Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Will Rodgers contract set the table for Cutler's?

Aaron Rodgers was just extended by GB. It is reported to be worth more than $66 Million with 20 guaranteed and 11 per year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3675543

So can we expect about the same for Cutler? More, if so why? Less, if so, why?

I dont think Cutler will ask for top dollar, he may but the Denver FO may do the same thing they did to Elway to spread Cutler's cap hit, therefore be able to retain all our other bright stars.
    McDaniles Career as a failure of a Head Coach is being fulfilled. Termination of McFailure has happen.

Rejoice Bronco Fans we have taken our team back, but at a heavy cost.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoKazuki View Post
    I dont think Cutler will ask for top dollar, he may but the Denver FO may do the same thing they did to Elway to spread Cutler's cap hit, therefore be able to retain all our other bright stars.
    What is that?

I'd imagine it'll be in that ballpark unless Cutler does something to make Shanny doubt he's our guy for the long term.

To me, the bigger question is what will Marshall get and will it be with the Broncos or somebody else. There's only so many huge contracts a team can handle and those will both monstrous.
    "You can't take the sky from me..."
    ------
    "You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding"

Between Big Ben and now this, Cutlers gonna get PAID.

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post
    I'd imagine it'll be in that ballpark unless Cutler does something to make Shanny doubt he's our guy for the long term.

To me, the bigger question is what will Marshall get and will it be with the Broncos or somebody else. There's only so many huge contracts a team can handle and those will both monstrous.
    I agree. I have wondered who they are going to wrap up first. Cutler makes the most sense. I hope that they can utilize the fact that they work out together in ATL in the offseason and keeping the core together in the long run will be more lucrative.

That is what makes the NFL so tough. Success tears teams apart because people will raid the FA's of SB and playoff teams and over pay. Or, if you are bad or mediocre you still have to find a way to pay all the stars.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Aaron Rodgers was just extended by GB. It is reported to be worth more than $66 Million with 20 guaranteed and 11 per year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3675543

So can we expect about the same for Cutler? More, if so why? Less, if so, why?
    This is a good thread. Im sure his agent will be wanting more money then Rodgers got because of his stats and Howlitzer arm

I don't think Cutler will attempt to get $66 million a few days before a game. I did not expect Rodgers to do that. First things first, figure out how to control the football - literally. Cutler needs to start throwing to all of his receivers no matter who they are instead of specifically looking for #15 if he wants money like what Rodgers is being paid. He is a good quarterback but must get better if he wants bigger paychecks from the Broncos.
    [COLOR="Navy"][B][FONT="Arial"][SIZE="4"][CENTER][SIZE="4"]"What will not kill you makes you stronger."[/SIZE][/CENTER][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

Talking ok

hopefully Jay will wait until the end of the season before he tries to get that big contract i hope he wont go after 66 million though

Lock him up.

Sig by Peerless

I don't care what Cutler asks for, give it to him! He's a must have. Cutler is in a position where he can demand what he wants, and we will give it to him, because he's just that big of a must have. The good thing is, is that Cutler isn't a selfish "me" person, so I don't think we will have TOO many problems resiging him. Cutler will probably get a contract that is a little more than this contract in my opinion.

How about a magic trick?

Quote Originally Posted by Javalon View Post

but we don't have a bunch of super stars. We certainly don't have as many as the GOOD teams do. We don't have as many as Dallas and GB.... Giants.

I don't see us having a hard time signing Marshall considering we don't have anyone on the team.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrentCB27 View Post
    I don't think Cutler will attempt to get $66 million a few days before a game. I did not expect Rodgers to do that. First things first, figure out how to control the football - literally. Cutler needs to start throwing to all of his receivers no matter who they are instead of specifically looking for #15 if he wants money like what Rodgers is being paid. He is a good quarterback but must get better if he wants bigger paychecks from the Broncos.
    He's already earned that big contract. I'm sorry you don't see it, but the fact is the kid IS a franchise QB in this league and will be getting franchise QB money. So I very much expect him to be getting money that is somewhere around Rodgers contract...especially since he's younger.

I don't know what you mean 'attempting to get 66 million a few days before a game"..... thats what agents are for. I don't think Rodgers was the one sitting in the offices and doing the negotiations, he was on the practice field getting ready for the game.

66 Million is not "Top dollar", Roethlisblah got 8 years and 102 million and 33.2 guaranteed, Manning got 7 years 99.2 million with 34.5 guaranteed.

And considering Brady and Garrard got about the same as Rodgers, 66 million would be a nice deal if Cutler continues to progress until his contract is up.

I can hear it now: "Sure your client (Cutler) is one of the best QB's in the league, but he throws it to Brandon Marshall too much, we just can't pay him what Rodgers got".

Congratulations, that's pretty stupid......
    Last edited by stnzed; 11-01-2008 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stnzed View Post
    66 Million is not "Top dollar" and would be a nice deal if Cutler continues to progress until his contract is up.

I can hear it now: "Sure your client (Cutler) is one of the best QB's in the league, but he throws it to Brandon Marshall too much, we just can't pay him what Rodgers got".

Congratulations, that's pretty stupid......
    Can you imagine?? Guys like Mike Vick got 100 million dollar contracts (and no, he's not the only one, and no one expects them to really get that kind of money)... but 66 million is NOT top dollar contract, you are absolutely right.