR, and Eguae is going to be very helpful to us. But if you REALLY want me to choose, Colton Nash 3 Star SDE. He loved his visit, and you can never have too many bodies on the D-Line.

We may have a new commit. Not sure why he would want to keep it secret

nuckols, right? i remember his coach saying he thought he would commit to us like a month ago. anyway, do you know if he will be academically eligible?

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    nuckols, right? i remember his coach saying he thought he would commit to us like a month ago. anyway, do you know if he will be academically eligible?
    Anythings possible, if he's working as hard as the reports suggest I have faith.

Quote Originally Posted by str8jacket View Post
    Anythings possible, if he's working as hard as the reports suggest I have faith.
    Yay!

Nuckols would be a fantastic addition to CU.

Now lets just get Kasa.

Lets suppose we have Nuckols (As you suggest)

Here is my new updated top 5: (This is a who I think we will get, rather then a wishlist)

1. Nick Kasa **** (DE) - We need to keep the best player in the state for the third straight year. Kasa will give us a force at LDE, one who can effectivly stop the run and get to the passer.

2. Bryce McNeal **** (WR) - He is a solid all around WR. He brings us a deep threat, but also has good size. I think he will be the only rivals100 we get this year.

3. Keenan Graham **** (DE) - A solid weakside defensive end prospect. From what I have heard, it appears that we have a really good shot at him. Imagine him and Kasa lining up at opposite DE spots for years to come....

4. Kyle Van Noy **** (WR) - A big 6-4 WR that I have been drooling over. He also could play LB according to Scout.com, but I like him as a WR. Although he is everything I want in terms of size, I would still prefer McNeal over him.

5. Randall Carroll ***** (WR) - Now this is a bit of a stretch, but I have heard some good things. First of all, I heard a rumor that USC, where he has a soft verbal, was recruiting him as a defensive back, leaving him open to change him comit (Str8jacket, maybe you can confirm this or debunk it). I have heard that only Colorado and a couple other schools are actually recruting him as a WR. He still has a visit here (did he take it already, or cancel str8jacket?), so who knows. If we push the fact that he will be burried at SC with depth, and the fact that he has an oppurtunity to come here and start right away and have an impact, I beleive that we actually have a shot.

So there it is, those are the five high profile players I think we can get. Notice, I have left Coleman off of the list. With Nuckols apparently on board, if he is who that comit is, then the chances we get Coleman go down. It would be nice to nab him, but he will end up at SC or Washington in the end IMO.

As for other spects, I really like Allen Logan from Mullen, Colton Nash, Jevon Reynolds and Parker Orms from Weat Ridge (I caught some of the Weat Ridge - Heritage game, and boy does that kid have game) I'm surprised that we haven't offered yet.

so there it is....

*edit* I would also add that OT from Utah (Xavier Su'a Filo) to my list, so lets put him at #5 and say that Carroll is kinda a bonus.

go buffs
    Last edited by Rockies24; 10-30-2008 at 09:26 PM.

Randall is being recruited by USC as a DB, and we are among a couple schools recruiting him as a WR. He doesn't feel as though USC produces good WR's.

He does plan on visiting and has yet to set a visit.

i used to think we had a shot at carroll now i think there is no chance. every other wide receiver prospect we've tried to recruit has had their interest reduce dramatically after watching this offense. wouldn't make sense for carroll to want to come here when the second choice receivers don't even want to

With the way things have gone for Darrell Scott, you can forget about 5 Stars even considering playing in this offense any time soon.

The No-Huddle Spread was a horrific idea from the start, they have to scrap this piece of junk, start over with a real QB and establish an identity with Scott/Polk in a traditional offense......but they won't!

Hawkins screwed the pooch with this pathetic POS offense, hopefully he pulls his head out of his third point of contact and fazes the Arena Football League offense the hell out......

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    i used to think we had a shot at carroll now i think there is no chance. every other wide receiver prospect we've tried to recruit has had their interest reduce dramatically after watching this offense. wouldn't make sense for carroll to want to come here when the second choice receivers don't even want to
    Jarrod Darden hasn't jumped ship. If we don't get Carroll...oh well.

My main focus right now is A&M, and if we finish under .500 we MUST fire Helfrich.

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    With the way things have gone for Darrell Scott, you can forget about 5 Stars even considering playing in this offense any time soon.

The No-Huddle Spread was a horrific idea from the start, they have to scrap this piece of junk, start over with a real QB and establish an identity with Scott/Polk in a traditional offense......but they won't!

Hawkins screwed the pooch with this pathetic POS offense, hopefully he pulls his head out of his third point of contact and fazes the Arena Football League offense the hell out......
    My god.

Carry on, please continue with the Scott griping.

He is SO underused he was our leading rusher against Mizzou minus Hansen.

The dude has been injured, GET OVER IT. He won't transfer, we will have a better line next year, and I won't hear the same thing on a weekly basis (except on the weeks we win, strangely you don't complain much then). I'm done, stnzed. I love what you bring to my threads but every single thread does not have to involve Scott and this "BS" offense. Really. It's a recruiting thread. Go get on your soap box elsewhere please.
    Last edited by str8jacket; 10-31-2008 at 07:29 PM.

My god.

The dude has been injured, GET OVER IT. He won't transfer, we will have a better line next year, and I won't hear the same thing on a weekly basis (except on the weeks we win, strangely you don't complain much then). I'm done, stnzed. I love what you bring to my threads but every single thread does not have to involve Scott and this "BS" offense. Really. It's a recruiting thread. Go get on your soap box elsewhere please.
    have you heard who this "commit" is. Is it Nuckols?

I really want to know. It's about time that we get another commit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockies24 View Post
    have you heard who this "commit" is. Is it Nuckols?

I really want to know. It's about time that we get another commit.
    Yeah, it's Nuckols. Don't hold it to me though.

My god.

Why does the state of this offense upset you so much?

Scott got most of his carries in the Mizzou game at the end while CU was trying to find a rock to crawl under, and the fact that Hansen was the leading rusher does very little to help your argument against the notion that Scott isn't being used correctly.

And if you don't think my original point about Scott has an effect on recruiting than you are sorely mistaken, Texas and every single University will use it against CU and if you don't understand that, I can't help you.

It's a relevant point, it's just one that you do not want to consider.

Btw, this hasn't been a weekly thing, str8, I have tried to say as little as possible until the Mizzou game because of you......
    Last edited by stnzed; 11-01-2008 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    Why does the state of this offense upset you so much?

Scott got most of his carries in the Mizzou game at the end while CU was trying to find a rock to crawl under, and the fact that Hansen was the leading rusher does very little to help your argument against the notion that Scott isn't being used correctly.

And if you don't think my original point about Scott has an effect on recruiting than you are sorely mistaken, Texas and every single University will use it against CU and if you don't understand that, I can't help you.

It's a relevant point, it's just one that you do not want to consider.

Btw, this hasn't been a weekly thing, str8, I have tried to say as little as possible until the Mizzou game because of you......
    It's relevant only to the point where HE'S BEEN HURT. Yeah, we put him in at garbage time, not Moyd.

Whatever stnzed, you obviously think I'm some sort of homer and can't see that we just aren't good. Keep preaching, all knowing one. I'm done.

How come the Nuckols commit has not been posted on Rivals?

Is it still not official, and why not?

Also, are there any JUCO players that we are looking at?

Positions like DT and S are in need of imediate help, and instead of starting a true Freshman, are there any impact JUCO platyers that we are recruting. I looked on Rivals, but didn't see anything....