Page 1 of 100 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Post game rants---Patriots

To prove a point to the fair-weather Pats/Saaaawx fans that I'm surrounded by. I hadn't seen anyone wear Red Sox anything until their "amazing" comeback win in game 5. Only wearing your shirt after wins is for losers.

YOU ARE MY HERO!! I think this league (and many fans, no offense) is a one-week league. One bad game (okay we have had two in a row, but still) and everybody is saying we lose every game hereafter. I don't see this happening. Have you seen the division we are playing in? I am still a Bronco fan, and also a Saints fan too!!! Hehe!!

Broncos Tie

I'm wearing my navy shirt with my broncos tie, while Redskin fans tell me how bad Denver sucks. I just smile and think how we got Champ Bailey!!!

Go Broncos. This ship will set sail in the right direction.
    The Bronco fan pledge;
    I am a Broncos Fan and I believe
    I believe in Mile High Magic and bleed Orange and Blue.
    I celebrate the Orange Crush, The Drive, and the Mile High Salute.
    I create the THUNDER, share the common dream, and will forever be a proud citizen of
    Bronco's Country.

***Adopt a Bronco is Chris Harris, Jr.***

Adopt a Poster AZ Snake Fan & SecondsAway131

My thoughts on Tom Brady

Tom Brady is playing in the AFC east and all the QB in that Division aren't really lighting up anyting, and it shows in the QB Ratings. Brady is the best of the bunch in the 4 game stretch with a sparkling 83.7 QB Rating. Kyle's rating is 97.7, not so bad when you compare him to an Icon. Brady threw only 4 TD's and has 2 int's. These are not sparling numbers and the reason his stats are down. There is no need to go into Kyle's stasts we all know them I think. Anyways we should feel good about our chances Sunday. Brady has thrown for more yards then we have. That is a little misleading because the Pats have had to throw more then they like this year. There Defense is getting old and they have lost some players on that side of the ball. We on the other hand are just learning to dial up our defense, and our ranking shows were pretty good. I realy do belive that:orton:will lead to Victory
    Mike O.

Quote Originally Posted by exultu View Post
    Tom Brady is playing in the AFC east and all the QB in that Division aren't really lighting up anyting, and it shows in the QB Ratings. Brady is the best of the bunch in the 4 game stretch with a sparkling 83.7 QB Rating. Kyle's rating is 97.7, not so bad when you compare him to an Icon. Brady threw only 4 TD's and has 2 int's. These are not sparling numbers and the reason his stats are down. There is no need to go into Kyle's stasts we all know them I think. Anyways we should feel good about our chances Sunday. Brady has thrown for more yards then we have. That is a little misleading because the Pats have had to throw more then they like this year. There Defense is getting old and they have lost some players on that side of the ball. We on the other hand are just learning to dial up our defense, and our ranking shows were pretty good. I realy do belive that:orton:will lead to Victory
    Our defense is getting old? By old you mean we shed Seymour, Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel? In fact, our defense is getting younger and the only starter over 30 is AT. Springs splits time with Butler and Wilhite. So are they old or are you just regurgitating what everyone else says?

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyCastro View Post
    Our defense is getting old? By old you mean we shed Seymour, Harrison, Bruschi, Vrabel? In fact, our defense is getting younger and the only starter over 30 is AT. Springs splits time with Butler and Wilhite. So are they old or are you just regurgitating what everyone else says?
    Isn't Wilfork over 30?

Either way I think we rely on our running game and defense to win this one, since Mayo will be out Moreno could have a big game.
    Made by Houshmazode

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie Man View Post
    Isn't Wilfork over 30?

Either way I think we rely on our running game and defense to win this one, since Mayo will be out Moreno could have a big game.
    Mayo has been updated actually. He is flying to Denver and I wouldn't be suprised is he did play. He was seen with a brace on today at practice. Would be huge if he did because McD will probably try to exploit Guyton.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowie Man View Post
    Isn't Wilfork over 30?

Vince Wilfork is 27.

Talking Orton's Real Problems...

After reading post after post of why Orton sucks and we need a QB, I began to wonder. I mean, we are 4-0, Kyle has a 97 rating which is 4th in the AFC. He is a good leader by all accounts including the Brians (Dawkins and Erlacher), Champ, the coach, pretty much everyone that has ever played football with him. And still, he don’t get no respect. So, just what is going on?

I did some research and I think I have come up with some problems that the Orton haters are secretly mad about, and this is why they are so adamant that he sucks.

1. His Name: Orton is a bad name. It sounds like a wet sneaker in the mud. It is not a name that generates confidence, like a John Wayne or a Tom Brady. Just the sound of those names ring with authority. Chad Johnson has set a precedent that allows an NFL player to change their name to something a bit more suitable. I think Kyle should change his name to Mayton Panning.

2. His Look: Tom Brady is handsome and dresses well. I’ve seen Kyle in a suit and he looks like a redneck at his sister’s wedding in a borrowed suit. Kyle needs him some style. We all know it is better to look good than to feel good. He should consider asking for some help from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Couldn’t hurt.

3. His Girlfriend: Tom Brady has Giselle. John Elway married a raiderette so he can do every night to the hated raiders what he used to do to them only on Sundays. But Kyle doesn’t have a girlfriend of note. Even Romo got some press over his girlfriend. Maybe she’s available? At the very least he should start winging his throwaway balls at the cheerleaders so he can go over and apologize. Maybe get a phone number. McD could be his wingman.

