Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Will we run a wildcat offense tomorrow?

Do you guys think with New England not being able to stop the miami wildcat offense at al land seeing many teams starting to employ it for a play or 2 a game that we might run it once tomorrow or something? If so, who do you thik will lineup for us at qb and rb. Andre and Pittman?
    [IMG]http://i1.tinypic.com/x1ezk5.jpg[/IMG]
    The Future

[IMG]http://jugones.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/bobsura.jpg[/IMG]

NBA's Greatest Player Ever

I hope not. I don't think it would work for us because we don't have a back as good and versatile as Ronnie Brown.

I think they should just stick to normal offense, and just shred their secondary through the air. Don't get too fancy.

I sure hope not

LOL, That was a good one. And we will adopt the Tennesee offense for the next time we play the Chiefs since they ran on them, and we could not?

You base your offense on your coach, team personality and your personell. Cecil Sapp & Pittman are not quite that one two punch.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 15 Now in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Elway View Post
    LOL, That was a good one. And we will adopt the Tennesee offense for the next time we play the Chiefs since they ran on them, and we could not?

You base your offense on your coach, team personality and your personell. Cecil Sapp & Pittman are not quite that one two punch.
    cecil sapp doesn't even play for the broncos anymore

The reason why Miami did that is because they don't have any good receivers, or a star QB, but a great rusher so they capitalize on their strength.

Depending on the injury list, we've got GREAT receivers and a GREAT QB so we don't need the wildcat.

I don't like the wildcat formation. I think when its all said and done the gimmicky Dolphins won't get far once opposing defenses have enough film on it. But to stay on topic I don't think Denver would employ that kind of gimmick. or atleast I hope not.
    Last edited by RxDx; 10-19-2008 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Spelling.
    [IMG]http://www.fatwreck.com/release/record_cover/343/large/SO_Proto_coverRGB200x200.jpg?[/IMG]

IMHO i dont see us doing at all in the near future, we dont have the right personell for it. We dont have the right running back to run the play,
    BUT i would love for shanahan to shake up the play book more often, we havent seen a lot of trick plays at all this season, we had a bunch last year

I want Jay taking snaps not run blocking. I wince/laugh everytime I see Chad Pennington throw a "block".

that college formation worked for a couple games. Now, not so much. I would be embarrassed if the Broncos tried to run that.

A short lived fad that will quickly disappear.

No!

(extra characters)

2/3 of the earth is covered by water, the remaining 1/3 is covered by Champ Bailey

Mike Shanahan always has a good trick play or two up his sleeve. No need for a Wild Cat offensive approach. The question is would Bill Belecheck (spelling) try it for his Pats.

the only thing we need to be doing with the Wildcat offense is having our defense focus on how to stop it during the bye week because Miami seems set on that sort of thing.

If we don't plan at least a bit for it then they'll likely burn us a couple of times. Hopefully not all game.

If we stuff the Wishbone, then Pennington will be forced to go to work...

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

We should run the option again. It got us a TD last year.