Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    237

    Shannon Sharpe on Jay Cutler on NFL sirius satellite radio.

    I was listening to sirius satellite radio and some of you may know he is on a radio station in the morning talking about football. I was very surprised to hear him say this "Jay Cutler talks to much, he talks more than any other qb in the history of the nfl" what is this he loves him in the beginning of the season but now he says this? Wow. Please comment.

    *R.I.P Darrent Williams and Damien Nash you will never be forgotten*

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Jay talks too much? When? He's very quiet on ANY of his post-game interviews, and he never trash talks anyone.

    The thing people complain about, are the SAME things they wanted from him just last season... (more confdence or whatever).

    Jay didn't comment on the "strong arm" thing without being ASKED the question if he thought his arm was stronger. I STILL can't believe people blow that so out of proportion. Unbelievable how people make that into something Its so ridiculous.

    I can't believe they are thinking of putting Sharpe on radio. He has so many marbles in his mouth, you can't understand the guy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Jay talks too much? When? He's very quiet on ANY of his post-game interviews, and he never trash talks anyone.

    The thing people complain about, are the SAME things they wanted from him just last season... (more confdence or whatever).

    Jay didn't comment on the "strong arm" thing without being ASKED the question if he thought his arm was stronger. I STILL can't believe people blow that so out of proportion. Unbelievable how people make that into something Its so ridiculous.

    I can't believe they are thinking of putting Sharpe on radio. He has so many marbles in his mouth, you can't understand the guy.

    I think the media comes up with every rhetorical question they can think of. When a player actually answers their stupid rhetorical questions the media then has a party parade and turns it in to a circus all at the same time. It makes for good entertainment but to me Sharpe just looks like an ass for talking down to Cutler.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,857
    How many times has Sharpe jumped OFF and ON the Broncos bandwagon?

    Seriously... He says like one funny thing a week on NFL Today.... He's just almost annoying the rest of the time, and it looks like Dan Marino is about to show Shannon the back of his hand.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Jay talks too much? When? He's very quiet on ANY of his post-game interviews, and he never trash talks anyone.

    The thing people complain about, are the SAME things they wanted from him just last season... (more confdence or whatever).

    Jay didn't comment on the "strong arm" thing without being ASKED the question if he thought his arm was stronger. I STILL can't believe people blow that so out of proportion. Unbelievable how people make that into something Its so ridiculous.

    I can't believe they are thinking of putting Sharpe on radio. He has so many marbles in his mouth, you can't understand the guy.
    There are ways Jay could have answered the question without stating that his arm was, not only stronger than Elways, but stronger than anyone else in the league. Then when he was given a chance to clarify or retract his statement, he refused.

    And then there's the statements he made regarding Phillip Rivers, whom almost all Broncos fans despise but even so, our QB should not be launching personal attacks about a fellow NFL quarterback who, despite his shortcomings, has accomplished a heck of a lot more in his short time as a starter than Jay has.

    Again, I get fans eat that stuff up, but in my history of watching pro football, the true QB legends have, without much exception, handled such questions and interviews with a lot more class and utilizing better media savvy than Jay did. The ESPN crew had it right - he's not in the same league as Elway in any shape, way, or form, and doesn't need to be comparing himself in such a manner.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    tter media savvy than Jay did. The ESPN crew had it right - he's not in the same league as Elway in any shape, way, or form, and doesn't need to be comparing himself in such a manner.
    Thats their opinion. I heard another crew say that they liked a QB with some swagger. As they said, these BIG armed players (in any sport) LOVE to feel as their arm was stronger than the other guys.. bragging or feeling as though they can out-throw anyone else. Its who they are. I don't see a SINGLE thing wrong with it.

    In fact.. I remember back in the day when Dan Marino was playing against a young Drew Bledsoe, and the interviewer asked "who had the stronger arm?" They BOTH said they did. Here was a young Drew Bledsoe sying he had a stronger arm than Marino. No one made a big deal about it.

