Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Slowick Improvment!!

The Slowick Improvment!!
    now we all recall the horrible defense displayed by the broncos in 07..cost bates his job and rightfully so..but slo promised a better defense, a more attacking style, blitzing from all angles, shutting down the run the goal, so lets see how this has worked

bates defense -07

pass defense... 7th
    rushing............30th
    scoreing..........28th

total...............19th

keep in mind that slo is supposedly a Db mastermind and a takeoff of the coyer system

slowick 08

pass defense..32nd...a whopping 25 spot drop!!!!
    rushing..........26th...a slight increase with all his devotion in the off season
    scoreing........28th....push

total............30th...a 11 spot drop

now im not a rocket scientist, nor did i stay in a holiday inn express last nite....but even i can see....despite getting upgrades in talent...our whole defense has gotten worse....shanny...oh shanny...you do realize that we will never win anything nor go anywhere with a defense so attrocious...do we ride it out or attempt a fix NOW

Ouch...

I was always wondering which defense was actually worse...this years or last years.

Apparently the answer is right there...

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    The Slowick Improvment!!
    now we all recall the horrible defense displayed by the broncos in 07..cost bates his job and rightfully so..but slo promised a better defense, a more attacking style, blitzing from all angles, shutting down the run the goal, so lets see how this has worked

bates defense -07

pass defense... 7th
    rushing............30th
    scoreing..........28th

total...............19th

keep in mind that slo is supposedly a Db mastermind and a takeoff of the coyer system

slowick 08

rushing..........26th...a slight increase with all his devotion in the off season

now im not a rocket scientist, nor did i stay in a holiday inn express last nite....but even i can see....despite getting upgrades in talent...our whole defense has gotten worse....shanny...oh shanny...you do realize that we will never win anything nor go anywhere with a defense so attrocious...do we ride it out or attempt a fix NOW
    You can't completely blame Slowik. We have lost players from last year and draft picks continue to remain busts. So until we get some more talent in on defense maybe the jury should still be out on Slowik. I did like some of the blitz packages in the 4th quarter yesterday but am not sure why Slowik hasn't been using them more

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    You can't completely blame Slowik. We have lost players from last year and draft picks continue to remain busts. So until we get some more talent in on defense maybe the jury should still be out on Slowik. I did like some of the blitz packages in the 4th quarter yesterday but am not sure why Slowik hasn't been using them more
    What players on last years defense could possibly give this years defense an excuse for a pass?

Ian Gold?

Sam Adams?

I'm starting to like Slowick a little bit more. He is blitzing more as the season goes on and it is working. I think the defense played very well the first half and the first couple minutes of the 4th quarter. We just need to cut down on those big plays.

I don't expect this team to be a top notch defense. I just want them to be respectable by seasons end.

Sig by Peerless

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    What players on last years defense could possibly give this years defense an excuse for a pass?

Ian Gold?

Sam Adams?
    John Lynch for starters. And I don't care what people say hamzah abdullah and nick ferguson are better than marquand manual. And no I'm not saying give them a pass. I realize they still suck. But by this point last season we had already been blow out by 20+ at least 3 times so at least this year the games are relatively close

Quote Originally Posted by cutler7624 View Post
    I'm starting to like Slowick a little bit more. He is blitzing more as the season goes on and it is working. I think the defense played very well the first half and the first couple minutes of the 4th quarter. We just need to cut down on those big plays.

I don't expect this team to be a top notch defense. I just want them to be respectable by seasons end.

so you like the fact he only blitzes late in the forth wioth the game on the line...but allows teams to score at will the rest of the game?

read the numbers...the defense is not playing well

John Lynch for starters. And I don't care what people say hamzah abdullah and nick ferguson are better than marquand manual. And no I'm not saying give them a pass. I realize they still suck. But by this point last season we had already been blow out by 20+ at least 3 times so at least this year the games are relatively close
    Maybe John Lynch in run support.... I sure as hell don't see him playing any better in pass coverage, even with the poor play of our current safeties...

I still ? the releasing of Abduallah. He may have been overrated my a lot of fans here, but I really wonder how much worse he is than Manuel.

you do realize the only thing preventing us from being blown out by 20 or more at least 4 times is the offense...when it comes down to it we stayed pat at 28 in defensive scoreing...the diff between this season and last is the improvment in offense

so you like the fact he only blitzes late in the forth wioth the game on the line...but allows teams to score at will the rest of the game?

A lot of those numbers were because we played the Saints and the Chargers.

We turned the ball over 3 times in the first half and only gave up 10 points. The third quarter was horrible but we played alright in the fourth quarter. I think there were 2 or 3 or horrible calls that went against us on defense (the mcree pass interference, and 3rd and 17 defensive holding play come to mind)

The TD to MJD was because of a player not being where he is supposed to be.

Take away those 3 turnovers and we only give up 14 points that is pretty good.

Sig by Peerless

I think we can stop blaming the DC. That seems to be a constant theme around the boards, and its not holding up. The players aren't good. Now I KNOW the NFL is lacking in good DCs. I know we haven't found ours.

I also know that we bring in some new players each year. We just need some consistency. I'm not ready to get rid of ANOTHER DC just yet.. not again.

The Slowick Improvment!!

bates defense -07

pass defense... 7th
    rushing............30th
    scoreing..........28th

total...............19th

slowick 08

Good point, but thats bates at the end of the year and Slowick at week 6.

you do realize the only thing preventing us from being blown out by 20 or more at least 4 times is the offense...when it comes down to it we stayed pat at 28 in defensive scoreing...the diff between this season and last is the improvment in offense
    And you realize the only thing keeping us from blowing out the jags was our offense. And maybe our d played poorly against the chiefs but it doesn't help when the offense turns the ball over 4 times. We are still -4 in the turnover ratio department. Between the chiefs and jags game our offense has turned the ball over 7 times with a bonehead 4th down turnover yesterday in field goal range. Yes our defense sucks but the offense has been putting them in bad situations lately. And the chargers and saints are 2 of the highest flying offenses in the league. Anyones defensive stats would look bad after that.

Quote Originally Posted by B4Bronco6 View Post
    Maybe John Lynch in run support.... I sure as hell don't see him playing any better in pass coverage, even with the poor play of our current safeties...

I still ? the releasing of Abduallah. He may have been overrated my a lot of fans here, but I really wonder how much worse he is than Manuel.
    Yes I realize Lynch was too old for pass protection. But I like the idea of Lynch in the game in rushing situations and abdullah in the game in obvious passing situations. He was a hard hitter with heart. All I ever see manual do is get burned

Oh, okay, so the defense isn't playing well, so we should blow it all up IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SEASON and start all over? Dude, do you have any clue whatsoever about football? Part of the problem, you flaming moron, is that there is no consistency from year to year with this defense. We change coordinators and scheme EVERY season, and instead of stopping and thinking, even for a moment, that maybe THAT is the problem, you just want to blow it all up again.

Someone get arapaho a clue. Please.
    In Manning I trust.