Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by glenwillett View Post
    Really and what happens when you combine them with a defense that can't tackle and can't get you back on the field consistently? That's the bigger issue here. If we only had to throw the ball 20 times a game like the Titans or Giants we'd be just fine right now. But since the opposition's drives eat up 10 minutes at a time and still result in them scoring TD's we have to play from behind, which means we have to pass. That gets predictable no matter who you are.
    Yep.....I have always said they better have a strong team built around a young inexperienced qb to cover his weaknesses as he learns how to be an nfl qb.......until they do that......Cutler and his teams will continue to lose more games than they win.

But sooner or later Cutler will have to take the blame for offensive problems as he figures out how to be a leader and an nfl qb...
    My 3 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team who plays Michigan

I am a big fan of Jay, but there are times that he may want to think about the way he is perceived out there. And he can't let talk bother him. Otherwise he will be bothered easily, which may throw off his game. The game is hard enough as it is.

He does seem to have a bit of cockiness about him, and at times appears disinterested and unfriendly. It may have to do with maturity or that he is uncomfortable with the media, etc. I get that. He is very young. But first and foremost, he has to be a leader, which he has proven he can be.

He has the tools to be a great one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am a big fan of Jay, but there are times that he may want to think about the way he is perceived out there. And he can't let talk bother him. Otherwise he will be bothered easily, which may throw off his game. The game is hard enough as it is.

He does seem to have a bit of cockiness about him, and at times appears disinterested and unfriendly. It may have to do with maturity or that he is uncomfortable with the media, etc. I get that. He is very young. But first and foremost, he has to be a leader, which he has proven he can be.

He has the tools to be a great one!!!
    I agree with most of your post......but......I have not seen where "he has proven that he can be a leader".....at least not yet....
    My 3 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team who plays Michigan

Cutler has made some mistakes, Cutler will make more mistakes. Dam I guess he's human after all.

While I believe the offense has been the problem the last 4 games. I also believe that Cutler has the ability to be a great QB, I even think he will come threw for us this year.

I'm not going to throw Cutler under the bus and we are not even close to that point. Hell over all Cutler has been ALOT more good then bad.

Quote Originally Posted by broncophan View Post
    I agree with most of your post......but......I have not seen where "he has proven that he can be a leader".....at least not yet....
    I initially approved of his outspoken attempt to "wake up" Marsh, which at the time seemed necessary. I can not profess to know if it worked, not being close to the scene. But at the time, when all 'h" was breaking out, I liked the fact that he was not accepting that type of behaviour.

On the field, for sure in the first few games, he looked the part of a field general. He made those key passes with some serious pressure against SD, and he was playing like a man on a mission in 3 or 4 of the games, thereby motivating his mates I'm sure.

So those are examples of long term potential leadership, on and off the field.