    Cutler didn't compare himself to the QB or the PERSON of John Elway...he only compared his arm strength. Thats it, nothing more, and I STILL don't see a SINGLE thing wrong with his comment because it was the PRESS that compared his arm to Elway's..not Jay just bringing it up. The media made a big deal about it, thus the fans want to jump on the ship.

    As far as Jay's comments on Phillip... I don't know what interview you are talking about. I saw him on PTI, and Kornheiser was trying to goat him into saying something about Rivers.. and Jay didn't. He avoided the questions and moved on.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    3,257
    Was he dissing Cutler? That is pretty funny because nobody AT ANY position talked more than Shannon Sharpe did.

    Sig by Peerless

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,120
    One thing I did like about the MNF game, is when they talked about it. The one announcer said, after the other guy was trying to make a big deal out of it and put Cutler in a bad light. " I think Cutler has a stronger arm to" The other guy went on to try and make it sound like he was saying Cutler was the better QB and he shuts him up.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Thats their opinion. I heard another crew say that they liked a QB with some swagger. As they said, these BIG armed players (in any sport) LOVE to feel as their arm was stronger than the other guys.. bragging or feeling as though they can out-throw anyone else. Its who they are. I don't see a SINGLE thing wrong with it.

    In fact.. I remember back in the day when Dan Marino was playing against a young Drew Bledsoe, and the interviewer asked "who had the stronger arm?" They BOTH said they did. Here was a young Drew Bledsoe sying he had a stronger arm than Marino. No one made a big deal about it.

    Cutler didn't compare himself to the QB or the PERSON of John Elway...he only compared his arm strength. Thats it, nothing more, and I STILL don't see a SINGLE thing wrong with his comment because it was the PRESS that compared his arm to Elway's..not Jay just bringing it up. The media made a big deal about it, thus the fans want to jump on the ship.

    As far as Jay's comments on Phillip... I don't know what interview you are talking about. I saw him on PTI, and Kornheiser was trying to goat him into saying something about Rivers.. and Jay didn't. He avoided the questions and moved on.
    Would you agree that Tom Jackson, despite whatever feelings you have about ESPN, is a credible and distinguished reporter/commentator/analyst, and that whatever he states may have a little more meaning and substance than, say, if Keyshawn Johnson or Michael Irvin or even Shannon Sharpe?

    Tom Jackson even said that the comments - IN THE CONTEXT THEY WERE STATED - were improper for Jay to make. He added that he's a big Cutler fan and feels the kid is a megastar on the rise - BUT THAT HE'S NOT EVEN IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS ELWAY AND SHOULD NEVER EVER PUT HIMSELF IN A POSITION TO COMPARE HIMSELF TO JOHN AT THIS STAGE OF HIS CAREER.

    So with all due respect, ravage, I am backing someone with a lot more education, experience, credentials, and credibility in Tom Jackson, than you. And I'm not even going to include the fact that respected analysts like Steve Young and Mike Ditka said the exact same thing.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyBronco View Post
    One thing I did like about the MNF game, is when they talked about it. The one announcer said, after the other guy was trying to make a big deal out of it and put Cutler in a bad light. " I think Cutler has a stronger arm to" The other guy went on to try and make it sound like he was saying Cutler was the better QB and he shuts him up.
    Cutler may very well have a stronger arm. But that's not the point. Cutler shouldn't be comparing himself in any shape, way, or form to Elway, and should never state that he's better in any way than Elway was at anything, at this point in his career.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Would you agree that Tom Jackson, despite whatever feelings you have about ESPN, is a credible and distinguished reporter/commentator/analyst, and that whatever he states may have a little more meaning and substance than, say, if Keyshawn Johnson or Michael Irvin or even Shannon Sharpe?

    Tom Jackson even said that the comments - IN THE CONTEXT THEY WERE STATED - were improper for Jay to make. He added that he's a big Cutler fan and feels the kid is a megastar on the rise - BUT THAT HE'S NOT EVEN IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS ELWAY AND SHOULD NEVER EVER PUT HIMSELF IN A POSITION TO COMPARE HIMSELF TO JOHN AT THIS STAGE OF HIS CAREER.

