X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mopatt24
    Bench Warmer
    • Mar 2006

He no answer to our defense, but I couldn't agree more about getting him on the field. He cant be any worse then Manuel and he has potential to get better with playing time. He's big, he adds speed to the position, and he can be an enforcer to those coming across the middle ( in other words, he can hit). Why not give him a shot
    Co-founders of the

sigpic

Comment

• BroncomaniacUK
      Practice Squad
      • Jul 2003

Post game rants---NE

On the latest injury list Ryan Torain is listed as having had limited practice on Thursday and Friday, as as "questionable" for Monday night. Does anybody have any updated info on when Torain is likely to be back? I have my doubts that the Broncos would play him on Monday - I suspect they will wait until after the bye week. We need to be careful about our expectations of Torain as he hasn't played a single regular season down yet, but it's great to see that he's at least practising now.
      The UK's #1 Broncomaniac

Comment

• -Rod-
        #TeamBroncos
        • Mar 2008

He won't play against NE, he just got back to practice and is really rusty. 1 year without playing a real game. His debut will probably be against Miami or Cleveland.
        sigpic

Comment

• MindField
          Banned User
          • Nov 2005

I agree, I would be very suprised if he played Monday Night...but after the BYE, the 'ATV' is ready to roll

Comment

• stnzed
            Banned User
            • Oct 2005

Torain won't play much until Pittman's hot streak cools off, hopefully that streak lasts for a while longer and if Pittman plays well again tomorrow, he has earned the majority of the carries.

Shanahan will go with the hot hand, but that doesn't mean Torain can't show glimpses of being a future Hall of Famer in the 5-10 carries he'll get to start out with.

But make no mistake about it, Shanahan was as excited about Torain as he's been about any rookie during his current streak of normal/successful drafts, he'll unleash this 1st round talent on the football world when the time is right......

Comment

• BR0NCOFANATIC
              Playmaker
              • May 2004

Originally posted by stnzed View Post
              Torain won't play much until Pittman's hot streak cools off, hopefully that streak lasts for a while longer and if Pittman plays well again tomorrow, he has earned the majority of the carries.

Shanahan will go with the hot hand, but that doesn't mean Torain can't show glimpses of being a future Hall of Famer in the 5-10 carries he'll get to start out with.

But make no mistake about it, Shanahan was as excited about Torain as he's been about any rookie during his current streak of normal/successful drafts, he'll unleash this 1st round talent on the football world when the time is right......

Let the guy play some games first gosh.
              Go Hard or Go Home

Comment

• stnzed
                Banned User
                • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BR0NCOFANATIC View Post
                Let the guy play some games first gosh.
                Sorry, I get carried away sometimes......

Comment

• Peerless
                  Football Immortal
                  • May 2004

Denver needs the big pass

I was looking over some of our passing stats this year, and noticed that we haven't had the deep ball all that often.

Our longest pass was a 72 yard catch to Tony Scheffler against the Raiders in week 1, but since then we've had only two other 40+ yard passes.

Brandon Marshall has seven 20+ yard receptions, along with Eddie Royal's four 20+ yard receptions, both of which are very good, but I think we need to go deep and go big against the Pats on Monday night.

Let Jay load up, and throw it down the field.

Their secondary isn't what it used to be, and you know Deltha O'Neil has a large target on his back. The Patriots defense still has a solid pass rush, but hopefully our O-line can keep up their league leading low of only 2 sacks allowed. (Wonderful job by the O-line :clap

If Marshall can run past Charles Tillman last year (against the Bears) and go the distance, I think with another year under his belt with increased speed, he can go deep against any of the Pats corners.

Comment

• housemouse
                    Special Teams
                    • Mar 2008

I ****ING AGREE.
                    I was going to post a thread saying the same thing.

I mean, we have Royal.
                    ZZZZZZZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM

Comment

• Max Power
                      Banned User
                      • Aug 2007

I agree, but we don't want Cutler to force it. I remember that time he tried to force it deep to Marshall in the Chiefs game and it was picked. Take what the defense allows, and hopefully that'll get them to come up and overcommit to the short passes, allowing our WR's to get open deep. Having Royal back is a big help.

Comment

• housemouse
                        Special Teams
                        • Mar 2008

I'd look for 1 on 1's on the outside.
                        Too bad if it was Brandon Marshall running deep and was being covered by all 11 defenders Jay would still throw there

Comment

• Senses Fail
                          Jedi
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by housemouse View Post
                          Too bad if it was Brandon Marshall running deep and was being covered by all 11 defenders Jay would still throw there
                          If we get 1 on 1 with Marshall, he could do a double move and thats an instant six.

Even the against the Saints he was double covered down the middle and did a double move that went for a td.

Comment

• biggymac609
                            Bench Warmer
                            • Mar 2006

i agree a lot
                            i feel the only reason we havent seen it in the past couple weeks is

in tampa, our gameplan was control the game with short passes, dont test them deep

in jax, royal stokely sheffler were all out, so marshall was basically alone on the field, so he was always double covered, and whos gonna catch the long bomb, glen martinez

with royal back it should open up the pass game exponentially

Comment

• Ravage!!!
                              Trouble
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by housemouse View Post
                              huh huh.. huh huh.........

Comment

• Orange Blue Man
                                Practice Squad
                                • Apr 2007

He'll be eased into getting carries. I'm excited about seeing him get on the field though.

Comment

Working...
                                X