Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeNFrK View Post
    It would be nice. We have to face it though.. Back to back injuries is not easy to came back from. It has to be something with him not being able to stay healthy. He would have to recover 100% and then work his ass off to get in the best physical condition possible.
    those injuries were freak accidents. Its not like he got easily tackled and crumbled to the ground. He had 400+ pounds pushing him the opposite direction and his knee blew out....it was just bad luck. The good thing though is that this is his first knee injury, and knee injuries are a chronic problem if you re-injure them over and over again. good luck with healing up Torain

FA Targets: DT Jason Jones, DT Pat Simms, S Reggie Smith, LB Dan Connor

The agent for Ryan Torain confirmed Friday that his client torn his ACL in Week 10. He will be placed on injured reserve, ending his season.

Torain's tear is said to be "clean," but the rookie has now suffered serious knee and foot (Lisfranc) injuries in one year and is unlikely to be viewed by Denver as a potential feature back again. He will be given a long look for a backup or possible committee spot in 2009 camp, but backs coming off ACL tears are never good bets. Torain's long-term outlook is not bright

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3688537

Torain looked as advertised against Cleveland. He had 68 yards on 12 carries
    and he looked like the perfect fit for Denver's zone-blocking run attack. Torain appeared to be a solution for a stagnant running game that produced 14 yards against Miami. It was the second-lowest yardage total in team history.

Put Brandon Marshall in the backfield. He'll get his touches sol he'll be happy and it'll be fun to watch him dance like Barry Sanders did. This RB injury bug is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew's Broncos View Post
    Put Brandon Marshall in the backfield. He'll get his touches sol he'll be happy and it'll be fun to watch him dance like Barry Sanders did. This RB injury bug is getting ridiculous.
    the injury bug in general is getting ridiculous dude. it wiped out all 3 of our starting Linebackers...its wiped out 3 starting runningbacks, our backup QB, our best defensive player (Champ), and I'm pretty sure it isn't done causing havoc

Cory Boyd is legit

Hey guys,

As a die hard Carolina Gamecocks fan, you guys are lucky to have Cory Boyd. I have no doubt if they move him to the active roster this week you will be hugely impressed next week. I know him personally as I was his landlord while he was in college and he is one of the hardest working, good kids you will find. He got a bad rap for his upbringing in NJ, but he has turned himself around and now uses that as his "mean streak" i think you guys got another low-round gem that the Broncos have become famous for.

He ran behind a "nothing" line at Carolina and is a hard nosed runner that worked for every yard and has incredible hands coming out of the backfield. He doesn't have the best 40 time, or the best vertical leap, but when it comes to playing the game he is a stud. All he needs is a shot and he will show everyone what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by mscs03 View Post
    Hey guys,

As a die hard Carolina Gamecocks fan, you guys are lucky to have Cory Boyd. I have no doubt if they move him to the active roster this week you will be hugely impressed next week. I know him personally as I was his landlord while he was in college and he is one of the hardest working, good kids you will find. He got a bad rap for his upbringing in NJ, but he has turned himself around and now uses that as his "mean streak" i think you guys got another low-round gem that the Broncos have become famous for.

He ran behind a "nothing" line at Carolina and is a hard nosed runner that worked for every yard and has incredible hands coming out of the backfield. He doesn't have the best 40 time, or the best vertical leap, but when it comes to playing the game he is a stud. All he needs is a shot and he will show everyone what he can do.
    gamecock

we seriously need to bring in Runningback reinforcements....TONY HUNT!!! and hell why not MIKE BELL!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Don't be retarded.I seem to recall one Terrel Davis who sat untuil the 5th round of the draft because he was hurt all through college.Shefflers been hrut every year he has been here want to get rid of him too?
    I like Torain I see the talent but if he can't stay healthy what good is he to us? I am talking about next year.
    Hillis will be the best full back in the league by the end of the year!!!!!!!!!

cut him?? that's dumb...he was AMAZING in the Quarter and 1/2 he played in...if he can recover 100% from this ACL...he'll be in the running to be our starter next year

Quote Originally Posted by RAWDOGG View Post
    OUch.......the Broncos have be hit with the injury bug........with so many could it be conditioning?
    You really are an idiot aren't you?

I say give Torain another shot at being the feature back next year... if he ends up getting another serious injury we look elsewhere. Really sucks to be Torain though right now; especially with how well he was performing.

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe13 View Post
    You really are an idiot aren't you?
    ......i'm tired of that "conditioning" excuse...it's just an excuse...and what does Brandon Marshall say about excuses???

"Excuses are a tool of incompetence"

Broncos continue search for running game

Ryan Torain looked like he could be the answer.

He was running with authority and was a fine fit for the Denver offense. He was giving the team the offensive balance they lacked all season.

Then he got injured.

Now the Broncos, coming off a much-needed comeback win at Cleveland, have no answers at running back. Torain is out for the season with a torn ACL in his left knee.
    Where do the Broncos go now?

The answer isn't overly hopeful for the team. There are two tailbacks on the roster: Selvin Young and P.J. Pope. That's it.

Young tried but couldn't be a factor Thursday night because of a groin injury that kept him out for three weeks. Pope was just promoted from the practice squad.

Denver finished the game with rookie Peyton Hillis at tailback but he's really a fullback. The seventh-round pick is most famous for blocking for Darren McFadden and Felix Jones in college at Arkansas.

Hillis actually did a fair job Thursday night. Hillis got some tough yards, including a tremendous second-effort first down on fourth and 1 on Denver's game-winning drive late in the fourth quarter. Had Hillis gone down on the initial hit hit, Denver very likely would have lost.

Hillis saved the game Thursday. Can the fullback save the season? There really aren't many other choices.

Denver stayed away from the weak list of available running backs Monday a day after Michael Pittman and Andre Hall went down for the season. Now, they will likely be forced to look elsewhere.

The Broncos haven't been enamored with any available tailbacks all season. The Broncos have a specific need to fit their zone-blocking scheme but they aren't thrilled with the available choices.

It is not the time to be choosy.

The 5-4 Broncos are trying to cling onto a lead in the AFC West. They need balance. Expect the Broncos to employ an offensive attack similar to the one they used Thursday. Quarterback Jay Cutler will be operating the spread offense and playing out of the shotgun.

Cutler loves playing out of the shotgun but Denver coach Mike Shanahan doesn't because it kills the running game. Well, the running game is already dead. So, Shanahan may let the shotgun rip. Cutler excelled using it Thursday night. He threw for 447 yards and three touchdown passes in the Broncos' comeback 34-30 win. The Broncos were down 23-10 in the fourth quarter.

Cutler willed the team to win. With the running game broken and five defensive starters out with injuries, he is going to have to continue to play that way.