4. His Beard: Face it. A neckbeard is not a fashion statement for this century. Or even last century. He doesn’t have a beard that says “I’ve arrived”. However, he looks like a schoolboy when he shaves. Now, many players have hair that sticks out from under their helmet and I think Kyle should give that a try. I suggest he grow a ZZ Top beard that hangs down low. We might could get a “roughing the beard” penalty. And we could argue if he should tuck it into his shoulder pads or let it run free.

5. His Endorsements: This is the most egregious sin of Kyle Orton. Without the proper endorsements, how can he be expected to win friends and influence people? The Mannings already have the satellite contract. Elway is on every billboard in Denver begging you to buy a car. OJ put a Hertz on his endorsements. Joe Willie did Ultrabrite with Farrah. But Kyle? Nothing. I think a perfect endorsement for him would be Barbasol shave cream, or do a Shick Shtick. That neckbeard seems to be his most famous asset; might as well use it.

Seeing things in this light cleared up a lot for me. As it makes no logical sense to bash Orton for his on field play, we now have the true reasons for why Orton is not fit to play QB for the Broncos. So in the future, when bashing Orton using numbers, please save us all some time and just refer to the appropriate reason number above. Because the stats just aren’t backing you up.
    I don't want a winning season; I want a Dynasty!

That was pretty funny Sam!

I think we will see more plays down the field from Kyle when the glove comes off.

Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

lol I love it good stuff . When he gets his new deal he should change it like Ocho to something more menacing like Dirk Bowflex
    "(Touchdowns) are the goal," Orton said. "You can run for as many yards as you want, throw for as many yards as you want, but you have to convert to seven points. I think we're going to be explosive, be dynamic, be versatile."

"Perception is everything in this league, and a lot of times, unless you're a self-promoter, it can become negative," - Kyle Orton

Kyle Orton Army member #83

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    After reading post after post of why Orton sucks and we need a QB, I began to wonder. I mean, we are 4-0, Kyle has a 97 rating which is 4th in the AFC. He is a good leader by all accounts including the Brians (Dawkins and Erlacher), Champ, the coach, pretty much everyone that has ever played football with him. And still, he don’t get no respect. So, just what is going on?

I did some research and I think I have come up with some problems that the Orton haters are secretly mad about, and this is why they are so adamant that he sucks.

1. His Name: Orton is a bad name. It sounds like a wet sneaker in the mud. It is not a name that generates confidence, like a John Wayne or a Tom Brady. Just the sound of those names ring with authority. Chad Johnson has set a precedent that allows an NFL player to change their name to something a bit more suitable. I think Kyle should change his name to Mayton Panning.

2. His Look: Tom Brady is handsome and dresses well. I’ve seen Kyle in a suit and he looks like a redneck at his sister’s wedding in a borrowed suit. Kyle needs him some style. We all know it is better to look good than to feel good. He should consider asking for some help from Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. Couldn’t hurt.

3. His Girlfriend: Tom Brady has Giselle. John Elway married a raiderette so he can do every night to the hated raiders what he used to do to them only on Sundays. But Kyle doesn’t have a girlfriend of note. Even Romo got some press over his girlfriend. Maybe she’s available? At the very least he should start winging his throwaway balls at the cheerleaders so he can go over and apologize. Maybe get a phone number. McD could be his wingman.

4. His Beard: Face it. A neckbeard is not a fashion statement for this century. Or even last century. He doesn’t have a beard that says “I’ve arrived”. However, he looks like a schoolboy when he shaves. Now, many players have hair that sticks out from under their helmet and I think Kyle should give that a try. I suggest he grow a ZZ Top beard that hangs down low. We might could get a “roughing the beard” penalty. And we could argue if he should tuck it into his shoulder pads or let it run free.

5. His Endorsements: This is the most egregious sin of Kyle Orton. Without the proper endorsements, how can he be expected to win friends and influence people? The Mannings already have the satellite contract. Elway is on every billboard in Denver begging you to buy a car. OJ put a Hertz on his endorsements. Joe Willie did Ultrabrite with Farrah. But Kyle? Nothing. I think a perfect endorsement for him would be Barbasol shave cream, or do a Shick Shtick. That neckbeard seems to be his most famous asset; might as well use it.

Seeing things in this light cleared up a lot for me. As it makes no logical sense to bash Orton for his on field play, we now have the true reasons for why Orton is not fit to play QB for the Broncos. So in the future, when bashing Orton using numbers, please save us all some time and just refer to the appropriate reason number above. Because the stats just aren’t backing you up.
    First off, that was pretty funny. My only problem with Orton is his accuracy. Missing wide open receivers downfield could come back to haunt us when we play a high powered offense.

"The Man, the Myth, the Legend"

I love the post. Orton could definetly benefit from that machine from Family Matters that Steve Urkel went into and turned into the stud alter ego of Urkel in Stefan.

It would be pretty weird if Orton got a haircut, shaved the facial hair, and somehow learned what style was and ended up in GQ.

Regardless, I hope he keeps building up that chemistry with the receivers, I know he can be a great (Yeah, "great') QB in this system. We need to get Eddie Royal involved, and take advantage of Moreno's catching ability out of the backfield more.

Who knows, maybe the unveiling (or ungloving) of the right hand will result in the transformation to the social butterfly and sex symbol of Kyle Orton v2.0. But if that doesn't happen, some better deep field accuracy will do.

Pretty funny post mate. I have one response. Two words:

Jake Plummer

The beard is back, and last time we had a good sized beard commanding the offense, we went 13-3. I can handle that.
    [FONT="Arial Black"][COLOR="orange"][/COLOR]Inventor of "DOOM AND THE TERRIBLE 10"[/FONT]

@ballsdeepagain

Now its well known Im not a fan of ol neckbeard, and i could go over the reasons again but instead im gonna give credit where credit is due, this post was just great, funny and at least a little true. good stuff.