    So with all due respect, ravage, I am backing someone with a lot more education, experience, credentials, and credibility in Tom Jackson, than you. And I'm not even going to include the fact that respected analysts like Steve Young and Mike Ditka said the exact same thing.
    Why should we put so much on what someone else feels about his comments, I don't care if the pope told me he thought Jay was wrong. That's not going to make me evaluate what Jay did any differently. I think Jay gave an honest answer I don't really care what Shannon or Tom Jackson, or anyone else thinks.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Cutler may very well have a stronger arm. But that's not the point. Cutler shouldn't be comparing himself in any shape, way, or form to Elway, and should never state that he's better in any way than Elway was at anything, at this point in his career.
    In your opinion. But why is it a problem if our opinions differ, I don't think any thing he said was without class. Saying I have a stronger arm does not mean I'm comparing my self as a QB or a person.

    But these points have already been made. My question is for you, Do you disagree with them, Do you think Cutler was comparing him self as a QB in some way?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    Quote Originally Posted by SlyBronco View Post
    Why should we put so much on what someone else feels about his comments, I don't care if the pope told me he thought Jay was wrong. That's not going to make me evaluate what Jay did any differently. I think Jay gave an honest answer I don't really care what Shannon or Tom Jackson, or anyone else thinks.
    And that's fine. Like I said, there are fans like you and others who eat up the fact that Jay will speak honestly about Marshall, Elway, and Rivers. More power to you.

    My feeling is that the classiest, most legendary quarterbacks in NFL history wouldn't handle themselves the way Cutler has in some of his interviews. They wouldn't have stated that they were better in any way than a HOF quarterback that played when they were still in diapers, or throw another teammate under the bus, or criticize another quarterback who has accomplished much more than he himself has.

    But I guess everything Cutler says is simply blown out of proportion and taken out of context.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    18,970
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Would you agree that Tom Jackson, despite whatever feelings you have about ESPN, is a credible and distinguished reporter/commentator/analyst, and that whatever he states may have a little more meaning and substance than, say, if Keyshawn Johnson or Michael Irvin or even Shannon Sharpe?

    Tom Jackson even said that the comments - IN THE CONTEXT THEY WERE STATED - were improper for Jay to make. He added that he's a big Cutler fan and feels the kid is a megastar on the rise - BUT THAT HE'S NOT EVEN IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS ELWAY AND SHOULD NEVER EVER PUT HIMSELF IN A POSITION TO COMPARE HIMSELF TO JOHN AT THIS STAGE OF HIS CAREER.

    So with all due respect, ravage, I am backing someone with a lot more education, experience, credentials, and credibility in Tom Jackson, than you. And I'm not even going to include the fact that respected analysts like Steve Young and Mike Ditka said the exact same thing.
    Thats ok mojo.... its his opinion. I like Tom Jackson, but that doesn't mean his opinion is "right." See.. its an opinion. Doesn't make it RIGHt, mojo. Its not like its a FACT like watching game films and pointing out a fact. Its still an opinion. So take whatever opinion you wish. We all do that depending on how they match our own, right?

    All those credentials, you would think they would be better about picking the winners of games than anyone and everyone else as well, right? His "opinion" should be superior since he has all the "education, experience, credentials, and credibility".... but ... opinions are just opinions.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,120
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Thats ok mojo.... its his opinion. I like Tom Jackson, but that doesn't mean his opinion is "right." See.. its an opinion. Doesn't make it RIGHt, mojo. Its not like its a FACT like watching game films and pointing out a fact. Its still an opinion. So take whatever opinion you wish. We all do that depending on how they match our own, right?

    All those credentials, you would think they would be better about picking the winners of games than anyone and everyone else as well, right? His "opinion" should be superior since he has all the "education, experience, credentials, and credibility".... but ... opinions are just opinions.
    Exactly.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •