Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100
Results 1,486 to 1,493 of 1493
    I have watched the game 4 times now. Everytime I get the feeling that Orton is our guy. Though I have had confidence in him since the trade, he is exceeding what I though we would have.

His passes are very accurate and he has some real zip on the ball, short and long!

JMHO
    Been in love with the Broncos since 1960!
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=366922&dateline=12622  85889
    I was 9 years old .... I hear the thunder again!

Tebow Army number 69
    Adoptees: thatkidhunt, Peanut, CanDB, Gatorgirl (so far)

Democracy.. Is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty ... Is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. -- Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Agreed.

Saw enough of him in the other 4 games I realized he was the QB for us. Still he missed some passes or maybe the WRs were not running the routes he expected...not sure what was going on other then wide open players did not end up being completions.

He takes off the glove and Orton looked amazing. Not sure if it was the glove or maybe he just needed more time to get on the same page with people.

Did not get the entire game recorded but I did get the NFL replay recorded. The more I watch and the more breakdowns I watch the more I realize Orton is our long term solution.

For any remaining doubters out there I highly suggest watching this breakdown.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/denver-bro...oncos-analysis

The 22 yard pass to Royal is the key one. Can not remember where I saw the play breakdown (wanna say Trent Dilfer breaks it down on ESPN) but he makes two reads to realize Royal will be open then zips the ball 22 yards, throwing it before Royal even turns around.

It has been posted already but can not find the thread as the "my posts" part of my pofile is blocked by some new feature of the forums and will not let me click those links.
    He looks good. It's definately the glove coming off and confidence. I'd like to see other qb's throw with a glove on there throwing hand. All his throws were on time, plenty of zip, accurate. Dilfer breaks it down on espn. The pass to royal was great, also good to see royal have a breakout game. Orton will only get better, same with the offense. Just saw that video. Orton looks like the future/longterm qb. Saw Maycock break down our defense. Our "no name" DL looked good. Fields with penetration as well as Kenny Peterson. This team is playing well as a whole. Cant wait for SD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaQ7wog1Kog
    Last edited by ERoyal248; 10-15-2009 at 10:58 AM.

I have been saying it all season (to my brother).

Orton reminds me of my friend Derrick.

Everyone picks on him constantly. He never really fights back. He's kind of a nerd.

He's not very athletic, and last to be picked most of the time.

If he's on your team, and gets some confidence and a streak going in basketball though- Watch out! He is unstoppable from the perimeter.

If Orton gets some confidence going, he will stop over-thinking and second guessing himself and Watch out! Especially with our group of WR's.

I have a another for you all to watch on the NFL network. Its called "Great 4th Quarter Comepacks" or something along those lines. It's a game in 08 between Chicago and Atlanta, and you should see the shots Kyle takes down field!

Several 30 and 40 yard strikes right between the numbers. This guy is way better than alot of the nay sayers were giving him credit for. Also a friend from Chicago sent me some DVD's of Kyle in 06 as well and I can tell you this, he can make any throw the proported top 5 QB's can make in the league.

You aren't getting a lesser QB with :orton:

This dude has all the tools to be and MVP and take us far into the playoffs.
    It's all good fun!

Orton

Quote Originally Posted by serpico View Post
    It felt like i wasn't watching a qb trying to just manage a game. for the first time i wasn't really holding my breathe when he dropped back. plus the line did an outstanding job. i felt like he really came out of his shell this game. I saw kyle orton from purdue. and i don't really consider the Moss INT an INT @ the end of the half. sometimes being in the right system makes all the difference. If Montana wasn't part of the west coast offense with jerry rice, would he have done what he did?
    I agree with this. Orton was really impressive on those two long drives. Now, time will tell if he is our future, but he is doing real well right now.

As for Montana, if he wasn't part of Walsh's system, I don't think he would have been what he was.

Orton was very good last Sunday, and he was simply amazing when it mattered most in the 4th quarter. He defintely broke out (and you could tell Mcdaniels had faith with the 48 pass attempts).

BUT, did he really break out? OR is he finally HEALTHY? You can literally say: The glove came off.

3 reasons to believe the offense will only improve:

1- Orton is healthy
    2- The offense is learning one another each game (new blocking scheme, skill players getting used to their QB and vice-versa).
    3- Orton is getting comfy in the new system.

Toss in a happy Marshall and there you go!

Orton was very impressive against NE. He was smart with the football calm cool and collected. I cant believe I am saying this put he just might turn out to be the QB of the future time will tell.. :go:

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Orton was very impressive against NE. He was smart with the football calm cool and collected. I cant believe I am saying this put he just might turn out to be the QB of the future time will tell.. :go:

He's playing himself into a new 2-3 year deal. Just enough time for Tom B. to be groomed. Orton playing well helps everyone.